+ Reply to Thread
Page 9 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567891011 LastLast
Like Tree108Likes

Thread: Celebrity Apprentice 3/18/2012 episode 5 - I'M GOING TO MOP THE FLOOR WITH YOU

Re: Celebrity Apprentice 3/18/2012 episode 5 - I'M GOING TO MOP THE FLOOR WITH YOU

Quote Originally Posted by Hades View Post
    I doubt Lou flat out punched him in anger, but we've seen him use his physicality in a jocular manner to intimidate people. Like with the head twisting. He was probably using his "friendly" rough housing to get back at Penn a bit.
    Oh same here - people know him as The Incredible Hulk, and he still plays up to it from time to time.

Re: Celebrity Apprentice 3/18/2012 episode 5 - I'M GOING TO MOP THE FLOOR WITH YOU

I think the final two will be from the mens team. I say either Penn or Arsenio. I am definitely not feeling Clay or most of the other men. The womens team is weak. Aubrey is not going to be anywhere near the finale 2. Aubrey will blow this opportunity just like she did on making the band. The girl has an Ego and attitude of a diva on a beer budget. This is why Diddy fired her ignorant little butt.
    tapper01 and jucamer like this.
    Injustice anywhere is a threat to justice everywhere.
    Martin Luther King, Jr.

I like Dayana Mendoza. She's more interesting than the previous American model, Hope. She is strong and opinionated without being mean. That's some character.

She looks 10-15 years older with her hair up. Her eyes remind me a lot of Liv Tyler. She has great lips and has some really nice lipsticks. Nice to have some Latin flavor finally on this season.

Hopefully the trash-talking Sorority Girl and the New York Big Mouth will have to face each other's hissing and venom in the Finale! I see another Duke v. Rivers showdown.

Aubrey has plenty of personality but very little character. That's the problem with America today. Everyone is rewarded for speaking their mind instead of keeping quiet.

Props to Penn for taking the criticism like a man without losing his cool like a boy.
    cablejockey and Uncle David like this.
    "A lady's imagination is very rapid; it jumps from admiration to love, from love to matrimony in a moment." -- Jane Austen

Kiz

I read Penn's more recent tweets, and he's saying that Lou hit him ala locker room jock and when cameras weren't rolling. Both of them should have learned years ago that there's a time and place. Penn's defense for his string of negative comments to Lou was that was the way they talk at his comedian round table meetings, or something to that effect. I bet Lou would say that throwing a "friendly" or "unfriendly" punch was just the guys treat each other in the locker room.

I had been impressed with Penn's calm/cool demeaner in the board room when Lou went off on him a couple of weeks ago, but I didn't like the way he was talking to Lou when they were trying to come up with their big idea this week. Right now, I'm pulling for either Clay or Arsenio. Before last night, I was also liked Penn for the win.
    --------------------------------

From Penn's Tweeter Account

Someone asked Penn this question:
    why do you think that wasn't shown. And was he hitting in anger, or jokingly?

Penn answered:
    "Jokingly" to show dominance and hurt. He does it when cameras are off.

Penn also gave this reply to another tweet about the punching:
    it's all that jock high school stuff where you pretend affection and hurt people. I hate it.

Someone said:
    Lou shouldn't hit, but its YOUR responsibility 2 DEMAND from Lou 2 STOP hitting you even as a "joke" or 2 get others involved

Penn replied:
    I said I would call 911 and it stopped

(Penn saying that he would call 911 sounds like a lot more was going on than what one might call locker room antics even if unappreciated. It all seems very strange.)
    You can always count on a murderer for a fancy prose style. ~Humbert

For some reason, DirectTv had issues and we couldn't see the first 15 minutes of the show so I didn't get to see how Penn acted or what made Clay so angry.
    I think Penn is so super-intelligent that he probably comes off as condescending or know-it-all because of this. Probably over-analyzes stuff. Happens to many really really smart people. But I was gratified to see that he played the rest of the episode very low key, rather than making a big point, accusing people of being hurtful.
    I thought Clay handled it very well and I was glad and surprised that he outright confronted Penn about this issue. On another point, I don't know if it hurt or helped Clay by "coming out" but personally, I don't think anyone needs to tell the whole world what their sexual preference is. Nobody's business. JMHO

Tia never appeared very intelligent to me nor did she seem to be able to speak very well. There were times when I was surprised at how meek she appeared to everyone.
    Aubrey's tirade only emphasized her immaturity to me. To believe that an older woman would care at all about her (Aubrey) being younger is ridiculous. The good thing about getting old is that those silly notions usually don't matter anymore. I doubt Tia ever gave a thought to Aubrey being younger.

Lou did a great job dancing but he really needs to get over the fact that once he was The Hulk and also stop being on the defensive all the time. How can he have any solid relationships, when he always suspects that everyone is judging him.

