+ Reply to Thread
Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789
Like Tree81Likes

Thread: 5/19 -FINALE- Show Spoilers

Mr. (Not so) Perfect Snake 3D Champion, Bouncing Balls Champion

Re: 5/19 -FINALE- Show Spoilers

I still don't know who'd be a good choice to replace Trump though if it ever came to that. It may be a lack of knowledge of American billionaires, but I can't really think of anyone.

As much as I'd love to see non-college grad Bill Gates take those reins, British non-college grad Richard Branson would be very challenging -- and hilarious.

So would (college grad) Mark Cuban, for that matter. He and Trump have all out hate wars on Twitter!
    Impossible things are being done every day.

I Bleed Scarlet And Gray FireWoman's Avatar

Id watch Cuban! I like him far more than The Donald.
    cubsfan55 and Pandora2 like this.
    "Irregardless? That's not even a real word. You're affixing the negative prefix 'ir-' to 'regardless', but, as 'regardless' is already negative, it's a logical absurdity!" ~Steve Smith

"Once I swore I would die for you, But I never meant it like this."

Replacing Donald Trump would mean changing too much with the show.
    The only way would be to give the job to George, Ivanka, or Junior.

Cutting it to an hour would be fine.
    "The way to become boring is to say everything." Voltaire

" The greatness of a nation can be judged by the way its animals are treated. "
    Mohandas Gandhi

He activates my yummy!!!! yourefired's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by echo226 View Post
    Trace is also the "Grand Marshall" for the National Memorial Day Parade n Washington D.C. ... and continues to do that Wounded Warriors commercial ... but gives all the money to the Red Cross that currently pays it's CEO almost $700,000 a year plus expenses ... so I guess he paid her salary! Sorry ... but he may come off as a "southern gentleman" to some ... but more of a self serving actor to me.
    I actually agree with you. I don't know if I posted it here or not, but when George Jones died a lot of country music stars (both current and past) came out to pay their respects. Many of them, including John Rich and Loretta Lynn, waited in line like you're supposed to do. Only 2 -- Brad Paislley and Trace Adkins -- insisted on being "whisked in" and going straight to the front of the line. To me that showed the biggest difference between the two CA winners. John is respectful and not so entitled.

Also, did anyone else wonder why Trace Adkins who has millions in the bank needed the assistance of the Red Cross the night of his fire? I would think his family would have just been taken to the Hutton Hotel downtown and put up in the penthouse. I'd hate to think that the volunteers were so involved in the Trace Adkins fire that they did not have anyone to send to a 2 BR house fire for a family making 20,000 a year before taxes. I'm in no way saying that happened, but I did have to wonder why such a well off family got so much attention. The fire was tragic, but it isn't like it was a struggle for them to rebuild the way it would be for some other families.
    Geisha Ninja Sparkle Dance
    Twirling Ninja Sparkle Dance

Quote Originally Posted by yourefired View Post
    I actually agree with you. I don't know if I posted it here or not, but when George Jones died a lot of country music stars (both current and past) came out to pay their respects. Many of them, including John Rich and Loretta Lynn, waited in line like you're supposed to do. Only 2 -- Brad Paislley and Trace Adkins -- insisted on being "whisked in" and going straight to the front of the line. To me that showed the biggest difference between the two CA winners. John is respectful and not so entitled.

Also, did anyone else wonder why Trace Adkins who has millions in the bank needed the assistance of the Red Cross the night of his fire? I would think his family would have just been taken to the Hutton Hotel downtown and put up in the penthouse. I'd hate to think that the volunteers were so involved in the Trace Adkins fire that they did not have anyone to send to a 2 BR house fire for a family making 20,000 a year before taxes. I'm in no way saying that happened, but I did have to wonder why such a well off family got so much attention. The fire was tragic, but it isn't like it was a struggle for them to rebuild the way it would be for some other families.
    What the Red Cross did for me ... was bring me a little kit with some "immediate needs" in it Toothbrush, toothpaste, soap, towel, etc. ... and accepted some burnt mail as adequate ID ... and gave me a signed ID card so I could replace my Drivers Licence etc. Then they gave my name and number to for profit places that helped with the housing ... which insurance pays for.

I was glad to have their help because the local EMA volunteers accidentally let me slip through the cracks.

I suspect that is similar to what they might have done for Trace's family ... just made sure they were settled and turned it over to people who got paid for helping them until the adjuster steps in an gets them a starter check ... and made sure they got positive publicity for it.

Anyway ... my respect for him is nil.
    "The way to become boring is to say everything." Voltaire

" The greatness of a nation can be judged by the way its animals are treated. "
    Mohandas Gandhi

+ Reply to Thread
Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789