+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread: 3/20 Show discussion thread **spoilers**

Re: 3/20 Show discussion thread **spoilers**

I heard a saying once: "The older you are, the more you become who you really are". I'm not sure who said it, but if the shoe fits....

Quote Originally Posted by Lucky22 View Post
    Do they make any money for their charity just by being on the show, even if they don't win the task when they're PM?
    I don't really know if they get money for just being on the show but I wouldn't be surprised if they did. I figured they were there because it gave them "face-time" in the public eye again.........a lot of them need it as they're not at their peak popularity and an opportunity to get some great donation for their charity.
    But I've heard that CA can be quite an ordeal.....probably more work, pressure than a lot of them are used to. Maybe dealing with the petty negativity, rude people, general meaness and all the hard work isn't worth it to them. Maybe they'd prefer to just make their own donation and go back to their real life.

Quote Originally Posted by BuckeyeAddict View Post
    I didn’t watch Survivor much that first season, but my husband said that that is how Richard played the game. He worked at getting under the other players’ skins to throw them off balance. I thought that was an interesting observation. I wonder if anyone on the show figured that out and tried not to let him get to them.
    I never watched the first Survivor but that's really interesting what your husband said. I could easily see Richard being consciously rude and irritating to throw people off.

Gary is rather irritating, but I was quite impressed with how good he is at coming up with acronyms for words. Maybe he had time to think them up, but it looked like he did them on the fly, and if he did, he does have some smarts!
    Gary is like an idiot savant, aka Rain Man.

Quote Originally Posted by barbh View Post
    My mom is 80. She's still sweet and wonderful to me and my sisters, but she's a lot grumpier and more prone to saying things she wouldn't say.
    I don't think you get grumpier as you age. I think you get fed up with all the bull cr@p told to you throughout your life and you no longer care about saying what you really think. Personally speaking, the older you get, the more you've seen and heard to no longer buy all the nonsense you're told.

Quote Originally Posted by RealityLovesMe View Post
    No! Nikki! One of my childhood idols is gone! Darn! Well, she did deserve to go. It was her fault they lost. She was the PM and she was supposed to do the outside area and came up with the idea for greenery last minute. She also didn't put the logo in the right places. I have no idea how they lost though. The tour Gary gave and the fact that Meatloaf didn't know there was a TV outside should have killed it for the men. I guess the atmosphere was good enough to distract from the major blunders they made. What is that saying about putting lipstick on a pig? The men put lipstick on a pig.

I'm not surprised that Lil Jon does not make eye contact with those sunglasses on.
    Brand Messaging is probably the most important thing they are judged on.

Presentation second - Latoya rocked it, but the men's overall environment was superior and JR's jingle probably helped.

I can't remember the 3rd criteria, but it was obvious Brand messaging won it for the men.

Poor Nikki - falling on the sword for her team. But I respect her for doing that, rather than bringing DW into the boardroom for no reason, since Nicki has already said it wasn't any ONE's fault for losing the task.
    “No matter how dark the moment, love and hope are always possible.” George Chakiris

Believe nothing that you hear and only half of what you see. :nono

Quote Originally Posted by dagwood View Post
    If you are right about the finale, hopefully Trump will give it to John Rich instead of Star. That woman's head doesn't need to get any bigger.
    I'll preface this by saying I know nothing as to who the F2 are, but looking at the edits, I think we're seeing a JR/Starr F2. And unless JR can come up with friends with deep pockets - Starr has this in the bag - I felt this after the first episode.

I think Trump would rather have given the win to Trace over Piers, but Trace didn't bring in the bucks. Can JR???

Quote Originally Posted by estygal4 View Post
    I don't blame Lisa and Nikki for giving up. This has to be the worst cast ever, with some of the worst "players". Just being around Dionne must be so frustrating and annoying.
    I dont think LIsa gave up - I think she was naive to believe what the ladies said when the season began - remember how she said in the boardroom that they had agreed to do the tasks and not create drama, and yet it started right in the first task. She didn't give up in the boardroom - she just wasn't going to play dirty, bad idea with Starr and Dionne in there with her.

