+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: Rod Blagojevich - Season 3

Rod Blagojevich - Season 3

"There's a cloud that sort of travels along with me."

Rod Blagojevich is the twice-elected former governor of Illinois who brought groundbreaking universal healthcare to the state, made it possible for the people of Illinois to buy prescription drugs in Canada, and gave seniors free rides on public transportation. In doing so, he made many political enemies.

Blagojevich was removed from office after the U.S. Attorney accused him of corruption and trying to sell the U.S. Senate seat that was being vacated by President Obama -- charges he vehemently denies. Since being hijacked from office, he's embarked on a campaign to clear his name for himself, his family and for the people of Illinois.

Blagojevich was born to a working-class family. As a young man he spent time working odd jobs as a shoe shiner, a pizza delivery boy and a meat packer to help the family pay bills. In his teens, Blagojevich was an avid sports fan who trained to be a Golden Gloves boxer.

Blagojevich spent two years at the University of Tampa before transferring to Northwestern University in Evanston, Illinois, where he received his bachelor's degree in 1979. He received his law degree from Pepperdine University Law School in Malibu, California.

Blagojevich is a former Assistant State's Attorney, who worked for Chicago Mayor Richard Daley, where he specialized in domestic abuse crimes and felony weapons cases.

He entered politics first by winning a seat in the Illinois House of Representatives and then by being elected to the U.S. Congress representing the same district as current White House Chief of Staff Rahm Emanuel, who succeeded him in that position. But Blagojevich felt he could do more as governor than as a Congressman.

Blagojevich was sworn in as the 40th Governor of Illinois on January 13, 2003 and served for six years before being removed from office.

Over the summer, his wife Patti competed in the NBC program "I'm a Celebrity... Get Me Out of Here" after a judge said Gov. Blagojevich could not travel to Costa Rica because he was under indictment.

Despite the charges he faces, Blagojevich was named host of a weekly radio program on top-rated WLS in Chicago and has written his memoir, "The Governor."

He and Patti have two daughters, Amy and Annie. They live in Chicago.

Rod's charity is the Children's Cancer Center

While he was the governor of Illinois, Rod enacted legislation to provide comprehensive health care to the children throughout the state. Rod's dedication to helping children continues today as he's playing for the Children's Cancer Center, a charity that provides children with the educational, emotional and financial support necessary to cope with their life-threatening illnesses. Rod hopes his participation in "The Celebrity Apprentice" will allow him to continue to fight for the things he fought for during his time in office.
    Getting lost will help you find yourself.

Re: Rod Blagojevich - Season 3

I hope he falls down a manhole. Its NYC, it can happen...

"You don't rehearse Mr. T, you just turn him loose."
    -----Sylvester Stallone, on Mr. T-----

Quote Originally Posted by Krom;3850658;

So want him gone first.
    He who laughs last thinks slowest

#oldmanbeatdown - Donny BB16

I think that he will be gone early, can't wait to see him trying to talk to the Donald.

Pretty much.
    You've gotta hustle if you want to earn a dollar. - Boston Rob

But Blagojevich felt he could do more as governor than as a Congressman.
    Anything would be more since he didn't do anything for his constituency as a Congressman.

If they have a Challenge that involves Elvis or hair ... he'll be a contender.
    "The way to become boring is to say everything." Voltaire

" The greatness of a nation can be judged by the way its animals are treated. "
    Mohandas Gandhi

not a star, not an elf StarryElf's Avatar

Wait, so... on the last Celebrity Apprentice Trump fired Khloe Kardasian because he found out she had a DUI, but he has no issue with bringing on an impeached governor who is up on federal mail and wire fraud charges for this season?

How does that make any sense at all? Even if Trump uses the excuse that the charges are still pending (the trial is set for June 2010), he was still impeached by a vote of 114-1 by his peers, as well as a unanimous vote by the Senate to bar him from public office in the future. Clearly this is not an honorable person.

How does Trump explain this one?

Quote Originally Posted by StarryElf;3852167;
    Wait, so... on the last Celebrity Apprentice Trump fired Khloe Kardasian because he found out she had a DUI, but he has no issue with bringing on an impeached governor who is up on federal mail and wire fraud charges for this season?

How does that make any sense at all? Even if Trump uses the excuse that the charges are still pending (the trial is set for June 2010), he was still impeached by a vote of 114-1 by his peers, as well as a unanimous vote by the Senate to bar him from public office in the future. Clearly this is not an honorable person.

How does Trump explain this one?
    Because it's a white-collar crime, and you know those don't really count.

They must be buddies, because this show is a very weird thing for a disgraced ex-politician to consider doing. You'd think he would want his face AWAY from media attention for a while. Maybe he owes Trump money? I don't have any feelings towards him one way or the other, but I did love the goofy way Jon Stewart says his last name.
    All my life, I have felt destiny tugging at my sleeve.~ Thursday Next
    I don't want to "go with the flow". The flow just washes you down the drain. I want to fight the flow.- Henry Rollins
    All this spiritual talk is great and everything...but at the end of the day, there's nothing like a pair of skinny jeans. - Jillian Michaels

I'm definitely not a fan of Mr. B's.

However, when I went on vacation last month, I met my Uncle's adopted daughter's son. He's about 5 or 6. He looks excatly like Blagojevich, but in a good way, if you can imagine that.
    So, even though I'm not a fan of Mr. B, I'll be thinking of this adorable little boy. And, yes, he's even got a large head with a lot of hair!!
    To Thine Own Self Be True

I can't stand him. Go away, Rod.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast