+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast

Thread: 4/11 Show Discussion *Spoilers*

not a star, not an elf StarryElf's Avatar

Re: 4/11 Show Discussion *Spoilers*

Bye Selita, and prepare for fireworks. The ladies lovefest is over.

Quote Originally Posted by Jexter;3874899;
    I don't think it's right to give Sharon and Cyndi passes and not Michael. Whatever is going on, it's his kid, for goodness sake!
    I was thinking the same thing.

The reason I thought he would fire Selita instead of Holly was two fold. 1. They want to keep the Holly/Cyndi fireworks. 2. Selita was lazy this episode. She was flirting with Pippen instead of helping carry stuff in. She was doing nothing and bugging Holly towards the end instead of finding something to do. And in terms of show moments she is background. She doesn't add to the theatricality of the show.
    "How do you know the chosen ones? No greater love hath a man than he lay down his life for his friend. Not for millions, not for glory, not for fame... for one person. In the dark. Where no one will ever know or see." - Sebastion, Babylon 5

FORT Fogey

Basically this show is constucting of celebrities who negotiate for a certain amount of tv time to appear, and they will stay no matter what example Sharon, Joan Rivers, Dennis. Than there are the ones that are there for name and recognition that will only be fired if and only if noone else can be this season that would be Cyndi and Bret. Selita was in the third category. The ones who noone knows who you are, and you are asked knowing you will desperately sign on for anything, and you may be lucky to win money for your charity before Donald and company will make up a lame excuse to fire you in the place of one of the two forementioned categories.

Who was brought into the boardroom?

Maria and Selita. She wanted to bring Cyndi but Trump told her flat out he wouldn't fire Cyndi.
    "How do you know the chosen ones? No greater love hath a man than he lay down his life for his friend. Not for millions, not for glory, not for fame... for one person. In the dark. Where no one will ever know or see." - Sebastion, Babylon 5

Quote Originally Posted by StarryElf;3874890;
    Holly looks all pissed off that Trump asked Cyndi to sing instead of her. LOL
    Wasn't that funny?! She kept trying to get across how Cyndi was only in the background or whatever several times but was cut off. I think Trump asked Cyndi to sing just to hack Holly off. Her puckered up face while Cyndi was singing 'her' song looked like she had a lemon in her mouth! Hilarious!

She wanted to have some reason to bring Cyndi back in the boardroom SO BAD it was pitiful. She's really got it in for Cyndi. I wish Cyndi would stand up for herself and tell Trump what she thinks. (I'm surprised at her real life personality actually. I thought she and Sharon wouldn't take any guff from anyone and be more proactive.)

I think Selita was fired on George's recommendation.
    "The way to become boring is to say everything." Voltaire

" The greatness of a nation can be judged by the way its animals are treated. "
    Mohandas Gandhi

Actually, Maria really bugged me more tonight than Holly did. I didn't like how she "volunteered" to throw Selita under the bus.
    Selita went out with a lot of class.
    Maria showed how little class she had. JMO.

I thought Michael said he had personal family business.
    Did someone hear it was his son? Anyone know?
    To Thine Own Self Be True

Michael stated that something was wrong with his son-he chose not to disclose what it was to anyone.
    It would not surprise me if Brett walks either, with all that's going on with his daughter. I thought it was nice of him to complete this task but it would be understandable if he chose not to go any further. I hope he can finish.
    I also hope Sharon can return. It's true that she has missed a lot of time and it would be unfair for her to return and for Michael to be unable to do so.
    Holly is a pain. I love her cause and wanted her to have a shot at some money, but now that she had it and lost I wanted her gone. I've had more than enough of her attitude. Really, the "money can't buy this" moment of the season for me would be if Cyndi pulled a miracle out and won this thing.Wasn't likely to happen because Trump was saving the win for Sharon, however, if she is unable to return Cyndi looks like his number two choice. Some of those people are there just as filler and have no real shot at this. All they can hope for is a nice check along the way and a graceful exit.
    "Worrying does not take away tomorrow's troubles, it takes away today's peace".

-Unknown Author-

This show needs alternates; the stars are dropping like flies. Somebody asks to go home every week. lol.

Selita was thrown under the bus by Trump and George. She should not have been fired! So what if she didn't risk breaking a nail during the challenge? They didn't lose because she was looking after Scotty Pippen; rather, they lost because Holly Robinson Peete targeted the wrong demographic and she chose to recycle the 30-second ad for the 10-second internet ad. None of the execs noticed the audio error; it had nothing to do with the loss.

Peete's focus on that was disingenuous!

Trump's reason was because The Apprentice is a personality contest, not a competence contest. You need to have a strong alpha female personality. Maria and Holly have one; Selita doesn't.

The claws are coming out next week; in the boardroom Maria sells girls are mean.

P.S. Anybody else have big screen HDTV? The editors aren't being nice to Holly. They've done closeups which show a dozen acne scars on her forehead.
    "A lady's imagination is very rapid; it jumps from admiration to love, from love to matrimony in a moment." -- Jane Austen

+ Reply to Thread