+ Reply to Thread
Page 15 of 19 FirstFirst ... 5678910111213141516171819 LastLast
Like Tree3Likes

Thread: Joan Rivers - Season 2

Re: Joan Rivers - Season 2

Ivanka even asked Annie if she'd ever been called hitler before - I don't think it was taken out of context at all.
    ďNo matter how dark the moment, love and hope are always possible.Ē George Chakiris

Believe nothing that you hear and only half of what you see. :nono

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by norealityhere;3440496;
    Joan never called Annie Hitler. After Trump's remarks about Annie being perhaps 2 faced and saying that Annie can be nice, she then said, so was Hitler. People keep taking it out of context.
    I think this remark has really been blown out of proportion and I think it's very unfair how it was then said that Joan called her Hitler. She never said that about Annie.
    That says a lot about Annie, IMO. How many times has Annie brought it back up since that episode? Every week? To me, it's the big difference between Joan and Annie. Joan is blunt and right in your face about what she thinks - good and bad. Annie is more passive agressive and manipulative. Instead of taking Joan down by slamming her, she takes Joan down by implying and hinting at things that were never actually said.

FORT Regular

I honestly don't think Trump will "let" Joan win if she really didn't deserve to. Say what you will about this show, but every single winner of the Apprentice was the right person to win. The pecking order of when people go home is clearly done for ratings and that was made more blatantly obvious this year. But that being said, if Joan doesn't win the final task by a significant amount, there's no way Trump would give her the win.

I need to have someone explain to me in what context is it ok to compare someone to hitler?I find it really sick and then I look at Joan and her gargoyle eyes and I get sicker.
    Injustice anywhere is a threat to justice everywhere.
    Martin Luther King, Jr.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by MsDiva2007;3440879;
    I need to have someone explain to me in what context is it ok to compare someone to hitler?I find it really sick and then I look at Joan and her gargoyle eyes and I get sicker.
    Well for starters, it would have to include an actual comparison, which really wasn't made. When Joan mentioned Hitler, she was diminishing Trump's defense of Annie - not comparing her to him.

YMMV, I think Joan knew what she was saying and she intended the Hitler remark as a slur on Annie it was mean in spirit. Joan was trying to push Annie over the edge. Annie however has more class than to act like a raving lunatic in public. I said it before if those terms roll so easily off the tongue it was a manner she is used to insulting people. I know she loved Herschel I have to thank heaven for that because I truly believe that therr is not a far stretch from going from Hitler to the N word.
    Injustice anywhere is a threat to justice everywhere.
    Martin Luther King, Jr.

way too close to moose, black bears and other country critters

Quote Originally Posted by angelic_one2002;3440617;
    I'll not watch another season either, if Joan wins. And whether her mention of Hitler is taken out of context or not, she should have known better to EVER mention that name like she did. It still sounded directed at Annie, in my opinion.
    I agree. it's best not to make such comments. Especially in a setting that is filled with intense emotion. It's called having an edit button. It's called being well-mannered. It's called self-control. None of which are Joan Rivers strong suits.
    And were an epitaph to be my story/ Iíd have a short one ready for my own./I would have written of me on my stone:/I had a loverís quarrel with the world.
    -- Robert Frost From his poem `A Lesson For Today.' The last line , `I had A lover's quarrel With the world' is the inscription he chose for his gravestone.

way too close to moose, black bears and other country critters

Quote Originally Posted by MsDiva2007;3440920;
    YMMV, I think Joan knew what she was saying and she intended the Hitler remark as a slur on Annie it was mean in spirit. Joan was trying to push Annie over the edge. Annie however has more class than to act like a raving lunatic in public. I said it before if those terms roll so easily off the tongue it was a manner she is used to insulting people. I know she loved Herschel I have to thank heaven for that because I truly believe that therr is not a far stretch from going from Hitler to the N word.
    At our most angry, vunerable moments when we are least able to control ourselves, the words that spew out of our mouths usually are a good reflection of who we truly are underneath the public mask. You are so right, there isn't much of a stretch, if any, between what she said and the n word.
    And were an epitaph to be my story/ Iíd have a short one ready for my own./I would have written of me on my stone:/I had a loverís quarrel with the world.
    -- Robert Frost From his poem `A Lesson For Today.' The last line , `I had A lover's quarrel With the world' is the inscription he chose for his gravestone.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by redsox girl;3441289;
    At our most angry, vunerable moments when we are least able to control ourselves, the words that spew out of our mouths usually are a good reflection of who we truly are underneath the public mask. You are so right, there isn't much of a stretch, if any, between what she said and the n word.
    If what she said was intended to be an insult equating the two, perhaps that would be true. But she was negating Trump's argument, not namecalling.

I specifically remember her saying to Annie, "You're a Hitler." It was in an earlier show, maybe a week or so before, and she said it wherever they gather in, not in the boardroom. That's where Trump got the reference from in the first place.
    Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
    -- Benjamin Franklin, Historical Review of Pennsylvania, 1759

http://www.youravon.com/jmarko

+ Reply to Thread