+ Reply to Thread
Page 19 of 22 FirstFirst ... 910111213141516171819202122 LastLast
Like Tree294Likes

Thread: Celebrity Apprentice 4/15 Episode ****SPOILERS****

FORT Fogey

Re: Celebrity Apprentice 4/15 Episode ****SPOILERS****

I don't expect Trump or the other contestants to help Dayana... that's the way of the world... reality TV shows are a microcosm of the world in general. The most vulnerable people never get help. Also, Lisa tries to devalue Dayana, and marginalizes and mistreats her, because she's jealous of her.
    Last edited by bachelorwatcher; 04-18-2012 at 12:07 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by bachelorwatcher View Post
    I don't expect Trump or the other contestants to help Dayana... that's the way of the world... reality TV shows are a microcosm of the world in general. The most vulnerable people never get help. Also, Lisa tries to devalue Dayana, and marginalizes and mistreats her, because she's jealous of her.
    Lisa does seem to be very jealous of Dayana. I have said before, apart from being very classy, I think Dayana is way way stronger then people give her credit for.
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

Here's where it gets crazy: as of the 18th (today) Lampenelli donated 50,000 dollars to The New York City Gay Men's Health Club in the Name of The Westboro Baptist Church. Now, if there is one group of people on this planet who represnt the very essence of hate it is The Westboro Baptist Church. So Lisa zinged them by doing what she did. But, the timing of the donation is interesting. I do know she has been very supportive of the gay community for years. So now this brings up something else: just because you do good deeds does not mean you are a good person. It doesn't erase or change the fact your venom is just as toxic as the evil you are focused on destroying. I feel as if she uses these donations as proof she isn't `really bad' and `it's just an act' when I spew hatred .' I don't know, I think she has more in common with The Rev. Fred Phelps than with those who actively work to block his church's protests against the gay community and military casualties. This is where it gets mucked up-some hatred is unacceptable because it lacks `humor' (i.e. The Westboro Church)but other kinds of hatred are acceptable because it's` funny' and `I'm lampooning everyone.' There is some crazy psychological stuff that has to be going on inside Lampenellis head. I wonder how she would react if say, someone, a stranger, came up to her and started mocking friends of hers that are gay...just ripping into them. Would she laugh? Would she be angry? Does she understand she is doing the same thing to Lisa and Lisa's culture that The Westboro Baptist Church does to the gay and military communities? She is as vile as Phelps. But people applaud her.
    " I'm a Republican. I only seem liberal because I believe hurricanes are caused by high barometric pressure, not gay marriage."- Will Macavoy The Newsroom

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

So, in essence, Lisa plays headgames with Lisa.
    redsox girl likes this.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

Quote Originally Posted by prhoshay View Post
    So, in essence, Lisa plays headgames with Lisa.
    I think she's seriously messed up. Her self-hatred is painfully obvious (not meant as an excuse for her nasty behavior...).
    redsox girl and AZChristian like this.

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

Who was it that said, when asked if she would marry another comedian, "No! Comedians are all crazy!" I think that comedians are born from/perform from a place of pain. I remember seeing Steve Harvy in a small comedy club, not long before he went "big" and, while he was hilarious, I could hear the pain and anger in his routine. Fortunately, he was not hateful or spiteful.

Honestly, I think they learned to do what they do to keep people off them. When they are young, there is that knowledge that they can cut you to ribbons with their wit and their tongue.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

Quote Originally Posted by lizardcat View Post
    I think she's seriously messed up. Her self-hatred is painfully obvious (not meant as an excuse for her nasty behavior...).
    I think she is as well. Perhaps after she sees this show she will see how much she is. I offer no excuses for her nasty behavior either
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

Lisa was asked about whether she felt she was getting a bad edit today on Elvis Duran's Show at Z100 New York. She said the edit was fair to her and that this is who she is and you should feel sorry for her family. To hear the rest of the 5 minute interview you can download it here.

Wednesday, April 18, 2012 12:12 PM 120416_Z100_Elvis_Lampanelli-ClayMentions_gdg.mp3

www.clackunlimited.com - /clack/Celebrity_Apprentice/Interviews/Radio/Z100_NYC/

FORT Regular

Even though I haven't liked her behavior towards Dayana on the show, I do respect that she owns up to it. There's none of the Omarosa nonsense of "They edited me to look that way."

There are definitely some mental issues though, by Lisa's own admission. There was an interview in 2009 or 2010 where she briefly mentioned that she was on wellbutrin (antidepressant medication), and then an interview within the last month that said she couldn't be bothered to be on it anymore.

I Bleed Scarlet And Gray FireWoman's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by jadewarlock View Post
    Unfortunately I cannot be more blunt due to family friendly rules, but here it is:

Lisa is a woman and with the women's lib movement there are enough women, and maybe a few men, who think her actions are permissible because of her gender.

I personally find racism, bigotry and just bullying vile.

If Trump was as strong of a man as he claims he is, he'd be ripping up Lisa a new one. Sadly... I really think after he allowed Joan Rivers to win the show with a similar tactic (minus the racism but Joan was vile toward Annie, and played victim when Annie tried to politely make points), Lisa will be allowed to continue.

I'd fired her the moment she helped her team lose two challenges, let alone 6.
    I agree, however Trump in his own is a bit of a bully himself. I don't know why I do watch this show since I honestly CAN NOT stand Trump. He is vile and makes my skin crawl. Hes a hypocrite and in my watching I am sure I am feeding in to the "Trump Machine".. but I DO like a lot of the Clebs that he has on, and this season more than others. I want to see the charities that everyone is playing for get money that so many if not all of them deserve as well as awareness. I just wish that there was a better way! lol.

I miss George and Caroline, the addition of the baby Trumps also make me want to vomit, not one of them will ever tell their father anything other than what they think he WANTS to hear.

This show is a joke sadly in so many ways from Trump and his family butt kissing, to the fanned flames of drama for ratings, the product placements, and the inconsistent thoughts about players and what makes someone a "loser or not a loser" or a "quitter" to quote him. But yet again, I keep watching for people like Annie Duke, George Takei, Trace Adkins, Sharon Osbourne, John Rich, Lil John, and Mark McGrath to name a few.
    cablejockey likes this.
    "Irregardless? That's not even a real word. You're affixing the negative prefix 'ir-' to 'regardless', but, as 'regardless' is already negative, it's a logical absurdity!" ~Steve Smith

"Once I swore I would die for you, But I never meant it like this."

+ Reply to Thread