+ Reply to Thread
Page 9 of 14 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314 LastLast

Thread: 4/03 Show discussion thread **spoilers**

Re: 4/03 Show discussion thread **spoilers**

I can't stand Hatch and I'm glad he's gone, but I seriously don't think he would have lasted much longer anyway. At least one of the tasks and generally the final task is fundraising. How far can a reality star go? That also makes me wonder about Nene and Holly. Even Nene said last night that her friends didn't have that kind of money!

I am a huge country music fan and I've always been happy to see a country artist on CA. Trace Adkins was amazing to watch and I was pulling for him till the end, but Clint Black was an embarrassment to the country music community. "Sorry Honey, it was a small load of laundry, I took care of it myself...?" I've never been a fan of Big & Rich's music, but I'm becoming a HUGE John Rich fan. The guy is smart, talented, personable, business savvy, and isn't afraid to take risks. He has surprised me since Day 1 in his skills, and I am pulling for him to take this whole thing.

As for his guitar getting top dollar, I agree with the poster who pointed out that it wasn't the guitar that was sold as much as John and his charity being supported. Even if the only thing left on that wall was Naked Survivor Winner's fingerpainting, they would have paid $470k for it because they supported John Rich.

And in my opinion, Gary Busey is a lot smarter than he's letting on. If he was a loose cannon he would have flipped out when Meat Loaf was having his meltdown. Gary remained calm and didn't once cross the line. Mark and John weren't keeping Gary and Meat apart as much as keeping Meat from getting to Gary. There wouldn't have been a fight, I don't think Gary would have fought him. I think Gary knows that the way he's acting is good TV and he's looked at as the underdog, and he might just surprise everyone and turn it on when it's needed. That just might slap Star back a few steps.

My prediction for Final 3 is John Rich, Star and Lil' Jon, with John Rich taking home the prize.

Quote Originally Posted by deedreamer View Post
    Perhaps emotion is not appropriate in a normal interpreter setting but this incident was out of the ordinary and I think he was just so happy for Marlee knowing that she had done so well and that it meant so much to her. He got sentimental. I think she told him to stop because seeing him cry made her cry more too. He might be an interpreter but he is human too and has been with her for many years. It would be hard for him not to show emotions sometimes.
    In the past, I've seen him react in a similar way to Marlee when he's interpreted for her, all emotions, in a way to give weight to her words. I've heard it a few times in the one-on-one interviews as well.

He's been her interpreter for a long time, so I would be surprised if she said "stop" because he wasn't doing his job or being unprofessional. I think it's this latter, that it was him crying that made her cry more so she was asking him to stop so she didn't get too emotional.

Now... if he did it all the time I would be worried yes, but I can see when you make nearly $1 million in a fundraising task being emotional.

Quote Originally Posted by KeepItReal View Post
    IMO the guitar got more than the t shirt for a couple of reasons. The dreaded $99,000 limit (and the strange decision not to ask those donors to use more than 1 card and split the tab on larger donations).
    Thank you! I was wondering about this at the time too - why did this "limit" come up over and over w/the women and not the men's team? It was strange that they didn't have people use additional cards. I realize the women probably got a LOT more donations by credit card than the men, who seemed to receive many in-person donations, but that limit just sounded strange to me too. I kept wondering why they weren't trying to figure out a way around it.

I also thought it was very cool that Trump pitched in the extra 14K to make it an even million.

I see Lil Jon as a contender too, as others have said. I'd like to see him make the final three with Marlee and John Rich. And I can't wait for Star to get the boot!! Please let it be soon.

Quote Originally Posted by shoepie View Post
    In Star's defense, she already called on many of her big doners for her first task as PM which they won by a landslide. She is smart so probably has more to call wise to hold back. She saw that Marlee was going to make a bundle so she stayed out of any fray and did the bookwork that someone had to do. She also kissed Marlee's ass, big time.

LaToya is irritating and acts like a child. I will venture to say that Nene's friendship with LaToya, after it wrapped, is a self serving gesture to aquire good friends in high places. I saw LaToya interviewed on Joy Beher before the show aired. Joy didnt know what to do with her and she is rarely at a loss for direction. LaToya appeared stupid and flaky and was unable to give her a crumb or intelligent sentence about the show and she was there to promote it! I see her being this way on the show. Her fake eye problem and giving up the T-shirt were two questionable moves. I doubt that T-shirt is one of 2 and I doubt she carries it with her wherever she goes. It was in her purse! Come on!

I can easily see the final 3 as Star, Marlee and John Rich. Who will be the final 2 is hard to call though the smart money is on Star being out. This only because Trump wants to hand the prize to a bigger name.
    I find Latoya to be smart, focused, well-mannered, well spoken, hardworking and creative. I came into this with the idea that she was going to be a loopy, useless weirdo. Quite the opposite has occurred, imo. I don't see any evidence of her being childish. I see it in some of the other women, but not Latoya. I'm also impressed that she stands up for herself in such an articulate way without resorting to cattiness or insults. I dare say she is behaving quite classy so far, which can't be said for everyone. It's amazing how audiences watch the same show and come away with such opposing viewpoints.
    " I'm a Republican. I only seem liberal because I believe hurricanes are caused by high barometric pressure, not gay marriage."- Will Macavoy The Newsroom

Quote Originally Posted by navybelle View Post
    "Damn, Richard, that's a gay-ass hat!" Oh, Lil Jon!! LOL
    1.- Ok, this is really, just me wanting to know info for an older woman (me).
    I get confused about what a person can say and what they can't say. I have no agenda here. I'm just trying to know how to live in today's society. Why is it ok to say "gay-ass" but earlier I got told that I was rude to say "transvestite." How am I supposed to know what to say or not? I don't know what words are ok or not anymore. I'm confused!

