+ Reply to Thread
Page 19 of 19 FirstFirst ... 910111213141516171819
Like Tree230Likes

Thread: Celebrity Apprentice 4/8 Episode ****SPOILERS****

Re: Celebrity Apprentice 4/8 Episode ****SPOILERS****

Quote Originally Posted by cablejockey View Post
    I didn't understand what Lisa was getting at in her remarks about Dayana--she would like to see D giving birth? Creepy factor there, and L thinks D will be pregnant by the end of the week? It just sounds so odd.
    I just looked up Lisa Lampanelli and according to Wikipedia, she is of Polish-Italian descent and both those Nationalities have had their share of discrimination, so maybe there is some explanation albeit inexcusable.

Wiki also said Lisa is in support of Trump Junior's hunting excursions and encourages the killing of animals.
    Trump Jr. should take her hunting with him so the big cats can get a hearty meal.
    "The way to become boring is to say everything." Voltaire

" The greatness of a nation can be judged by the way its animals are treated. "
    Mohandas Gandhi

It's been all over the news so I don't think you gave anything away as it has nothing to do with the show.
    " I'm a Republican. I only seem liberal because I believe hurricanes are caused by high barometric pressure, not gay marriage."- Will Macavoy The Newsroom

I come from a mixed race family and when someone says or writes that they think minorities over react to comments filled with vicious racial stereotyping I can feel myself getting angry. There's a place deep inside my soul that rips itself open every time, like a wound that will not heal. The interesting thing is I am white, but my parents aren't, I was adopted. Because I am white I have had a unique experience when it comes to interacting with people who do not know me well enough to know my parents ethnic backgrounds. It hurts me deeply when these nice, everyday people make ethnic slurs or jokes because I know the cruel, deadly history and terrible weight of those words on my parents and their parents and so forth. Words that led to threats, violence and murder. I don't think someone who hasn't had any direct reference to what the words mean or to the menacing undertones the words carry historically, can comprehend the anger and hurt it provokes or the way such hate will make someone fiercely protective of and loyal to their ethnic heritage. Though the use of racial slurs gets confusing when an ethnic group chooses to use those words to describe themselves, that is a separate, complex issue. But, I can tell you, I admire and support the dignified way Dayana chose to respond to Lisa's proudly racist, proudly ignorant and proudly abusive comments about Dayana's ethnicity. It is a big deal to have your entire race, culture and intellect mocked. Certainly there is universal humor in cultural differences, but that is not the same as viciously perpetrating a stereotype that you know some people believe to be true despite contrary evidence. I will always defend my parents and I hope to always do it as gracefully as they have taught me to do it and as gracefully as Dayana did.
    cablejockey and ness like this.
    " I'm a Republican. I only seem liberal because I believe hurricanes are caused by high barometric pressure, not gay marriage."- Will Macavoy The Newsroom

+ Reply to Thread