+ Reply to Thread
Page 9 of 12 FirstFirst 123456789101112 LastLast

Thread: 4/24 Show discussion thread ****spoilers***

Re: 4/24 Show discussion thread ****spoilers***

Quote Originally Posted by navybelle View Post
    Awww.. not fair again! LaToya being sent home had nothing to do with this task. I don't like how sometimes he goes by who lost the task, and sometimes he doesn't. It bothers me.

LaToya is a very strong woman. And she hit the nail on the head about Star being manipulative.

When Nene and Star were talking on their way out, I could tell Star was very aware of the camera being there and that's probably why she said it's a good lesson for her to learn. Ya, right, Star. I almost laughed when I saw the previews and Nene going after her - her smug smile - yuck!

Notice also how he asked Marlee who he should fire, and she was the first to say Latoya - just like she was the one who told him he should fire Hatch. There's something about Marlee --- I thought Starr had this in the bag, I'm thinking it's Marlee.
    “No matter how dark the moment, love and hope are always possible.” George Chakiris

Believe nothing that you hear and only half of what you see. :nono

Quote Originally Posted by MHcarrollton View Post
    The second executive reminded me of one of the judges from Top Chef a lot. I did not hear where he was from so I have no idea if he is the same guy, or just looks and sounds like him.
    It was the guy from Top Chef, and personally I can't stand him. He's so superior and prissy.

Quote Originally Posted by Tilden View Post
    John Rich is going to win this season, isn't he? He is only good at contributing jingles and that country attitude. He offers absolutely nothing else. But if Bret Michaels can win, anyone can. He seems to be getting a great edit too.

I'm not a country music fan--I couldn't name a John Rich tune if you paid me--but I don't think it's fair to say all he's contributed is jingles and that country attitude. In earlier tasks, when Jose Canseco sat around doing nothing, John was moving big pieces of equipment that weighed nearly as much as he did. He also helped to diffuse the huge fight between Gary and Meatloaf and got everyone else back on task. He has a huge base on whom he can draw for fundraising tasks; though the women have won those tasks thus far, without him, the men would have been much further behind. Last night he stepped up as PM when no one else wanted to take on the task, and he wrote copy that didn't sound like a country jingle at all. If the men's presentation wasn't that good, it was still declared the winner over the women's.

I'd say he and Lil' John have been the strongest competitors on the men's team, possibly the two strongest competitors overall. And I couldn't name a Lil' John song either.
    Save A horse, Ride a cowboy.....

I definitely see JR in the F2 - would love to see him win.
    “No matter how dark the moment, love and hope are always possible.” George Chakiris

Quote Originally Posted by Gina28 View Post
    This show lost credibility and turned into a comedy this year, and it's not even funny anymore. How can Meatloaf and NeNe still be on this show, with some really intelligent folks 'fired'?? LaToya should be there, NeNe should have been fired. MeatLoaf should have been fired and not Mark McGrath. Star Jones is a backstabbing biotch who tries to come across with class, and she'a fake. NeNe has no class and doesn't try to hide that fact. Ridiculous.

At least Busey had an motorcycle wreck which caused some brain damage, but ML is a lunatic and way worse, and he's just stooooopid! That butler picture was the most awful idea ever. John Rich was right, the guy looked dead in the picture and it looked like an ad for a funeral parlor.

There is not a standout this season as in past seasons. At least Bret Michaels deserved the win and had some tough competition. Joan Rivers was pretty smart the season before that, but this season just sucks. jmo
    Latoya was useless unless it had to do with sales - but she was not the reason they lost this task - Starr should have been fired.

If Gary had been fired when he should have been, Hatch and McGrath would have gone farther. Trump didn't care that Busey was messing up the men's team - but he fires Latoya for being a 'weak link' - and he even gave Starr Hope as an out. I think that's what will bite Starr in the butt.

Donald Trump: 'Great relationship with the blacks' - On Politics: Covering the US Congress, Governors, and the 2010 Election - USATODAY.com

I mentioned that Trump was racist becuase of this flap, not that he has a lot of people of different color this season. He is old school racist and sexist

I need a little more to go on before I go ahead and call him racist, but I will certainly say he's racially insensitive. (didn't read that article but I posted one earlier that probably references the same quote).

Now the sexist thing-I'll give you that one hands down.
    "Worrying does not take away tomorrow's troubles, it takes away today's peace".

-Unknown Author-

FORT Regular

Quote Originally Posted by daystar View Post
    Star Jones has THE worst reputation for being classless. The View gals said when she was on the show, she would take anything that wasn't nailed down and off she'd go in her limo. Electronics, FOOD, cosmetics, anything she could get her hands on. She loves the life
    of luxury, she does NOT love paying for it. I'm sure she tries to
    trade on her career to get all kinds of perks.

Her ego is so inflated, IT weighs 400 pounds all by itself. I really
    wanted her gone tonight, but at least she was taken down a few
    pegs for her pathetic "concept", lol.
    From a Dec.19, 2006 People magazine interview with Star Jones (Reynolds):
    "During her tenure on The View, Reynolds developed a reputation for engaging in shameless self-promotion and wanting free products – particularly during her over-the-top wedding to Al Reynolds in November 2004".

Jones' big break came as legal analyst for first NBC and then Inside Edition during the O.J. Simpson trial. I didn't understand what people saw in her because I could not believe some her truly stupid "insights" and analyses. She always struck me as one those cunning, manipulative types that are incapable of creative, original, intellectual thinking.

She was a bad project manager-immediately declaring the concept and assignments without allowing input. Then there was poor time management in not allowing enough time for the photo shoots. There were also the cluttered unimaginative brochure and the endless string of adjectives presentation for which she had control.

There should have been no question about firing her but Trump wants her around for the ratings and Latoya, to give her credit, was the only one willing to go after her.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by anders332 View Post
    Notice also how he asked Marlee who he should fire, and she was the first to say Latoya - just like she was the one who told him he should fire Hatch. There's something about Marlee --- I thought Starr had this in the bag, I'm thinking it's Marlee.
    Yeah, I noticed that and have said from the start that Marlee will be in the finals. He treasures his Hollywood connections and loves making new ones.

We may have missed some boardroom discussion. It appeared that the focus shifted from who was responsible for the loss to who is the weakest on the team. This may have come about due to both teams failing miserably and blame became a moot point. Instead Trump made the move to zero in on the weakest link. He acutally called out the playboy model; all leaped to defend her. That is what made me think that he was looking to get the weak out and editing missed that.

not sure if this is the proper thing to say in this thread so I'm going to put it in spoiler tags:

Click to see Spoiler:
    Apparently Marlee referred to Trump has her 'boss' at his roast; Starr has also said publically she would not vote for Trump. Starr also said (read on another board this morning) her total fundraising winnings didn't surpass John Rich or Marlee, and with the final task normally being a fundraising task, I can't imagine Starr not going to her hugest contributors and getting them to unload their wallets. May be nothing, may be something - but it sure sounds like Starr isn't in the running for the title of CA

FORT Fogey

anders, I don't think spoiler tags are necessary. They are told to only talk about what is current in the show. Starrs comment was about how much she raised on that first task compared to what John and Marlee brought in on another task. And as far as Marlee saying Trump was her boss at the roast. He is considered eveyones boss during the show. He fires them! That is a boss job.

+ Reply to Thread