I think Tia, who's cheeks look like a squirrel getting ready for a long winter, had had enough and would rather be fired than deal with these egos anymore. You need to be tough as nails for this job with these women and that's just not her style.
    I'm not pulling for any of the women....none are worth my time, far too catty and mean. I did like Patrica in the beginning but was unhappy on how she took Dayna's (sp?) side in the boardroom where it wasn't really true.
    What's up with Teresa? This is not the woman we have come to loathe in RHNJ. I hardly remember she's there.
    Aubrey needs to grow up and shut up. Seemed like all the men (and my DH) appeared to scared to death of her.

On another point, I don't know if it hurt or helped Clay by "coming out" but personally, I don't think anyone needs to tell the whole world what their sexual preference is. Nobody's business. JMHO
    Clay came out, because someone threatened to out him. It hasn't helped or hurt his career imho.I am glad he did though

(
    Penn saying that he would call 911 sounds like a lot more was going on than what one might call locker room antics even if unappreciated. It all seems very strange.)
    There is something the show is hiding, Lou should be gone soon I think.. I know I dont enjoy him.
    Last edited by Fanny Mare; 03-20-2012 at 12:22 PM.
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

FORT Fogey

I wonder -- if the men had lost the task, would we have heard about the dustup between Lou and Penn, as evidence that Lou should be fired? Seems like maybe the men were keeping that one close to the vest until they found out who won.
    This isn’t the Sound of freaking Music we’re watching.......sdl

Kiz

Quote Originally Posted by Alexxxx View Post
    I wonder -- if the men had lost the task, would we have heard about the dustup between Lou and Penn, as evidence that Lou should be fired? Seems like maybe the men were keeping that one close to the vest until they found out who won.
    That's an interesting thought, Alex. It's too bad we're only getting Penn's tweets about it, and they're a little confusing.

I can certainly understand where Penn is coming from by not wanting to be punched or whatever it was by Lou. Now he's calling it "rough affection". But how could Penn threaten to call 911 over it? I'm pretty sure the police wouldn't appreciate being called on out on an affectionate rough housing complaint. Penn seems, at best, a little wishy washy about the whole thing too.

Penn's tweets:

My family never raised their voices except in jest. My social circle doesn't do any "rough affection." I hate those things.

Not "beaten" but rough "affection" that seemed like bullying. It's a style thing, not criminal. But, I hate it.

Out of curiosity I checked out Lou's and Clay's twitter accounts, and Lou anwered someone who asked if he hit Penn. He said, "There is NO truth to this. But there is nothing but truth that Clay is a great man and a true leader." Clay probably summed it up best though: "Matter of perspective. What 1 calls a hit, another calls tough guy greeting."
    Last edited by Kiz; 03-20-2012 at 06:57 PM.
    You can always count on a murderer for a fancy prose style. ~Humbert

Urban Renewal - a new era BuckeyeAddict's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Kiz View Post
    Out of curiosity I checked out Lou's and Clay's twitter accounts, and Lou anwered someone who asked if he hit Penn. He said, "There is NO truth to this. But there is nothing but truth that Clay is a great man and a true leader." Clay probably summed it up best though: "Matter of perspective. What 1 calls a hit, another calls tough guy greeting."
    Thanks for going to the effort of checking Clay's and Lou's Twitter accounts and sharing what you found. I'm not much of a twitterer, and I was curious if anybody else had anything else to say about it.

Regardless of whether Lou was honestly "affectionately" punching Penn or pretending to (while really subliminally throwing his weight around), he needs to learn that you cannot do that to every man, regardless of their size. Just the same as you should not assume it's OK to invade the space of somebody who might not want to be hugged. However, I'm believing that Lou was throwing his weight around. It fits the personality we've seen on the show so far, and the two of them sure don't seem to be on friendly enough terms for affectionate jabs. Penn has been on Lou's bad side since the day Lou said he'd be one of the guys he'd return to the boardroom with.

The next question is, when did the hits occur? Before Penn shot down all Lou's ideas, or after? It might explain the actions of one or the other, although neither was justified.

To the Point

Quote Originally Posted by jadewarlock View Post
    Lou is also mostly deaf due to I believe an ear issue and/or an accident as a child. He was able to hear as a child, unlike say Marlee Matlin. Because he can hear it allows him to talk normally but with the obvious tonal issues related to deafness, some people I feel think that he is mentally handicapped. This might've been the case as a child - being teased as being "stupid" but it's voice and not really mind. That may factor in with a lot of the emotional issues - I have had similar (my case withdraw in myself) when dealing with "bullies" (real or imagined).

I can see him taking credit for the win because he realized he was the one who chose to do the dance and be stupid. It really was the smart decision regardless, but I think it was his way of saying "win or lose it's my fault and I'll take the fall."

Lou to me is no different than Gary Busey or Meat Loaf - both whom we saw had issues and said as much. I feel it's a bit like Mondo on "PR" - he has had a rough life some way or another earlier in his life and feels that he needs to keep proving himself. This unfortunately leads to ego problems and strife on teams.

I think he - like Penn and his issues - can work through them to help their charities though.
    I really don't think what I'm "seeing" can be directly attributed to being deaf, but then again, we are all the product of our lives to this point, so perhaps it is.

+ Reply to Thread