+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Nely Galan - Entrepreneur/Former Telemundo Exec

Nely Galan - Entrepreneur/Former Telemundo Exec

Nely's charity is Count Me In. PERSONAL CONNECTION: Count Me In champions the cause for women's economic independence by providing access to business loans, consultation and education. The organization is dedicated to increasing women's access to credit and capital by making systemic changes in credit scoring and small business lending. Nely is on the board of directors; she is not compensated.

Latina media dynamo Nely Galán — dubbed the "Tropical Tycoon" by The New York Times Magazine is one of the entertainment industry's savviest firebrand talents — bringing her considerable expertise to full effect as a producer and entrepreneur; a galvanizing powerbroker in the Latino world; and a health, wellness and beauty guru. Since 1994, she has owned and operated her own production company, Galan Entertainment; and her vast experience also includes running the powerhouse Telemundo Network. In the process, she has launched 10 groundbreaking channels around the world and produced a staggering 600 episodes of programming that crosses all genres — from reality series to sitcoms, telenovelas to talk shows.
    The ever-engaging and effervescent Galán also created and executive produced the smash FOX reality series "The Swan," and as its in-house life coach, wrote the bestselling companion book "The Swan Curriculum." Among her current projects, she is developing "The New You," a daytime series set to launch on NBC in 2008 that touts health, wellness and beauty for women, and is already attracting legions of fans through its website The New You, and its branded segments on "The Today Show."
    In addition, she has optioned the chica-lit, best-selling novel and script "The Dirty Girls Social Club" for the big screen, and is developing a Latino sitcom for first-run syndication. Galán also recently signed a landmark deal with NBC/Universal to create English-language novelas across all media platforms for NBC, taken from her newly-acquired Telemundo library of formats and titles.
    As an acclaimed speaker, Galán routinely draws raves for her mesmerizing presentations on the Latino market, entrepreneurship and female empowerment. Plus, she is frequently cited for her influential work outside the industry as a board member for Count Me In, the leading national non-profit provider for women entrepreneurs; the Center for the Advancement of Women; and The Smithsonian Institute.
    Galán — often referred to as "Ms. Mogul" in and outside industry circles — is also a devoted single mom. Her production company is based in Venice, California.
    "That's Numberwang!"

Re: Nely Galan - Entrepreneur/Former Telemundo Exec

I vaguely recall her from that trainwreck "The Swan". Other than that I'm not sure how tightly she fits any reasonable definition of a "celebrity".

That said, it sounds like she's got a significantly bigger business background than anyone else on the show. I mean the reason I'm dissing her celeb credit is that she sounds much more like a straight-up business-person, who just happens to have been in the media business.

Thinking about that, she seems like an good early pick to win this thing. Unless some of the other contestants can leverage their celebrity in a way she can't.

"You don't rehearse Mr. T, you just turn him loose."
    -----Sylvester Stallone, on Mr. T-----

If i had to handicap this based solely on the Celebs' experience, i'd say that Nely Galan will be one of the Final Four based on her business accomplishments.

The Swan might've been a train wreck on English-language tv but Telemundo is the second-largest Spanish-language network (behind Univision) in the US. There've gotta be some brains in that outfit and i don't doubt this gal will go far.

I kind of agree out of everyone she seems to be the only one that wants to win and not get fame out of this lol.
    The big brother addiction its taking over

Who says she doesn't want fame?

For me, its just that she's got more REAL experience than most of these others. She's a businesswoman first, I think, and a marginal celebrity second.

FORT Fogey

Never heard of her but you can bank on it that she is on this show for exposure. Her upper lip is waaaaaaaaay too big.

Quote Originally Posted by shoepie;2741506;
    . . . Her upper lip is waaaaaaaaay too big.
    It was difficult to even see her lips because, for most of the episode, they were firmly planted on Omarosa's ass.
    "There's no crying in baseball!"
    -- Tom Hanks, A League of Their Own

Yeah. I see I'm not the only one who was MASSIVELY disappointed in her. I mean if you kiss up to the likes of Omagrossa, that doesn't say much about YOU.

And frankly she didn't show ANY spark of creativity. True this is only one challenge in, but even so I was expecting more.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by Krom;2742195;
    Yeah. I see I'm not the only one who was MASSIVELY disappointed in her. I mean if you kiss up to the likes of Omagrossa, that doesn't say much about YOU.

And frankly she didn't show ANY spark of creativity. True this is only one challenge in, but even so I was expecting more.
    She was even handed when she spoke of Omarosa to Trump. She said that she made a major mistake then quickly switched to state that she was a strong leader. It was transparent, Omarosa bought it and it was a smart move. She sized up the situation and realized that if the women are to win a challenge, trashing the obvious trouble maker was not going to serve her. The jury is out for me. She may prove to be the one team member that everyone can work with easily. That is the mark of a winner.

FORT Fan

I remember her from the "Swan" LOL. She should do well, as she has an impressive track record in business. BUT I was surprised to see how she butt kissed Omarosa! I think she might be too smart for her own good, I can well imagine her in a squeeze play in the boardroom

My guess : Nely will want to be Project Manager, the women will lose again (they really have less star power than the guys who have Gene, Trace, Lennox)....and she will get booted out pretty quick

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast