+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 26 FirstFirst 12345678910111213 ... LastLast

Thread: Bret Michaels - Season 3

Re: Bret Michaels - Season 3

Quote Originally Posted by RealityLovesMe;3878548;
    I think I can agree with that. Bret is the only one who has not been a team player on the men's side. The others seem to get along pretty well. I do think the guys have had some team spirit. The women are always fighting. Cyndi has been a big point of contention for them.
    On the other hand, without Bret the men's team would have zero creativity and would have lost every task. What good is a team if every member is pretty much useless?
    All I wanted was a 45, a stinking 45 - the record or the gun. I'd even settle for the damn malt liquor. - Al Bundy.

Actually, we've seen very little of how the men get along, but what we do see is pretty harmonious - the only real clash was between Bret & Sinbad. Even though Michael whined about Blago, they weren't confrontational. It's a sure bet that if there was some big conflicts brewing, we'd be seeing them.

Bret is the one who is the most engaged in the competition, and has tons of enthusiasm for each task - when you generally only see real commitment from the current project manager. The person who puts in huge effort every week, regardless of whether or not they directly benefit from it - THAT'S a team player. If team players are defined by how well they can buddy up and manipulate other players to their side...then Holly is one helluva team player.
    All my life, I have felt destiny tugging at my sleeve.~ Thursday Next
    I don't want to "go with the flow". The flow just washes you down the drain. I want to fight the flow.- Henry Rollins
    All this spiritual talk is great and everything...but at the end of the day, there's nothing like a pair of skinny jeans. - Jillian Michaels

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by Rattus;3878552;
    On the other hand, without Bret the men's team would have zero creativity and would have lost every task. What good is a team if every member is pretty much useless?
    They lost quite a few even with him as I recall.

Quote Originally Posted by RealityLovesMe;3878614;
    They lost quite a few even with him as I recall.
    They did, yes, including the one where Sinbad refused to accept any input from him whatsoever (and Bret was right in the opinions he offered about that project - he did point out to Sinbad that the ad was overly verbose, and that verbosity was one of the failing points on that project, but Sinbad again refused to take Bret's opinion seriously). However, they did win the task that Bret was project manager on, and they also won the task where all creative control was handed to him by...I can't remember his name, the chef. And while they did lose the Harry Potter task, Blago was quite correct in not bringing him into the Boardroom because Bret did pretty much all the work on that project and the issues the executives had were the responsibility of a couple of the other team members, and ultimately the project manager.

So I'm really failing to see how Bret is contributing much to the downfall of the men's team.
    All I wanted was a 45, a stinking 45 - the record or the gun. I'd even settle for the damn malt liquor. - Al Bundy.

Health scare for Bret but looks like he'll be ok
    Bret Michaels released from Texas hospital after undergoing emergency appendectomy
    Bret Michaels has been released from the hospital after undergoing an emergency appendectomy earlier this week.

After suffering from severe stomach pains all day Sunday, the former Poison frontman, 47, was rushed to Christus Santa Rosa Hospital-Westover Hills in San Antonio, Texas with what he believed was a stomach flu, the San Antonio Business Journal reported.

Doctors diagnosed Michaels, a diabetic, with acute appendicitis and rushed him into emergency surgery at 1 a.m. Monday morning. Following the procedure, the rocker's rep said he was "doing well and beginning the recovery process."

He remained under the care of his doctors until Wednesday, when he was reportedly released.

Read more: Bret Michaels released from Texas hospital after undergoing emergency appendectomy

FORT Newbie

[QUOTE=Duckyface;3876949;]I don't think it has anything to do with his appearance, and I do think he is creative. The "train wreck" part for me is that he has a lot of trouble communicating his ideas, he runs on "rock star time", he takes offense easily, a lot of times he won't really listen to other people's ideas and he gets upset easily. I don't mean about his daughter.

Not saying I wouldn't take him on my team, just saying he does have attributes that make him difficult to work with sometimes.[/Q

I like that he is a very nice caring man that is also a bad boy and being that I am 42 and he is 47 I find him very cute!

I missed the beginning on Sunday night.
    What was the daughter's diagnosis?
    Does she have Type 1 diabetes?
    To Thine Own Self Be True

Quote Originally Posted by norealityhere;3881454;
    I missed the beginning on Sunday night.
    What was the daughter's diagnosis?
    Does she have Type 1 diabetes?
    Trump asked him in the Boardroom. He said something along the lines of it wasn't the news they were hoping for, but it was better news than they expected.

Quote Originally Posted by Rattus;3881494;
    Trump asked him in the Boardroom. He said something along the lines of it wasn't the news they were hoping for, but it was better news than they expected.
    Sounds like she may have it then, but perhaps is borderline.

Thanks so much, Rattus!

I haven't seen Rock of Love, but I sure love Bret on this show.
    To Thine Own Self Be True

FORT Fogey

Prayers for Brett. He developed a massive brain hemorrhage and is in critical condition:

"LOS ANGELES, Calif. -- Two weeks removed from an emergency appendectomy, Bret Michaels was rushed to the hospital on Thursday night where it was discovered the rocker had suffered a massive brain hemorrhage, according to People.

The 47-year-old "Rock of Love" and "Celebrity Apprentice" reality star is currently listed in critical condition.

"After several CAT scans, MRIs and an angiogram, [doctors] decided to keep Michaels in the ICU and are running several tests to determine the cause. [It] will be touch and go for the next few days while he is under intense observation," a source close to the situation told People.

Earlier this week, Bret hit up his blog with a light-hearted and encouraging update on his recovery, following his appendectomy on April 12 in San Antonio, Texas."

Bret Michaels Suffers Massive Brain Hemmorhage - omg! news on Yahoo!

+ Reply to Thread