+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 19 FirstFirst 12345678910111213 ... LastLast
Like Tree3Likes

Thread: Joan Rivers - Season 2

Re: Joan Rivers - Season 2

Quote Originally Posted by MHcarrollton;3376017;
    I have always liked her because I like people that can laugh at themselves and their counterparts. She lives a Hollywood life, but she is the first to point out the bad parts of it. I think Melissa is annoying as well, but it is her daughter and I applaud her for being a mother who goes to such lengths for her child. I also do think they play off of each other well.
    I like those things about her as well. As a comedienne, she isn't bound by political correctness and she doesn't seem to consider anyone above being the brunt of a joke, especially herself.

Quote Originally Posted by beachgirl4;3376177;
    I like those things about her as well. As a comedienne, she isn't bound by political correctness and she doesn't seem to consider anyone above being the brunt of a joke, especially herself.
    I like her too. She can be annoying at times, but she does seem to assess people pretty well and call Hollywood people on their phoniness when appropriate. I thought it was interesting last episode when she said something negative about Clint Black. I can't remember exactly what it was; it was when they were watching the boardroom scene. Her dislike seemed like it must be based on something outside the show, since she hasn't had to work with him.

I like her. She doesn't take herself too seriously and she is able to give kudos to others when they deserve them.
    To Thine Own Self Be True

Quote Originally Posted by Mags225;3379712;
    I like her too. She can be annoying at times, but she does seem to assess people pretty well and call Hollywood people on their phoniness when appropriate. I thought it was interesting last episode when she said something negative about Clint Black. I can't remember exactly what it was; it was when they were watching the boardroom scene. Her dislike seemed like it must be based on something outside the show, since she hasn't had to work with him.
    I saw that too! I wondered what that was about since they aren't on the same team. Reading his thread, she may know some of what was posted in there. News to me - I thought he was a nice guy.

Joan Rivers is one hardworking, savvy woman, and I hope she sails all the way through this Apprentice thing. She has more energy than two 35-year-olds, and she always carries herself well. She has sustained herself through some pretty tough times - yeah, I know, it's Hollywood, but back in the day she was not always treated well. Wish she could take over for Leno instead of that dorkass Conan.

Quote Originally Posted by Prism;3382499;
    Joan Rivers is one hardworking, savvy woman, and I hope she sails all the way through this Apprentice thing. She has more energy than two 35-year-olds, and she always carries herself well. She has sustained herself through some pretty tough times - yeah, I know, it's Hollywood, but back in the day she was not always treated well. Wish she could take over for Leno instead of that dorkass Conan.
    Amen to that.
    To Thine Own Self Be True

She's a bit old for that job now. TV may not seem hard, and talk show hosts tend to joke about just showing up and working for 2 hours a day, but the reality is that a five day a week talk show is an ENORMOUS amount of work.

"You don't rehearse Mr. T, you just turn him loose."
    -----Sylvester Stallone, on Mr. T-----

FORT Fan

Quote Originally Posted by Mags225;3379712;
    she said clint black is a snake. i also got the vibe that she seems to know him being a snake from outside the show.

Joan is a pretty shrewd businesswoman. She's tied this gig in with her jewelry line. Each time she's in the boardroom she wears pieces that will be on sale the next morning on QVC.

FORT Fogey

From one Joan fan to another. Joan (and Gary Shandling) were burned in the whole late night host wars. Although I'm glad Conan was found, both Joan and Gary were burned in the process. In a nuthshell, their careers were stopped in their tracks.

Then, Joan's husband died...thus the stint on QVC. Earning her own living in a very difficult man's world, I have nothing but respect for this woman.
    Last edited by Jexter; 03-15-2009 at 05:25 AM.

+ Reply to Thread