+ Reply to Thread
Page 13 of 26 FirstFirst ... 34567891011121314151617181920212223 ... LastLast

Thread: Bret Michaels - Season 3

Re: Bret Michaels - Season 3

I'm so thrilled at this news! He and his family have been in my prayers.

I also didn't know much of anything about Bret before Celebrity Apprentice. I knew he was in Poison, but the extent of my knowledge of that band is the "Every Rose..." song. Knew he was on Rock of Love on VH1, but never saw it. Yet he is hands down my favorite contestant on this show! Really hard worker, really creative, and doesn't shy away from responsibility. Seems like a total sweetheart too. Love him! Hope he wins the whole thing, and, more importantly, recovers fully.

Quote Originally Posted by VAgirl79;3894800;
    I'm so thrilled at this news! He and his family have been in my prayers.

I also didn't know much of anything about Bret before Celebrity Apprentice. I knew he was in Poison, but the extent of my knowledge of that band is the "Every Rose..." song. Knew he was on Rock of Love on VH1, but never saw it. Yet he is hands down my favorite contestant on this show! Really hard worker, really creative, and doesn't shy away from responsibility. Seems like a total sweetheart too. Love him! Hope he wins the whole thing, and, more importantly, recovers fully.
    I agree. I have known about him for a long time, but didn't really know much about him until his Rock of Love shows, (yes they were trashy, but he was a good sport), and now with him being on the Apprentice.

I really hope he does well and stays healthy.

Quote Originally Posted by prhoshay;3893833;
    Impressive! Did they say if he was released to home or to a rehab facility?
    Quote Originally Posted by jucamer;3893840;
    The Dr said Bret didn't want that info given out. The media would probably bombard the rehab facility or his home (wherever he may be) - you know how they are..

But he's going to be alright!!!!
    I just read (somewhere) that he checked into a physical therapy rehabilitation facility on April 3oth and he is planing to go on tour May 26th.

I am so glad for the positive outlook regardless of where he is. He seems like a really good person and fun/funny too.
    "The way to become boring is to say everything." Voltaire

" The greatness of a nation can be judged by the way its animals are treated. "
    Mohandas Gandhi

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

Hope he doesn't try to overdo it too quickly. Moderation is very, very important, and he has nothing to prove to anyone.

Superman is only a fantasy character.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

Quote Originally Posted by prhoshay;3895438;
    Hope he doesn't try to overdo it too quickly. Moderation is very, very important, and he has nothing to prove to anyone.

Superman is only a fantasy character.
    I agree he has to take it easy & not go back on tour so soon! But I must admit I would love to see him on the finale. All he really has to do is sit in the chair. I know I'm being selfish but I just want to see him & make sure he's OK...

I expect he is in a Care facility. Glad to hear he's likely to make a full recovery!!
    “No matter how dark the moment, love and hope are always possible.” George Chakiris

Believe nothing that you hear and only half of what you see. :nono

Looks like Bret is recovering very well. I hope he's not making a mistake going back out too soon

Bret Michaels, who suffered a subarachnoid brain hemorrhage on April 22, just 10 days after an emergency appendectomy in San Antonio, Texas while on his Custom Built Tour, is planning on making his return to live performances Friday May 28, Memorial Day Weekend, at Hard Rock Live in Biloxi, Mississippi. This hard-rocking venue has hosted such acts as Kid Rock, Three Doors Down, Stevie Nicks and Daughtry.

Michaels, who has been rehabbing since his release from ICU, has increased his rehabilitation sessions to twice a day to prepare for his comeback on Friday May 28th at the Hard Rock in Biloxi, Mississippi and to continue on all of his solo dates as well as kicking off a tour with Lynyrd Skynyrd which begins June 10 in West Palm Beach, Florida at the Cruzan Amphitheater. “We have been overwhelmed with well wishes and offers that continue to pour in for Bret. And promoters have really stepped up to the plate to reschedule dates he missed. Which is a testament to Bret’s great live performances and friendships he has built over the years” states Brian Ahern from William Morris Endeavor Agency (WME).

The singer plans to remain on tour throughout the fall and early winter, with dates scheduled through December. Dates that were postponed due to the singer’s medical emergencies are currently being rescheduled.

Michaels, who continues to be a strong competitor on NBC’s Celebrity Apprentice Sunday nights, is hoping to be able to return to New York, along with the rest of the cast, for the finale on Sunday May 23rd. Donald Trump says “We really hope that Bret is well and able to join us at the finale as Apprentice has hit some of its highest ratings ever and I have much respect as he is a fighter and strong competitor.” Michaels will be making his first televised appearance since being hospitalized on The Oprah Winfrey Show to air Wednesday May 19. His upcoming album Custom Built, featuring the hit song "Nothing to Lose" with Miley Cyrus, a remake of the Sublime song "What I Got," as well as a rock and country remake of his hit song Every Rose Has It’s Thorn” featuring other artist such as Jay Demarcus of Rascal Flatts, Brad Arnold of Three Doors Down, Chris Cagle and Mark Wills just to name a few. Custom Built is set to hit stores June 8.

I was surprised to see that Bret is scheduled to do an interview on Oprah this Wednesder May 19th. I assume it's via satellite or Skype; not sure.

I saw the Oprah interview.
    I have to hand it to this guy. He's got such a strong will to live.
    Fortunately, he is still very articulate.
    He said he's going through 2x daily rehab which seems to be aimed at his motor skills, etc.
    When Oprah asked him about his girls and showed tributes from his CA castmates, you could see the tears in his eyes.
    He's just a sweetheart of a guy.
    To Thine Own Self Be True

Quote Originally Posted by norealityhere;3908393;
    I saw the Oprah interview.
    I have to hand it to this guy. He's got such a strong will to live.
    Fortunately, he is still very articulate.
    He said he's going through 2x daily rehab which seems to be aimed at his motor skills, etc.
    When Oprah asked him about his girls and showed tributes from his CA castmates, you could see the tears in his eyes.
    He's just a sweetheart of a guy.

OMG I was bawling through the whole thing. He looked so good didn't he??? I can't wait to see him on Sunday. He is scheduled to start touring again on May 28th. I hope he postpones it. He can't be ready for all of that yet??

+ Reply to Thread