+ Reply to Thread
Page 15 of 19 FirstFirst ... 5678910111213141516171819 LastLast
Like Tree230Likes

Thread: Celebrity Apprentice 4/8 Episode ****SPOILERS****

Re: Celebrity Apprentice 4/8 Episode ****SPOILERS****

Quote Originally Posted by JohnnyK View Post
    "Nobody calls Lou Ferrigno a f%$& loser." "If you were a man I'd throw you out the window before you could even blink."

Arrogant comments like that are what made Lou look like a jackass. And of course the constant "110%". Especially since he hardly has anything to back his ego up.

Next week should be better now.
    First one is justified anger - how would YOU like to be called that in any situation? (I seriously think even the sweeter contestants such as George Takai and Dayana wouldn't have taken that one sitting down).

Second one I think is what ended up being his downfall. Too bad he didn't pick up on the fact that all of Lisa's ideas (or just about) lead to failures. I really do think Trump gave him a chance and he blew it with a lot of his comments.

The 110% didn't bother me save the cliche effect. Quite a few people use it.
    spockwhat likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Ellen View Post
    When the cameras started focusing in on whatever Lou's face was doing in the boardroom, I was fully expecting him to turn green and bust out of his clothes.

Anyway, I hate how Lou always falls back on using his hearing challenges as an excuse. My husband is HOH, doesn't have access to anywhere near the resources that Lou does, wears a not-state-of-the-art hearing aid (just one that we can afford, as it's not covered by our HMO) — yet he works hard, always goes above and beyond, and tactfully helps people to communicate effectively with him when they're either ignorant or need reminders. And even when things get frustrating, especially at work, he never turns into a whiny big baby nor makes excuses.
    True, but hard of hearing and deafness DID cause some major issues last season with Gary Busey - if it weren't for the show, it might not have even been noticed. So there is the partial issue with it, but no, not the total.
    Srsly likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Debb70 View Post
    Does anyone know who the project managers will be next week?

They are Paul and Lisa.

truthfully I had no issues with what Lou said to Lisa. If she was a woman I would probably toss her ignorant behind off a short pier. Lisa is not a woman, she's not funny she is a cyborg, actually I don't want to insult borgs. Lisa is very unhappy and jealous woman.
    spockwhat and french dip like this.
    Injustice anywhere is a threat to justice everywhere.
    Martin Luther King, Jr.

Premium Member Yeti Long Shot: Porpoheus Champion

Although I don't agree with most of the comments and opinions relating to Lisa, I do have one question. If she is the one who does all the writing and creative on the projects (which everyone who has worked with her on the show agrees), and I think last night they said she was 7 for 9 on the losing teams (sorry if my numbers are wrong). Everyone on both teams seem to enjoy jumping on that in the boardroom, but I haven't seen anyone call her on it when there is work to be done. It seems like they let (encourage) her do all the work, then complain about it later. I say you can't have it both ways! If you don't like her work, call her on it before it even starts - or even try doing some of it - but I guess it's easier to throw her under the bus in the case her ideas don't end up being golden (which, obviously is most often the case).
    Ellen, Kip and Rattus like this.

Quote Originally Posted by J.D. View Post
    Although I don't agree with most of the comments and opinions relating to Lisa, I do have one question. If she is the one who does all the writing and creative on the projects (which everyone who has worked with her on the show agrees), and I think last night they said she was 7 for 9 on the losing teams (sorry if my numbers are wrong). Everyone on both teams seem to enjoy jumping on that in the boardroom, but I haven't seen anyone call her on it when there is work to be done. It seems like they let (encourage) her do all the work, then complain about it later. I say you can't have it both ways! If you don't like her work, call her on it before it even starts - or even try doing some of it - but I guess it's easier to throw her under the bus in the case her ideas don't end up being golden (which, obviously is most often the case).
    Its edited, maybe they have called her on it.
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

Quote Originally Posted by navybelle View Post
    Lou's mouth twitchy thing bugs me. Ivanka really got him, too - she said he doesn't make sense w/his arguments. Please leave, Lou!!
    Lou has so many "tells" as they say in Poker....his twitches, facial features are very apparent...so is his body language.

Quote Originally Posted by Tilden View Post
    Lisa really bugs me, because she gives the impression that a woman has to be loud and obnoxious to be strong, which isn't true at all.
    Ironically, Lisa acts like a man but then falls back into being a woman, and saying that no one should ever physically threaten a "woman."

Quote Originally Posted by mushybrain View Post
    The good news is . . . Lou is gone! Goodbye, Lou! Since it was pretty obvious that Lisa wasn't getting fired, I was happy it was Lou.
    Let me also rejoice in Lou's Farewell....And I mean that 110%!

Loved what Ivanka said to Aubrey! It appeared as though in the beginning, Aubrey thought she was going to say lots of good things about her....but that sure didn't happen.
    mushybrain likes this.

chavy chaf chaf Asteroids Champion, Bejeweled 2 Champion, GalaGalaGa Champion, Add It Up Champion, Beat The Meter Champion, Bejeweled® 2 Action Champion, Little Protectors Champion spockwhat's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by J.D. View Post
    At the start of each task, Lisa simply takes over. We've seen her simply ignore others ideas right from the start in favour of he own or Aubreys. She writes, so she takes over. We haven't actually seen ANYone jump on Lisa for being a consistant loser in or out of the boardroom, so it's the opposite. I think Patricia or Dayana mentioned it once, but they were meek. No 'jump on' or 'throwing under the bus', at all!
    I think they actually think she does have good ideas, but aren't really thinking of those ideas as losers because quite often the losses were 'close'. They need to realize she's a dud and take appropriate action. In other words, they need to do what you are accusing them of... throw her under the bus. She loses task after task, and then crows about how great she is and how she is the most safe of the group. WEIRD.
    Last edited by spockwhat; 04-10-2012 at 12:04 PM.

To the Point

Quote Originally Posted by Shoepie View Post
    I was at a loss for words. Okay, not mentally challenged. Insert something softer like not that sharp or on the ball. I didn't mean to imply he had brain damage. He is not on a level playing field.
    I totally got where you were going. I have felt the same way, and I in no way felt that it was related to/because of/as a result of his hearing loss. There is definitely some kind of disconnect where he is concerned. He played the game in an underhanded manner but that had nothing to do with my thoughts either. I was just always floored with his suggestions and his seemingly sincere annoyance with his suggestions not being used. He seemed to really be delusional when it came to his fame and how that plays today. He was fixated on being front and center because he could carry any task based on his celebrity. It was just weird. And again, I never thought it had anything to do with his hearing deficit. I grew up with family friends (a couple families actually) who had deaf family members. I understand what differences that can make. That isn't what I saw in my opinion.
    Last edited by NCLurker; 04-10-2012 at 12:23 PM.

I'm probably the only one here that didn't have a problem with Lou...until this episode.
    He made an ass of himself in the board room & at that point, I was like "time for you to go!" I can't stand Lisa & hope she's next.
    I also can't stand Trump! He's such a pot-stirrer & he asks questions for the sole intent of causing discord. I know it's a ploy for "good TV" but IMO, it makes him look like a bigger jackass than I already thought he was. I like that Dayana told him she didn't want to answer his question because there was no need to cause drama if they end up winning the challenge (which ended up not mattering, but still glad she said it).
    Artificial intelligence is no match for natural stupidity.

+ Reply to Thread