+ Reply to Thread

Thread: KFC offers Apprentice runner-up secret recipe for success

KFC offers Apprentice runner-up secret recipe for success

KFC Says: 'You're Hired!' -- The Colonel 'Trumps' Trump Offering One Career-Minded Entrepreneur a Secret Recipe for Success

LOUISVILLE, Ky., April 6 / -- KFC Corporation (KFCC) announced today that it is extending an offer to one of the nation's best and brightest business minds -- the runner-up from this season's hottest new reality show. After seeing the "out-of-the-bucket" thinking exhibited during the most publicly grueling job interview of all time, the company has a real challenge in mind for this would-be corporate titan.

No mere "trumped up" tasks; KFC raises the stakes with the offer of a one-week stint as Chief Sales Officer (CSO). The newly appointed CSO is challenged to help introduce to America one of the biggest new product launches in the company's history -- KFC's Oven Roasted chicken product line.

If the candidate doesn't chicken out, his or her period of employment begins on April 19, 2004. In lieu of the original offer of an annual $250,000 salary, KFC pays its new CSO $25,000 for the week and a year's supply of KFC products, not to mention the bragging rights associated with adding KFC CSO to an already-juicy resume. Once the offer is accepted, he or she no longer has to wing it, but is flown on the KFC corporate jet to the company's Louisville headquarters to work directly with Gregg Dedrick, president and chief concept officer; Scott Bergren, chief marketing and food innovation officer and the entire KFC marketing team.

"We're thrilled about the prospect of teaming one of today's newest and most talented, young executives with a well-respected, American brand like KFC. This also gives the CSO one last chance to prove to Mr. Trump that he made the wrong decision," said Gregg Dedrick, president and chief concept officer.

The new CSO has the ultimate and very real challenge of coming up with a fresh way to sell KFC's Oven Roasted menu items to the entire country, and gets a once-in-a-lifetime opportunity to experience the view at the top of one of the world's most iconic brands.

KFC Background
    KFC Corporation, based in Louisville, Ky., is the world's most popular chicken restaurant chain specializing in Original Recipe, Extra Crispy(TM), Colonel's Crispy Strips and Honey BBQ Wings(R) with home-style sides and freshly made chicken sandwiches. Since its founding by Colonel Harland Sanders in 1952, KFC has been serving customers delicious, already-prepared complete family meals at affordable prices. There are over 11,000 KFC outlets in more than 80 countries and territories around the world serving some eight million customers each day. KFC Corporation is a subsidiary of Yum! Brands, Inc., Louisville, Ky. (NYSE: YUM).

Sounds good..........but I wonder if they will take it

A one-week job. :rolleyes Whoop-de-doo. And If the person came up with a great idea it would be worth a lot more than $25K. KFC is just trying to cash in, and I'm sure they won't be the only ones.
    Last edited by justvisiting; 04-06-2004 at 05:57 PM.

All it is, is a publicity stunt. They don't care about hiring this person, all they want is publicity. Smart Move by KFC.

Checking it all out!
    I wouldn't mind making $25,000 for a 40 hour weeks pay. .
    Mizz Piper

Quote Originally Posted by Mizz Piper
    I wouldn't mind making $25,000 for a 40 hour weeks pay. .
    Who wouldn't? I wouldn't mind making $25K for a month's worj, and I think that applies to most people. But my point was if you created a great ad campaign it would be worth a whole like more than $25K and free chicken for a year. I still say it's a crummy publicity stunt designed to benefit KFC.

Quote Originally Posted by Clipse
    All it is, is a publicity stunt. They don't care about hiring this person, all they want is publicity. Smart Move by KFC.
    VERY smart move. It is like saying "Look X likes our chicken, you will too"

I wonder if they will take it.

KFC would be cashing in on the 13-week exposure sponsored by NBC, Mark Burnett's production company, and Trump himself. KFC should try advertising during The Apprentice as well as offering $25k for a week's worth of CSO (I've heard of CEO, CFO, and CSI, but not CSO) but months worth of publicity. Heck, they are already cashing in by announcing this through a free advertisement disguised as a press release. Kudos to KFC CCO, Gregg Dedrick.

+ Reply to Thread