+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Rod Blagojevich - Season 3

Re: Rod Blagojevich - Season 3

Quote Originally Posted by StarryElf;3852167;
    Wait, so... on the last Celebrity Apprentice Trump fired Khloe Kardasian because he found out she had a DUI, but he has no issue with bringing on an impeached governor who is up on federal mail and wire fraud charges for this season?

How does that make any sense at all? Even if Trump uses the excuse that the charges are still pending (the trial is set for June 2010), he was still impeached by a vote of 114-1 by his peers, as well as a unanimous vote by the Senate to bar him from public office in the future. Clearly this is not an honorable person.

How does Trump explain this one?
    I believe The Donald said something like he knew someone (or multiple someones) whose children died at the hands of a drunk driver. Been so long since I've seen that episode, I don't remember. I could see at the time why he fired Khloe, if indeed he didn't know about her "past" before.

That said, innocent until proven guilty or not, was it really necessary to have Blago on this show, NBC? Really? The "yick" factor is off the charts for me. Of all the celebs I'd like to watch on TV, a washed up, most likely very crooked politician is last on my list.

Basically, I think it comes down to a personal issue versus ratings/hype. Now, he himself says don't let business get personal, but no one's going to tell him what to do regardless, heh.

Quote Originally Posted by VAgirl79;3854133[B
    ;]I believe The Donald said something like he knew someone (or multiple someones) whose children died at the hands of a drunk driver.[B] Been so long since I've seen that episode, I don't remember. I could see at the time why he fired Khloe, if indeed he didn't know about her "past" before.[/B][/B]That said, innocent until proven guilty or not, was it really necessary to have Blago on this show, NBC? Really? The "yick" factor is off the charts for me. Of all the celebs I'd like to watch on TV, a washed up, most likely very crooked politician is last on my list.

Basically, I think it comes down to a personal issue versus ratings/hype. Now, he himself says don't let business get personal, but no one's going to tell him what to do regardless, heh.
    Yes, you're absolutely correct and I had no problem with him firing Khloe due to that. If it caused just 1 person th thin about drinking and driving, it was well worth it.

As far as Mr. B, I think we're all in agreement as to the "ick" factor. But, every season of this show seems to give us someone we can make snarky comments about.
    To Thine Own Self Be True

signed, sealed, delivered maude~flanders's Avatar

Give me a break! First his wife gets to go on "I'm a Celebrity, Get Me Out of Here!" to have free reign to talk about an ongoing investigation and spin it as much as she would like, and now he is getting the ability to do the same? He must have some powerful friends to get these kind of opportunities for public sympathy!

FORT Regular

Quote Originally Posted by VAgirl79;3854133;
    I believe The Donald said something like he knew someone (or multiple someones) whose children died at the hands of a drunk driver. Been so long since I've seen that episode, I don't remember. I could see at the time why he fired Khloe, if indeed he didn't know about her "past" before.
    At the same time, Dennis Rodman has two DUI's and Donald was so far up his ass that season it was astounding. He only fired Dennis after it was painfully clear he had a drinking problem and had no choice but to do so. Donald's firings are based on ratings. That's it. He knew Khloe wasn't going to make it to the end, but she also won a challenge and hadn't done anything wrong up to that point, so he pulled some excuse out of left field.

not a star, not an elf StarryElf's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by socalledchaos;3854512;
    At the same time, Dennis Rodman has two DUI's and Donald was so far up his ass that season it was astounding. He only fired Dennis after it was painfully clear he had a drinking problem and had no choice but to do so. Donald's firings are based on ratings. That's it. He knew Khloe wasn't going to make it to the end, but she also won a challenge and hadn't done anything wrong up to that point, so he pulled some excuse out of left field.
    That's a really good point, I had forgotten about Dennis Rodman. So that throws Trump's comments and firing of Khloe out the window, how can he fire her for her one DUI, and not Rodman for his two?

Anyway, back to Blagowhatever. Seriously high ICK factor there for sure. I hope he gets fired first, but unless he seriously screws up, Trump will probably try to keep him around for as long as possible.

Quote Originally Posted by AJane;3852183;
    They must be buddies, because this show is a very weird thing for a disgraced ex-politician to consider doing. You'd think he would want his face AWAY from media attention for a while.
    I'm not entirely certain about that. He did try to get onto I'm A Celebrity, Get Me Out of Here, where his wife ended up instead. I'm glad he's not our premier, but as a person I have no feelings about him one way or another yet. However, while his wife did seem to be pleasant at first viewing, after a while I got a crawling Lady Macbeth feeling about her.
    All I wanted was a 45, a stinking 45 - the record or the gun. I'd even settle for the damn malt liquor. - Al Bundy.

FORT Fogey

If he's as useless as he was for his team on the first task, I can hardly wait for the men to lose so he can be fired! (I'm glad Joan told on him, too!) However, before he goes, I hope he and Donald share hair care tips, or perhaps call for a vote on who has the worst hairstyle.

FORT Newbie

Khloe and Rodman could have seriously hurt or kill someone while driving drunk. Rod is yet another corrupt politician and his actions did not have any major effect on a common person. He has suffered much more consequences than being in jail for 20 minutes for DWI and he is not any less of a celebrity than many of the Apprentice candidates.

Ryan ~ Reid ~ Roberto ryanfan4vr's Avatar

He is so disillusioned that he probably thinks he is going to use this show to help himself. I think it's very apparent that the rest of the contestants think he is nothing but a joke. I felt like they all thought he wasn't worth their time...even Donald. Loved how he kept saying that this guy has guts.

Hasn't anybody ever taught him that it is better to remain silent and be thought a fool, than to open your mouth and remove all doubt.

KK4
    FORT Fan

He's a disgrace to the citizens of IL. So corrupt, and left us in a mountain of debt. I moved here from Mass (taxachusetts we called it).....little did I know..

The joke here is that his hair looks like Lego hair.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast