+ Reply to Thread
Page 9 of 12 FirstFirst 123456789101112 LastLast
Like Tree149Likes

Thread: Celebrity Apprentice 2/26 episode

Kiz

Re: Celebrity Apprentice 2/26 episode

Quote Originally Posted by bachelorwatcher View Post
    Lou Ferrigno said that he 'came from nothing.' I looked up his bio and found out that his father was a police lieutenant... so it's not as if Lou grew up in a slum.
    That is interesting and curious. I wonder if he felt he was "nothing". After reading your post, I did a quick search on Lou's early life and found this article.

The My Hero Project - Lou Ferrigno

Lou was born on November 9, 1951, in Brooklyn, New York. Lou suffered an ear infection, which was not treated well. He lost 85% of his hearing ability, which caused him to become deaf. At school or other places he was called “dumb Louie” as a kid. During his childhood many people would pick on Lou, and he went through merciless taunts and beatings. Lou was upset because he knew that he was mostly deaf, but this did not lead him to live a disadvantaged life.
    Lisa Lampanelli tweeted this: “Lou isn’t deaf. His ears are just stupider than the rest of him.” .. <-- that is supposed to be funny?! I sort of recognized her but had never seen her act or knew her name. I hope she crawls back under the rock she came from, that is, if the rock will have her. She must have her fans, but I don't get that kind of humor.
    You can always count on a murderer for a fancy prose style. ~Humbert

Boooooo Lisa! There's "bad funny" and then there's just "bad"
    cablejockey, ness, Allie and 1 others like this.
    To return evil for good is devilish; to return good for good is human; to return good for evil is Divine - Alistair Begg

I dont know Lisa at all.I just know she has a big mouth, now I can add dumb to her name. She's not funny .
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

FORT Fogey

People such as Lou, from middle-class backgrounds, can have a variety of problems, but he didn't come 'from nothing.'
    Shoepie likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by bachelorwatcher View Post
    People such as Lou, from middle-class backgrounds, can have a variety of problems, but he didn't come 'from nothing.'
    Maybe from the people he's been around in his adult life (i.e., television/movie types) that's the way it seems from his perspective. A police lieutenant doesn't make that much money - lower middle to middle class maybe? Middle class is a life of constant struggle to maintain, but you get little assistance if any.
    ness and Fanny Mare like this.
    To return evil for good is devilish; to return good for good is human; to return good for evil is Divine - Alistair Begg

Quote Originally Posted by harleyswife View Post
    So NeNe was originally on this one too? I must've missed it. Anyway, Can't stand Lisa. Hope she gets fired next. Lou went way overboard. What's he gonna do next time, turn into the hulk and kill everybody? LOL!
    Nene was on last season and quit in the middle....

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

Because, other than being a towering bully, she was not equipped to deal with her castmates and compete. She had no one to ask for donations, as I recall, and I am sure she was embarrassed.
    ness, Shoepie, Bunny555 and 2 others like this.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

Quote Originally Posted by prhoshay View Post
    Because, other than being a towering bully, she was not equipped to deal with her castmates and compete. She had no one to ask for donations, as I recall, and I am sure she was embarrassed.
    I had her on mute most of the time.
    ness likes this.
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

Quote Originally Posted by Kiz View Post
    I sort of recognized her but had never seen her act or knew her name. I hope she crawls back under the rock she came from, that is, if the rock will have her. She must have her fans, but I don't get that kind of humor.
    I think Lisa's main gig is participating in and hosting "Roasts"... The kind of humor that is really cutting and personal, tasteless & tacky stuff... I've seen her doing a lot of them and she is really good at those things because she is so hateful.

I had never heard of Lisa before this show either...but last week (?) I saw her on Bethanny's show as a friend. They had lunch together and she seemed perfectly nice there...albeit a little tasteless in some of her statements, to me personally. So I think when watching Celeb Apprentice as PM, I felt she was over the top in her anger but that was all. I usually like sarcastic humor...probably because I'm guilty of it also.
    Now, after reading that comment about Lou's hearing impairment, my opinion of her has definitely changed...for the worse. Sorry, but sometimes trying to be funny at the expense of someone else (and as something that obviously still bothers Lou a lot) is inexcusable. It's fine at a celebrity roast, it's expected but this was uncalled for.
    ness and Kiz like this.

+ Reply to Thread