+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Where are all the underdogs?

It ain't easy being green Wayner's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Lucy
    Maybe they'll take these Harvard grads and see if they can make it as street hustlers.
    I read in Entertainment Weekly that among the tasks they'll have to undertake are things such as running a corner hotdog vending stand; not the sort of thing your typical Harvard MBA is going to be nuts about. I'm looking forward to the show!

Fort Member
    It sounded like a great show and it probably still will be. But I too am disappointed with the bios. Only two appear not to have college degrees. Seems somehow unfair. Dont know why but I expected it to be a bit more half and half. Maybe there just isnt that many successful under 30s out there who dont have degrees.

FORT Newbie

Sam has no advanced official degree

Quote Originally Posted by LG.
    the woman from Miami who started selling real estate at age 18 is one example of someone without an advanced degree (can't remember everyone's bio), but I agree, this is a very well educated group of people, as these are people you would likely expect to be trying to be an up and coming for The Donald.

I wonder how much resume pumping has been going on in the descriptions, as they all sound like fantastic candidates.

Sam also does not have an advanced degree- just a BA from Colgate University in Hamilton, NY. He co-founded and then grew what is now a mutli national internet based company with over 40,000 subscribers in the DC area alone- in under 2 years- not bad compared to sitting in some class room reading case studies towards an MBA- you go sam!

Sam Band-wagon is now boarding! Sam Band-wagon is now boarding! All ABBBBBBBBBBOOOAARRRRDDDDD

Embracing the Inner Geek museumguy's Avatar
    Being from Upstate New York, I am familiar with Colgate...and it is a fine school...but his attandance at it...only proves the point star was making...most of the people are graduates of expensive schools...Colgate for example isn't cheap...and expensive schools tend to suggest family money...

It just would have been nice to see a wider variety of candidates...including several who worked there way through one of the many fine state schools in this country......

Quote Originally Posted by museumguy
    Being from Upstate New York, I am familiar with Colgate...and it is a fine school...but his attandance at it...only proves the point star was making...most of the people are graduates of expensive schools...Colgate for example isn't cheap...and expensive schools tend to suggest family money...

It just would have been nice to see a wider variety of candidates...including several who worked there way through one of the many fine state schools in this country......
    I'm also familiar with Colgate. It is a respected Northeastern university, and yes, it is expensive. However, that doesn't always suggest family money. My son was graduated from Columbia University, an Ivy League school. Scholarships and loans helped a great deal to finance that degree.

Hey, even Renda from Cupid had college degrees. But I do wish that there was someone on the show who was just a real old style entreprenour(?)
    Never kick a fresh turd on a hot day---Harry S. Truman

FORT Newbie

bIO on Troy

SG You might want to read the Bio on Troy McClain. He has nothing but a highschool diploma and yet started his own company. Also, I agree that most of the players are all from some fancy college or have some fancy degree. That is why I am interested to see more on the kid from Boise.

Embracing the Inner Geek museumguy's Avatar
    Florimel, I agree that there are many people going to the most expensive schools with Scholarships and loans....

Its just alot harder to buy your first building or start your own company with the credit rating you wind up with owing four years of those sorts of tuition loans owed to the bank....

I dont even know what this show is about, can someone explain it to me?

Read the press release, posted here, eatmorchiken. There's no need for one of us to hold your hand.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast