+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Angela - Season 6

She doesn't seem to have much business experience.....it might work against her....but probably not
    I've learned that you shouldn't go through life with a catcher's mitt on both hands; you need to be able to throw something back.
    Maya Angelou

FORT Fogey
    Quote Originally Posted by Cornedbeef;2186413;
    Playing on a hockey team might give her an advantage, working with the other members, in her group.
    I agree with that statement because hey, if she can't cooperate with the other people on her team she can always just beat the crap out of them!!

Quote Originally Posted by AJane;2182297;
    I'm very Why in the world does she want to work for the Donald?
    Maybe so she can piledrive him a foot deep into the lawn when he says "You're FIRED"

Seriously... even in her business suit you could see her muscles!

Donald better tread lightly with this one... or he might find himself hanging from a tree branch by his underpants after she gives him a nuclear wedgie!
    Last edited by Cleocatra; 01-08-2007 at 06:38 AM.

I had forgotten about this until I saw her face last night, but Angela was the contestant picked by viewers during the 2006 Olympic Winter Games to participate in this show. She competed against 12 other Olympians. I voted for her way back when! She's both a fabulous hockey player and person.

This past February, Mark Burnett, creator and executive producer, opened "Apprentice" casting to the viewers to choose one of 12 U.S. Olympic athletes competing in the 2006 Olympic Winter Games. During NBC's 17-day broadcast from Torino, viewers were given the chance to vote interactively on NBCOlympics.com for one of the 12 U.S. Olympians to become a candidate on season six of "The Apprentice."

Ruggiero out-skated her fellow competitors, which included: Olympians Allison Baver (short track speedskating/Reading, Pa.); Travis Cabral (freestyle skiing moguls/South Lake Tahoe, Calif.); Casey FitzRandolph (long track speedskating/Verona, Wis.); Todd Hays (bobsled/Del Rio, Texas); Chad Hedrick (long track speedskating/Spring, Texas); Danny Kass (snowboard/halfpipe/ Greenwich, Conn.); Joe Pack (freestyle skiing/aerials/Park City, Utah); Jeret "Speedy" Peterson (freestyle skiing/aerials/Boise, Idaho); Katie Uhlaender (skeleton/Breckenridge, Colo.); Seth Wescott (snowboard/snowboardcross/Carrabassett Valley, Maine) and Chris Witty (long track speedskating/West Allis, Wis.).

"The results are in and I'm thrilled with the viewers decision," said Trump, executive producer, "The Apprentice." "We'll see if Angela can ice the competition as we take the boardroom to the West Coast."

"It's an honor to have been selected by America - I'll definitely be bringing my Olympic spirit and competitive edge to the game," said Ruggiero.

"I'm delighted to have an Olympian in our cast, especially one who went to Harvard," said Burnett, executive producer, "The Apprentice." "It's a unique hiring opportunity for Donald Trump if she's lucky enough to win. But in order to win, she'll need to be the best of the best as she battles against many motivated and talented job applicants."
    Complete Article

FORT Fogey
    If she doesn't win, Trump will still hire her. He would love to have an Olympic gold winner work in the golf end of his business.

I think she's the winner

I think Angela will not only make it to the final four, she will actually be the winner. It's not only because she is sensible and low key, but she has also earned Trump's respect. Apart from admiring her for her achievement in sports, he doesn't dare make any jokes at her expense, something he has been doing with the others. I believe the other three of the final four will be Heidi, who is of too unstable quality to win, Tim, and either Nicole or Stefani. Probably Nicole over Stefani. Tim may still win, although I truly think it's Angela who will. She is a no-nonsense person and a born leader.

Sheila

FORT Fogey
    I don't see Angela as a born leader; she is very much in the background. I do think she will have a position in Trump world. I can see him hiring her for his golf business. He is dazzled to have a gold medal winner in his midst and he wants her in his collection. I cannot see him treating her with disrespect but he may be forced to fire her. And it will be, I am sorry to have to do this, I think you are great yada, yada, yada.

I think maybe Angela is trying to stay a little in the background, but in the future will step up and show how she is as a leader. I completely agree that Trump is dazzled by her. He loves a winner, and someone winning an Olympic medal is someone he can respect. Also, he loves golf, and she is definitely a sportswoman. I can easily see her going all the way (to the apprenticeship, I mean -- get your mind out of the gutter! )

The fact that Angela indeed looks as though she stays in the background may be related to editing. What I have found in common among previous winners is that during the process Trump respected them and never as much as made fun of them. Or at least I don't remember this, but someone else may remember more. In this case, Angela is indeed the one respected, and besides, Trump is very much into the winner mentality. He's made too much fun of Nicole and Tim, has challenged Heidi too much to the point of openly criticizing her, while I don't see him as respecting either Frank or James. Kristine is going to go next, there is not doubt about it, and as for Stefani, she is too much of a non-entity, in my opinion, and I don't think this is due to editing. There is little doubt that Trump admires Angela, but yes, if he fires her, he will do so in a gentle way compared to what he usually does.

Sheila

FORT Newbie
    Quote Originally Posted by Dogbat;2293310;
    I don't see Angela as a born leader; she is very much in the background. I do think she will have a position in Trump world. I can see him hiring her for his golf business. He is dazzled to have a gold medal winner in his midst and he wants her in his collection. I cannot see him treating her with disrespect but he may be forced to fire her. And it will be, I am sorry to have to do this, I think you are great yada, yada, yada.
    think so.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast