+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 12 FirstFirst 123456789101112 LastLast

Thread: Annie Duke - Season 2

Re: Annie Duke - Season 2

It was no surprise that no matter what, Trump was going to have his showdown between Annie and Joan.
    As I've said before, I don't think anybody comes off looking perfect on this show - not even Jesse. Perhaps, it's written into their contracts when they sign up. While I'd agree that Annie is an excellent game player, it still doesn't make me like her at all. I don't like the win at all costs mentality that she exhibits. I also don't like how much credit she has to take for everything. It's all about me, me, me when it comes to Annie. I've worked for people like Annie before and one can never get ahead or gain any recognition, as the boss takes credit for everything. Joan's far from perfect, too, but at least she seems to have a soul - Annie appears to have sold hers, for a price, quite some time ago. :nono
    To Thine Own Self Be True

Quote Originally Posted by norealityhere;3434046;
    It was no surprise that no matter what, Trump was going to have his showdown between Annie and Joan.
    As I've said before, I don't think anybody comes off looking perfect on this show - not even Jesse. Perhaps, it's written into their contracts when they sign up. While I'd agree that Annie is an excellent game player, it still doesn't make me like her at all. I don't like the win at all costs mentality that she exhibits. I also don't like how much credit she has to take for everything. It's all about me, me, me when it comes to Annie. I've worked for people like Annie before and one can never get ahead or gain any recognition, as the boss takes credit for everything. Joan's far from perfect, too, but at least she seems to have a soul - Annie appears to have sold hers, for a price, quite some time ago. :nono
    I don't call people who calls someone Hitler all the time someone with a soul. Frankly I find her to be an ogre in looks and demeanor. It really makes me wonder what she would have called herschel if she didn't like him.
    Injustice anywhere is a threat to justice everywhere.
    Martin Luther King, Jr.

shoes? who needs shoes?? barefootdyke's Avatar

i just finished watching annie on ellen this afternoon. i have a new respect for her. she showed she's a class act, compared to joan and melissa (who i've never liked). i think joan and melissa tried to suck her into drama and the more annie refused to react in kind, the angrier they got.

say what you want about how annie did the show, but to put up with the verbal attacks that she was subject to tells me she was a much better person ...

Teach your children Uncle David's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by barefootdyke;3434317;
    i just finished watching annie on ellen this afternoon. i have a new respect for her.
    I came here to say the same thing. I've never felt much one way or the other about Annie, but she acquitted herself well today on Ellen. She's a bit to self-serving for my tastes, so I doubt I'd want to spend much time around her, but she's not the monster Joan and Melissa make her out to be. In fact, I think Joan and Melissa are describing themselves more than they are Annie.

shoes? who needs shoes?? barefootdyke's Avatar

she could do the next "never let them see you sweat" commercial

Teach your children Uncle David's Avatar

I can see why she's such a great poker player.

I adore Annie. I think Piers nailed it when he observed that she is smarter than the others who remained--by quite a margin. She's educated and down-to-earth. I find it fascinating that people are more offended by her BJ claim than by Joan calling her *Hitler*.

One of the two players remaining has class. It ain't Joan.

Quote Originally Posted by barefootdyke;3434317;
    i just finished watching annie on ellen this afternoon. i have a new respect for her. she showed she's a class act, compared to joan and melissa (who i've never liked). i think joan and melissa tried to suck her into drama and the more annie refused to react in kind, the angrier they got.

say what you want about how annie did the show, but to put up with the verbal attacks that she was subject to tells me she was a much better person ...
    Me too.. I was gonna come say this but you did it for me...so thanks

Quote Originally Posted by mindy384;3435202;
    Me too.. I was gonna come say this but you did it for me...so thanks
    I don't think people realize the restraint she had with Joan & Melissa. I think like everyone said always the poker face. Annie let alot of America in on what truly Hateful Little B's Joan & Melissa are.
    Injustice anywhere is a threat to justice everywhere.
    Martin Luther King, Jr.

For those who claim that Annie is somehow oblivious to how her confidence comes off to people...

From her most recent blog entry:

Well, we go into task delivery and man, I have this big moment of regret on that decision. First, of course, Joan comes back in grand entrance style. Then we find out we are writing a jingle and a 30 second spot for Chicken of the Sea. A jingle? WTF? With Clint Black, grammy award winning songwriter on the other team? Are you kidding me? I know we have lost before we even start. I know I am going home. And somehow I feel it is justice. I recommended Melissa get fired when it was in my interest to keep her, the weaker player, around. With Brande on my team I am, indeed, PM which means we cannot lose the challenge. Period. Or I go home. I have been more than willing to take credit where credit is due me for what I do in the tasks (too much for most people’s liking, agreed). So it is some sort of poetic justice that I am going to die by my own overconfident sword.Whatever. I deserve it.

"You don't rehearse Mr. T, you just turn him loose."
    -----Sylvester Stallone, on Mr. T-----

+ Reply to Thread