+ Reply to Thread
Page 38 of 43 FirstFirst ... 28293031323334353637383940414243 LastLast

Thread: ***spoilers**** 5/10 season finalie discussion thread

Re: ***spoilers**** 5/10 season finalie discussion thread

I agree with Rattus' point upthread, that the subjective criteria allowed Trump to hand the win over to Joan. Why he wanted her to win, however, is curious. This is a man who measures everything by money, because that's the scorecard on whether someone's a winner or a loser. And he's got a thing about winners and losers.

In every past season he's rewarded ruthlessness and manipulation and punished selflessness. Annie is probably the most Trump-like player to ever compete ... and she loses? It doesn't make sense.

That said, as emotional and angry as Joan can get, I'm like the gay guy at his mother's funeral ... I think she'd be a total hoot as a friend.
    "If there are no dogs in heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went." — Will Rogers

Hey, did anyone else notice the Trumpster completely ignored Dice. A simple acknowledgement of hello would have been common courtesy, no? Then again, maybe Dice prefered it that way, was content enough to get his appearance fee, and get the hell outa there.

He didn't ignore Dice, he spoke to him first and Dice completely went off in left field and wouldn't shut up or even say anything that meant a darn thing- most likely Donald didn't want a repeat of that so didnt' bother with him again.
    “No matter how dark the moment, love and hope are always possible.” George Chakiris

Believe nothing that you hear and only half of what you see. :nono

Quote Originally Posted by anders332;3445486;
    He didn't ignore Dice, he spoke to him first and Dice completely went off in left field and wouldn't shut up or even say anything that meant a darn thing- most likely Donald didn't want a repeat of that so didnt' bother with him again.
    I guess I ignored him then because I completely missed that, even though I was on the couch the whole time.

chavy chaf chaf Asteroids Champion, Bejeweled 2 Champion, GalaGalaGa Champion, Add It Up Champion, Beat The Meter Champion, Bejeweled® 2 Action Champion, Little Protectors Champion spockwhat's Avatar

My favourite part of the show was the revealing that Annie's team raised 462,000 for their charity. Even with the "winnings" from this farce of a ending... Joan's total for her charity was 400,000. Season totals for Joan were over 500,000... and for Annie? Over 700,000! That's a HECK of a lot of money for charity.

Even if Annie lost for some reason I can't figure out, her charity won! I'm ecstatic for both charities, but I have a soft spot for Refugees International... especially because so many of these people lose homes and loved ones due to other country's conflicts that are beyond their control.

Quote Originally Posted by Uncle David;3444230;
    Exactly when did we see this? What I saw after Medusa Joan was announced the winner was Annie accepting Jocelyn Wildenstein Joan's hug, and even patting Omarosa Joan on the back. And then, when Jerry Manthey Joan grasped her hand, Annie didn't have the normal reaction of recoiling in fear and disgust. Rather, Annie politely allowed Maleficent Joan to hold her hand in what I personally believe was nothing more than attempt to make The Borg Queen Joan appear to be less of a harpy/shrew than she is.

I have already contacted Tvland to let them know if they broadcast that new series with Joan after she called people Nazi, Hitler and White trash I will never watch their network again.
    Injustice anywhere is a threat to justice everywhere.
    Martin Luther King, Jr.

GOOD for you, MsDiva! I thought myself of writing to tptb about it, also.
    "Success is falling nine times and getting up ten." - Jon Bon Jovi

unless i missed something, it sure seemed like joan caused them to quit to me . . . .

i really wanted annie to win.

Quote Originally Posted by tapper01;3443453;
    she did NOT cause the designer to quit

but she won't let it go

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by buttahfly;3445876;
    unless i missed something, it sure seemed like joan caused them to quit to me . . . .

i really wanted annie to win.
    Annie blamed the designer quitting on Joan, but she was given an explanaton off-camera, so we have no way of knowing if what Annie said was accurate or exaggerated. When Joan stated it was a lie in the boardroom, Trump didn't challenge her. It reaked of producer intervention on many levels ... but it woudlnt' exactly work for the flow of the show if they showed Annie making a bunch of panicked phone calls saying "Okay, the producers brought on a party planner, but arranged for them for the party planner to pull out in the eleventh hour to add drama and excitement to the show, so now I need your help".

+ Reply to Thread