I think for Nikki it was about getting out while the getting was good. She earned 35 grand for her charity on the pizza task, so she left with her dignity, cuz those boardrooms are going to get nastier when the women start losing.
    Last edited by anders332; 03-24-2011 at 10:41 AM.
    “No matter how dark the moment, love and hope are always possible.” George Chakiris

8/2/64 until forever! AZChristian's Avatar

I didn’t watch Survivor much that first season, but my husband said that that is how Richard played the game. He worked at getting under the other players’ skins to throw them off balance.
    He was even worse during his second appearance on Survivor. I don't think I'll ever forget how he intentionally rubbed his naked body up against Sue to "throw her off balance" both physically and emotionally. It upset her so much that she quit the game. IMHO, he should have been brought up on criminal charges for that, and should have been summarily kicked out of the game on the spot.

The fact that Trump hired him for the show (considering his tax evasion) and did not fire him for being such a major jerk during the first project really reduced my opinion of Trump, too. If that's the quality of people Trump respects, I'd never want to see him in the White House. And let's not even get started on the weekly inconsistency of his criteria for choosing who to fire.

Urban Renewal - a new era BuckeyeAddict's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by anders332 View Post
    I'll preface this by saying I know nothing as to who the F2 are, but looking at the edits, I think we're seeing a JR/Starr F2. And unless JR can come up with friends with deep pockets - Starr has this in the bag - I felt this after the first episode.

I think Trump would rather have given the win to Trace over Piers, but Trace didn't bring in the bucks. Can JR???

NOOO!!! I sure hope not! I want her to go away, not get rewarded for being such a snotty self-important diva.

Thanks for giving your two cents about the edit. Since this is my first Apprentice, I keep wondering how the edit works on this show. I'll be glad to see JR going that far, if you're right, and I'll be hoping that he does pull through.

Urban Renewal - a new era BuckeyeAddict's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by AZChristian View Post
    He was even worse during his second appearance on Survivor. I don't think I'll ever forget how he intentionally rubbed his naked body up against Sue to "throw her off balance" both physically and emotionally. It upset her so much that she quit the game. IMHO, he should have been brought up on criminal charges for that, and should have been summarily kicked out of the game on the spot.
    Aha! Another example of his tactics. His demise on this show (assuming it does happen) will be a delicious treat.

NOOO!!! I sure hope not! I want her to go away, not get rewarded for being such a snotty self-important diva.

Thanks for giving your two cents about the edit. Since this is my first Apprentice, I keep wondering how the edit works on this show. I'll be glad to see JR going that far, if you're right, and I'll be hoping that he does pull through.
    I compare JR to Trace Atkins edit - to a degree. You kind of underestimate him at first, then you see each episode how he has come up with nuggets that have helped win tasks. If he's F2, he will continue to be in the background but his ideas will play into their wins. His not full of drama, he's not in your face, but his work is highly effective. I think this holds true for CA and regular people apprentice.

Quote Originally Posted by Ellen View Post
    I'm guessing that, given the various rehabs he's been in, he's just regurgitating whatever daily affirmations he memorized in group therapy or motivational meetings or whatever.

Yeah he did the same thing when he was on Celebrity Rehab

FORT Fanatic

Alliance - nene, star, dionne, and ?

star is doing what she does best......makes people fold under pressure. with lisa she didn't have to try very hard as lisa did all her work for her, and Nicky did the smart thing and scrammed with the money she already received to be with her family.

love gary and do believe he is a genius, but a genius with a head injury.

dionne. dionne is trying to do what star is doing, but with 50 less IQ points and a self-rightous attitude that is fine-tuned to "diva". it's funny to me how everyone's so scared to say anything to her.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345