+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 32 1234567891011 ... LastLast

Thread: Sam Solovey (Chevy Chase, MD)

Sam Solovey (Chevy Chase, MD)

Sam, 27, grew up in the suburbs of Washington, DC. the youngest of three children. Following graduation from Colgate University, Sam headed to New York City to work for Accenture (formerly Andersen Consulting). After a year in the corporate world, he returned to the DC area in 1999 and co-founded an Internet media company called Potomac Tech Wire, with sister Tech Wires since launched in seven other markets in the U.S. and Europe. Sam oversees sales and business development for all the Tech Wires but says his true passion is talk radio, having hosted an innovative radio program, titled The Untrained Psychologist, during his days at Colgate.

Last edited by John; 12-15-2003 at 09:27 PM.

LG.
    talk radio? Guessing this guy likes to hear himself talk. :rolleyes
    Help fight cystic fibrosis or just learn more about it at the cystic fibrosis foundation website, www.cff.org and help give my little guy a better future.

Embracing the Inner Geek museumguy's Avatar
    I dont think a Don Imas wanna be is going to do well in this show

Trivia fact: Sam is also a professional auctioneer. Will that come in handy?

LG.
    an auctioneer too? Sounds like this guy LOVES to hear himself talk.
    Help fight cystic fibrosis or just learn more about it at the cystic fibrosis foundation website, www.cff.org and help give my little guy a better future.

Sam grew up in the suburbs of Washington, DC. the youngest of three children. Following graduation from Colgate University, he headed to New York City to work for Accenture (formerly Andersen Consulting). After a year in the corporate world, Sam returned to the DC area in 1999 and co-founded an Internet media company called Potomac Tech Wire. Tech Wires since launched in seven other markets in the U.S. and Europe. Sam oversees sales and business development for all the Tech Wires but says his true passion is talk radio, having hosted an innovative radio program, titled The Untrained Psychologist, during his days at Colgate.

What is your definition of "success"?
    Success is reaching the top of the mountain that others said I could not climb, taking a deep breath while admiring the view atop, and then asking myself, "Where's the next and even higher peak."

Who do you admire most (personally and/or professionally)?
    Personally: David and Traci Solovey. My parents' tremendous love for one another and their unconditional love for my brother Jon, sister Stacey and me lies at the foundation of my self-confidence, sense of humor, determination and intense passion for life experience. My parents have led successful professional lives as entrepreneurs, but their true legacy is the close-knit family they have cultivated, the values they have instilled in their children and their generoisty to loved ones and the community. My mother and father will always be a centerpiece in my life.

Professionally: My parents, Donald Trump, Benjamin Franklin and Studs Terkel are all at the top of my list... I also admire Howard Stern. He is the Donald Trump of media and despite his critics, he has remained one of the best in the business for his entire career. Early on, radio station managers told him he would fail and that his innovative approach would never work. Despite tough industry regulations, Howard Stern continues to accomplish his on-air goals with ingenuity and determination. He is incredibly loyal to his employees, and they are to him. Whether you love or hate Howard Stern's on-air persona, he inspires a strong response, and that alone is admirable.

What cartoon character do you most relate to and why?
    Wil-E-Coyote: He is the most creative, industrious, ingenious, and dogged, and at the end of the day he and the RoadRunner depart as friends.

LG.
    Katrina picked the Road Runner. It would be funny to pit Katrina and Sam against each other in a room full of Acme products to see who would prevail and if they would be friends at the end, like Sam said. Is Sam delusional on that, as I certainly don't remember Wile E. and Roady heading for happy hour after Wile E. gets smashed with an anvil.

Embracing the Inner Geek museumguy's Avatar
    Putting donald trump and Ben Franklin in the same sentence takes a bigger shovel than I have

FORT Newbie

Sam is the best!

All I have to say to the Sam Haters- is we are keeping a list of you- and when you try to board the Sam Band-wagon in a few weeks we will remember.

"Sam I am"- all the way!!!

Uh oh, our boarding passes will be declined! :rolleyes

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 32 1234567891011 ... LastLast