2. - I agreed with Marlee re firing someone on the men's team. It's not the time nor place to act all sentimental and kindhearted, and "girly." It's a contest. Period. Do what you have to do to win, without being unkind or unfair.

3. - I'm willing to grant Gary some leeway on his behavior because of his brain damage but I'm also willing to grant the same to LaToya who is tentative, passive and not a dynamo personality type. He tries his best. She tries her best and neither bad-mouths anyone else...for any reason.
    Unlike Hatch did to Conseco. Why voice something negative about another when you have no idea what's true, Jerk-Hatch??

4. - Meatloaf, I love you and your music but you've got some nasty demons inside that are battling with your good side. I think the good side will win in the long run.

5. - John Rich is amazing. Had never heard of him but am impressed.
    Except that's not the kind of glue anyone would sniff or else it'd be behind locked cabinets.

6. - What was up with Trump trying to get sympathy for Hatch spending time in jail??
    ?????
    I thought it was -you do the crime, you do the time. Why would anyone take pity on him for being punished?? We all pay our taxes whether we want to or not. Darn it.

FORT Fogey

Star was on Joy Behar last night. wow. Joy does not like her and that showed between the lines. Star has written a book about the view but has thinly disguised the characters. Joy announced that she had not read the book and this irritated Star since she was there to promote it. They also talked a llittle about the apprentice. Star is an abrasive woman, not that we dont know this by watching her but she had an edge last night and some was directed at Joy. thru a phony smile and hearty laughing. She said that Joy did not have any contact with her after she left, not an email, note or call. She was angry about this. The last year Star was on the view there was a lot of tension and rancor.

She considers Marlee a friend. She has nothing to do with any of the others.

Trump is going to see her clearly and she will get fired when her team turns on her in the board room, absolutely. He does not like this kind of woman or personality in business.

I haven't noticed much with Lil John but I will pay more attention now that several have said they think he will make the finals.

Quote Originally Posted by redsox girl View Post

I find Latoya to be smart, focused, well-mannered, well spoken, hardworking and creative. I came into this with the idea that she was going to be a loopy, useless weirdo. Quite the opposite has occurred, imo. I don't see any evidence of her being childish. I see it in some of the other women, but not Latoya. I'm also impressed that she stands up for herself in such an articulate way without resorting to cattiness or insults. I dare say she is behaving quite classy so far, which can't be said for everyone. It's amazing how audiences watch the same show and come away with such opposing viewpoints.
    I totally agree! I've been pleasantly surprised by her. I also cannot recall any of her confessionals where she's badmouthed a teammate. She's not a "go for the jugular" type but she surely defends herself when necessary. I like her and hope that she's at the very least one of the last women standing.

By the way, I also like Lil Jon. I agree he can also go a very long way.
    "Worrying does not take away tomorrow's troubles, it takes away today's peace".

-Unknown Author-

In the grand scheme of things neither Hatch nor Busey is winning this show, but Trump allowing the women to remain in the room and have input on who should be fired goes beyond ‘business’. I’ve been thinking Starr has this in the bag, but I wonder if it actually MM who has it in the bag. I’d really like to see a JR win.

Trump not asking Busey and Hatch “why shouldn’t I fire you” was wrong. MM played strategically, and very well could be a move that Trump respected and ultimately gave her the top spot this season.

I would be pleasantly surprised to see Marlee and John Rich F2.
    ďNo matter how dark the moment, love and hope are always possible.Ē George Chakiris

Believe nothing that you hear and only half of what you see. :nono

Urban Renewal - a new era BuckeyeAddict's Avatar

I donít know what it says about how much I watch TV, but I was already pretty familiar with John Rich and LaToya on other reality shows, and I had come to the same conclusion many are coming to now. On CA, they are both very much like they were on the other shows.

John Rich had his own reality show, Gone Country, which lasted 2 or 3 seasons. He took D-list celebs and/or has-been singers (like Bobby Brown, Maureen McCormick, Justin Guarini, Dee Snyder) and worked on grooming them to become the next big country star. I canít say if any one of them ever did record anything. I am not a country fan at all, and had no other exposure to JR, but I was VERY impressed by him. He appears to be a hard-working, no-nonsense kind of guy. He always called it like he saw it and was never shy about saying what needed to be said.

LaToya was on a show called Armed & Famous, in which D-list celebs (which included Eric Estrada) acted as police recruits in a small town in Indiana. They wore the uniform, got training and went on runs. I read that the town got a lot of grief over participating in it. And I donít think the show even got to finish airing. I thought it was entertaining. In any case, I was very surprised at how seriously LaToya took her job, and she never wimped out from anything she had to do. Or at least not that was shown. She didnít seem to be afraid to get her hands dirty. (Unlike Star who didnít even want to get paint on her hands).

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by anders332 View Post
    ..... Trump allowing the women to remain in the room and have input on who should be fired goes beyond Ďbusinessí.
    He owns the company and he can get feedback from anyone, anytime he chooses. AND this is a TV show designed to entertain.

+ Reply to Thread