+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Where are all the underdogs?

Where are all the underdogs?

After reading through the bios, was anyone else disappointed in the lack of variety? We were pitched a show that promised to have street hustlers mixing it up with MBA's. It said that there would be people from 'all walks of life.' What happened? I saw one successful college grad after another. With a scant few exceptions, one bio looked pretty much like the next.

"So and so graduated with honors from *insert prestigious university* with a degree in business/economics/etc and went on to make their fortune in real estate/investing/marketing/etc. Their hobbies are *insert something adventurous or glamorous*"

Where are the high school educated underdogs that I was hoping to see? I thought one of the points of the show was to see how street smarts held up against education in the business world? I didn't even see many people who had to overcome diversity to get where they are in the world. I was hoping to see someone who had smarts and ambition, but had never before been given the opportunity to succeed.

Was anyone else hoping for more scrappers to root for/against, or was I the only one?
    "Luminous beings are we, not this crude matter."- Yoda

"I'll just see where Providence takes me and try to look like I got there confidently." - Craig Ferguson

I'm with you, SG. When they said "street hustlers" I was expecting someone like Renda from Cupid.
    It's such a fine line between stupid, and clever. -- David St. Hubbins

I still think it'll be interesting, because to achieve The Donald's goals each week, they're going to have to be creative, inventive, and think outside the box.

Some of the people who went to business school and have MBA's have had "outside the box thinking" stricken from their brains surgically.

So it'll be neat to see who can do it, and who can't.

Quote Originally Posted by Lucy
    I'm with you, SG. When they said "street hustlers" I was expecting someone like Renda from Cupid.
    Yes! That's exactly what I was expecting. Although I agree with John that it should be entertaining anyway, I'm still disappointed in their homogeneous cast.
    "Luminous beings are we, not this crude matter."- Yoda

"I'll just see where Providence takes me and try to look like I got there confidently." - Craig Ferguson

, SG. I'm actually having problems delineating the teams, and thought for sure they'd have more people who started a business out of their homes and it took off to be something great or something. Still definitely gonna watch (if for no other reason I'm in withdrawal with S7 and King of the Jungle being over ).
    If God is a DJ--life is a dance floor
    Click here to team up with FansOfRealityTV to help fight cancer!
    Watashi wa, sekai wo kaeru.

LG.
    the woman from Miami who started selling real estate at age 18 is one example of someone without an advanced degree (can't remember everyone's bio), but I agree, this is a very well educated group of people, as these are people you would likely expect to be trying to be an up and coming for The Donald.

I wonder how much resume pumping has been going on in the descriptions, as they all sound like fantastic candidates.
    Help fight cystic fibrosis or just learn more about it at the cystic fibrosis foundation website, www.cff.org and help give my little guy a better future.

Maybe they'll take these Harvard grads and see if they can make it as street hustlers.
    It's such a fine line between stupid, and clever. -- David St. Hubbins

Embracing the Inner Geek museumguy's Avatar
    I don't think I would by the Brooklyn Bridge from anyone of these suits fresh from the MBA pool....I bet they all were toss outs from Trump's real job applicant circular file...

I don't think saying that is in any way a compliment..

Even the White House intern lacks scandal....

If they wanted to think outside the box.....the resume would have gone to Bill Gates...

wait I see a sequel.....

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast