+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: 3/27 Show discussion thread **spoilers**

Re: 3/27 Show discussion thread **spoilers**

I think it's interesting that no one has come to the defense of Dionne. Not that there's much to be said in her defense. She acted as if the whole thing was completely beneath her.
    Glad she's gone.

I'd like to see Marley win, but I doubt that will happen.

FORT Regular

Quote Originally Posted by jadewarlock View Post
    The men's - it was funny and the like; however, in an American market it would not be well-received by a majority of the public because of the gay punchline.
    I'd find it hard to believe if the facts actually backed up that statement, even taken w/o regard to the avg age, education, etc. of the target market... I mean, if anyone were to be offended by it, it seems to me like it'd be the GLBT community. Who else would be offended by Jose Canseco's parody of a gay person? I mean, we are in the 21st century now, after all....

I am glad that Dionne got the boot and now she can just "Walk on by" and not let the door hit her in the rear on the way out.! what a bag of wind she turned out to be!
    Injustice anywhere is a threat to justice everywhere.
    Martin Luther King, Jr.

Quote Originally Posted by MsDiva2007 View Post
    I am glad that Dionne got the boot and now she can just "Walk on by" and not let the door hit her in the rear on the way out.! what a bag of wind she turned out to be!
    And I Say a Little Prayer that she Knows the Way to San Jose!

Quote Originally Posted by Dragonlady View Post
    And I Say a Little Prayer that she Knows the Way to San Jose!
    Cuz that's what friends are for!
    Put on your big girl panties and deal with it!!

Quote Originally Posted by Darkhosis View Post
    I'd find it hard to believe if the facts actually backed up that statement, even taken w/o regard to the avg age, education, etc. of the target market... I mean, if anyone were to be offended by it, it seems to me like it'd be the GLBT community. Who else would be offended by Jose Canseco's parody of a gay person? I mean, we are in the 21st century now, after all....
    Given that I see people of all races, backgrounds, religions, sexual preferences and the like being offended at the slightest transgression, one would have to say that I made a decent observation.

Meaning - who would be offended? - the gays, some people for even having to watch it because they do not believe in homosexuality, and a few others that I'd mention but am in need to go to bed, would also be offended.

And lately I've seen an upsurge of attending stores and restaurants who the homosexual society has attacked for having a simple opinion.

It's an honest observation - now, do I think it's funny? - Yeah, given the irony of the situation.

But given our general public right now and the opinions? - no, I don't think it'd be as well-received.

Quote Originally Posted by shoepie View Post
    [NeNe's tears were curious. One is driven to tears because something has hit them on a deep personal level. It had nothing to do with what LaToya said. LaToya jumped in when Trump questioned NeNe and gave some ridiculous story about NeNe's charity being close to her heart and she wanted desperately to win for the abused. I cry foul no that one. NeNe only went to her own background when Trump asked. NeNe went with LaToyas story so as not to have to divulge the real reason for her tears. Perhaps NeNe realized she wasn't going to win and she was invested in being a shining star on this task. Or she feared losing because of a social aspect that involved her position in her charity in real life. Whatever the reason something was effecting her personally.
    Not that I know any better as to why NeNe was crying than NeNe herself, but I interpretted it as her being afraid they were about to lose the task. Trump told them up front it was close, very close, and both ads were very good.

She probably thought they had it, then he started praising Backbone and she started to realize maybe they didn't have the win - and as PM she knew her butt would be on the line - 2 losses for the women, both PMs were fired. She escaped because Dionne wanted to go home.

Something I haven't taken note of, but wish I had - since Trump has been shaking it up this season by chatting up the teams prior to announcing the win - is there a pattern in who he speaks to first, and is there a pattern in announcing the results - for example, when it's a fundraiser, are the amounts revealed, loser first, winner second?? or vice versa. Is there a pattern, and if so, what is it.
    “No matter how dark the moment, love and hope are always possible.” George Chakiris

Believe nothing that you hear and only half of what you see. :nono

FORT Regular

I thought Nene may have been crying as a response to being stressed about the delayed reveal. When you're so anxious to know whether you won or lost and they draw it out so much in the boardroom to build suspense, the pressure can be hard to deal with. I would think it's even worse than on Dancing With the Stars when they have long pauses and dramatic music and lights.

definitely newshound - they seemed to drag it out forever this week before revealing the winner - I'm all for more boardroom and less task footage, but that's gotta be rough waiting to find out. I wonder if they showed each other the ads and we just didn't get to see it. I thought they would.
    “No matter how dark the moment, love and hope are always possible.” George Chakiris

Believe nothing that you hear and only half of what you see. :nono

Shoepie

Quote Originally Posted by anders332 View Post
    Not that I know any better as to why NeNe was crying than NeNe herself, but I interpretted it as her being afraid they were about to lose the task. Trump told them up front it was close, very close, and both ads were very good. She probably thought they had it, then he started praising Backbone and she started to realize maybe they didn't have the win - and as PM she knew her butt would be on the line - 2 losses for the women, both PMs were fired. She escaped because Dionne wanted to go home.

Something I haven't taken note of, but wish I had - since Trump has been shaking it up this season by chatting up the teams prior to announcing the win - is there a pattern in who he speaks to first, and is there a pattern in announcing the results - for example, when it's a fundraiser, are the amounts revealed, loser first, winner second?? or vice versa. Is there a pattern, and if so, what is it.
    Yes, I totally agree with you and that is what I said, probably not clearly. I added that the win hit her much more deeply than wanting the money for her charity. Personally, she wanted the success and that is the root of the tears. If this were just a game show to her, no big deal. Just musing that tears usually happen when there is much more at stake and it is usually something very close to the bone.

Trump started questioning both teams before the win is announced last year and perhaps a season or two before. I like this. No reason to let the winning team get off totally free from strife!

I see no pattern. Not sure if I am correct but I have been looking for this.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast