+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

Thread: 4/18 Show Discussion *Spoilers*

Re: 4/18 Show Discussion *Spoilers*

Okay - the men's first mistake was having Goldberg be PM. The second was taking Luke Bryan. Luke has had a few hits already and is more established than Emily West. Luke won newcomer at the ACM Awards tonight. I am sure Trump will try to take credit for that. I just totally didn't agree with the 3 music insiders choice of the women winning. To me - the makeover of Emily just made her look like every other female country singer. And she looked like that before too.

Quote Originally Posted by boxhill;3879959[B
    ;]I think it was Maria who made the guyliner joke.[/B]I now officially hate Holly Robinson Peete. She is odious. I simply cannot believe her sitting there with her arms crossed pouting like a 10-yr-old when Cyndi is telling Emily Holly will do her bio.

They should just let Cyndi make all the decisions and do what she says. She knows what she'd talking about. She has huge talent. They don't. End of story.
    I'm now watching on the WC. Tuned in a few minutes late, but definitely heard the guyliner joke and it was definitely Holly, not Maria.
    To Thine Own Self Be True

Quote Originally Posted by KeepItReal;3880022;

I think the women deserved that win, but that the men lost in part because their artist was so unwilling to bend.
    This is part of what I just saw, where Bret was trying to work with Luke on his bio, and he was fighting him at every word. Challenging, to be sure!

Ok I am not sure why it is fair that Sharon can take so much time off and not get the boot or grief from The Donald. It's not fair for those who have been there the whole time.
    Injustice anywhere is a threat to justice everywhere.
    Martin Luther King, Jr.

Quote Originally Posted by norealityhere;3880055;
    I'm now watching on the WC. Tuned in a few minutes late, but definitely heard the guyliner joke and it was definitely Holly, not Maria.
    Yes, it was a clever enough comment to make me wonder if Holly might not be tolerable, if she didn't have her nose up in the air and that "teacher knows better" voice going on all of the time. If she could only snark without sounding so puffed up, it would go down a lot better.

Quote Originally Posted by SweetLew;3880044;
    I missed a few weeks, what happened to Michael Johnson. It said in the beginning that he left due to family issues, shouldn't the guys get an extra person...I mean Sharon was gone for weeks and came back like nothing happened.
    To be "fair", Sharon only missed one full task, and half of the next. If Michael had missed even two full tasks, that would have been more.

And didn't Joan miss one full task and half of another last season? I seem to recall it going down somewhat like that.
    Last edited by Krom; 04-19-2010 at 02:11 AM.

"You don't rehearse Mr. T, you just turn him loose."
    -----Sylvester Stallone, on Mr. T-----

I'm disappointed that the men lost yet again. I don't really think they had a chance with Luke being so difficult to work with. I love Sharon and Cindy but Holly grates on my nerves and Maria seems to be NBC's darling as they had her on Deal or No Deal all last week. I wouldn't be surprised if she wins it all.

Quote Originally Posted by Bunny555;3880075;
    I'm disappointed that the men lost yet again. I don't really think they had a chance with Luke being so difficult to work with. I love Sharon and Cindy but Holly grates on my nerves and Maria seems to be NBC's darling as they had her on Deal or No Deal all last week. I wouldn't be surprised if she wins it all.
    Please say it isn't so.
    Maria is my least favorite person on either team.
    Not the biggest fan of Holly, but I can't seem to tolerate Maria at all, sorry.

I never knew Goldberg before this show, but I've really grown to like him.
    Last edited by norealityhere; 04-19-2010 at 03:02 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by redjdv;3880053;
    Okay - the men's first mistake was having Goldberg be PM. The second was taking Luke Bryan. Luke has had a few hits already and is more established than Emily West. Luke won newcomer at the ACM Awards tonight. I am sure Trump will try to take credit for that. I just totally didn't agree with the 3 music insiders choice of the women winning. To me - the makeover of Emily just made her look like every other female country singer. And she looked like that before too.
    I couldn't agree more. I actually made a comment during the show that I thought they made her look too much like Faith Hill.

Quote Originally Posted by brklyn825;3880080;
    I couldn't agree more. I actually made a comment during the show that I thought they made her look too much like Faith Hill.
    Yep...If you crossed Faith Hill with Taylor Swift......well you would get that girl.

I agree with the Taylor swift / Faith Hill combo.

What I thought separated the 2, though, was that the woman felt more confident once she got the makeover, and that came through.
    The guy just really didn't seem comfortable and was pretty reticent anbout the whole thing.
    By the way, I'd never seen her before and she has a truly lovely voice.
    I'm not a big country person, but I liked her.

+ Reply to Thread