+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 34 1234567891011 ... LastLast

Thread: Raj

Raj

Vail, CO/Philadelphia, PA

Age 28

Real Estate Developer

Raj, 28, received his secondary education at The Hill School, a boarding school outside Philadelphia, and later earned degrees in both Economics and History from Boston College. Moving on from a successful stint in investment banking at the firm of Violy & Co. in New York, Raj founded Automovia Technology Partners at the age of 23. The company worked closely with some of the largest and most respected firms in the automotive industry to develop custom-built cutting-edge technology related to the valuation and distribution of pre-owned automobiles.

After his time in the technology sector, Raj turned his focus to real estate and created Vanquish Enterprises. This led to the acquisition of a hotel, retail, and condominium project in Vail, CO. Through an extensive renovation and repositioning of the asset, the project is on track to increase revenue by three hundred percent.

What is your definition of success?

If, at the end of my life, I have made this country a greater nation, and so the world, I have achieved success. It may sound dated, but it is true.

Who do admire both personally and professionally?

Winston Spencer Churchill. He knew what he believed. (Conviction) His beliefs, as opposed to his great adversary Adolph Hitler, rested upon the best human sentiments.(Decency) He could transmit those beliefs with a staggering and almost breathtaking mastery of the English language. (Skill) He fought indomitably for the best interests of his country despite the risking political oblivion. (Integrity) He made many great mistakes, paid for them dearly, and preserved to achieve still mightier triumphs. (Resilience.) He had an internal compass with set bearings and tremendous resolve and capacity to follow the course. (Strength) He is my hero. Without a doubt.

What did you learn from the last season of The Apprentice?

I learned that I should win this time around.

What has been your biggest challenge in the pursuit of your career goals?

Balancing ideals with pragmatism, and ambition with integrity: I am an idealist, but understand that the better angels of human nature had better keep a keen eye their horned counterparts - and be ready draw the sword to use raw power when necessary. Secondly, being an ambitious man, that natural drive must tempered by continuous review of whether the end is truly justified by the means. The trick is gaining the world without losing ones own soul - and that is quite a feat.

If you had a super power, what would it be and why?

If I HAD a super power, as in a nation, I would probably pick the Russian Empire before the World War I. As Tsar, there was so much opportunity to turn it around.

As for some magical power, I would travel back in time to command an army, preferable Austrian with very substantial numeric superiority (fate, Napoleon said, is on the side of the big battalions) against Napoleon himself. The roar of the artillery, the majesty of the formations of infantry on the advance, the thunder of a cavalry change - all this against the greatest military genius of the age. There just isn't any greater adventure to be had. None. There is, however, no time like the present.

I don't know why, but I am getting a Sam vibe from him.

in banana world
    He likes to show off. I don't like him. And what's up with the bow tie?

Quote Originally Posted by AIWANNABE
    I don't know why, but I am getting a Sam vibe from him.
    Yep. Without even reading his bio, I immediately thought of Sam just by seeing the polka-dot tie with the salmon colored jacket - very quirky.

I agree with the people that said he has a Sam vibe. I think he'll be entertaining but for whatever reason, I don't think he'll even make it to the half way point.

LG.
    he sounds like a pretentious bore. Anyone who refers to Winston Churchill using his middle name is just gunning to be labeled a bore. :rolleyes
    Help fight cystic fibrosis or just learn more about it at the cystic fibrosis foundation website, www.cff.org and help give my little guy a better future.

Caged Mah Jongg Solitaire Champion Maveno's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Raj
    I learned that I should win this time around.
    I hate those answers. Well, we might as well just hand it to him. Game over. :rolleyes

He's too much already.

Bowties are not funny, cute or good looking.
    All things beautiful do not have to be full of color to be noticed; in
    life that which is unnoticed has the most power.

He might be the most successful of anyone in this batch. I am pretty impressed with his resume. However, you gotta have a pretty powerful personality to overcome the polka dot bow tie and that jacket.

Dude, Crockett and Tubbs got cancelled years ago. Lose the pastel!
    "George Oscar Bluth II, aka GOB, featured magician in the best selling videotape, "Girls With Low Self Esteem" invites you to enter his world.
    -- Arrested Development, Season III

Dude, lose the tie.
    He who laughs last thinks slowest

#oldmanbeatdown - Donny BB16

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 34 1234567891011 ... LastLast