+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast
Like Tree81Likes

Thread: 5/19 -FINALE- Show Spoilers

Re: 5/19 -FINALE- Show Spoilers

Quote Originally Posted by navybelle View Post
    I didn't know that Penn had been super negative against Donald after the last time, prompting him to write a letter to him apologizing. Hmmmm. That Donald had to bring it up NOW makes me wonder if it's a bit of a "shame on you" move, because Penn was absolutely stellar this whole season. I'm disappointed in Trump, but I do like Trace and give him due respect. It's just that he wasn't as strong of a player and contributor to his teams as Penn was.

And I wonder what Dennis was referring to about Bret Michaels not appearing? Donald didn't address it after Rodman said it. Did Bret have some hard feelings about going out first? I thought it was pretty crappy to fire him just because he'd won before....
    i sooo agree with you!

Quote Originally Posted by JohnnyK View Post
    Trump is selfish. Not only that, but incredibly delusional.

Then again, Simon Cowell is also selfish. But maybe not as delusional.
    Cowell can also say truthfully his shows have had longer and bigger successes as far as being a top rated show over Trump. I don't think "Idol" has had a 1.9 or less share ever - even without Cowell as a judge.

Originally Posted by AcookerTV
    Here's the key reason I think Trace won over Penn. I think that each season, Trump picks the winner based on who he thinks will get the biggest boost to his career which Trump can then take all the credit for. Piers Morgan was on the verge of getting a deal with CNN when he won. Trump saw that, and picked him so he could claim he went from Trump to CNN. Joan Rivers was working on a comeback with E when she won. Trump knew it, and knew he could take credit for her being more relevant again. Arsenio had the bug to get back into late night, Trump knew it, and chose him so he could take the credit for bringing him back. Bret Michaels even was doing okay career wise, but had just gone through everything with his stroke, was on an upswing of publicity which Trump could latch on to. Trace has just released a new album, and since it's all love songs, it's a bit different from what he's done in the past. The album will do well, an Trump will claim it's because he won. Not only did Penn make the mistake of badmouthing Trump after his first time around on the show, but he also let the cat out of the bag too early that ticket sales for their Vegas show were up. Trump risked that he would not be able to take credit for that being BECAUSE Penn had won. Both men are doing ok career wise, but Trump saw more opportuntiy to take credit for Trace's album sales.
    Trace is also the "Grand Marshall" for the National Memorial Day Parade n Washington D.C. ... and continues to do that Wounded Warriors commercial ... but gives all the money to the Red Cross that currently pays it's CEO almost $700,000 a year plus expenses ... so I guess he paid her salary! Sorry ... but he may come off as a "southern gentleman" to some ... but more of a self serving actor to me.
    "The way to become boring is to say everything." Voltaire

" The greatness of a nation can be judged by the way its animals are treated. "
    Mohandas Gandhi

Kicked out of the hive dzzyedge's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by AcookerTV View Post
    Here's the key reason I think Trace won over Penn. I think that each season, Trump picks the winner based on who he thinks will get the biggest boost to his career which Trump can then take all the credit for. Piers Morgan was on the verge of getting a deal with CNN when he won. Trump saw that, and picked him so he could claim he went from Trump to CNN. Joan Rivers was working on a comeback with E when she won. Trump knew it, and knew he could take credit for her being more relevant again. Arsenio had the bug to get back into late night, Trump knew it, and chose him so he could take the credit for bringing him back. Bret Michaels even was doing okay career wise, but had just gone through everything with his stroke, was on an upswing of publicity which Trump could latch on to. Trace has just released a new album, and since it's all love songs, it's a bit different from what he's done in the past. The album will do well, an Trump will claim it's because he won. Not only did Penn make the mistake of badmouthing Trump after his first time around on the show, but he also let the cat out of the bag too early that ticket sales for their Vegas show were up. Trump risked that he would not be able to take credit for that being BECAUSE Penn had won. Both men are doing ok career wise, but Trump saw more opportuntiy to take credit for Trace's album sales.
    I completely agree! I was a huge fan of CA but I can't watch it anymore. Trump is very transparent, and I personallu hope they cancel this self indulging Trump PR vehicle
    JohnnyK likes this.

Mr. (Not so) Perfect Snake 3D Champion, Bouncing Balls Champion

Well, I love the show. I love the format, I love the idea. That's why I'd rather Trump was replaced than have it cancelled.
    jucamer likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by dzzyedge View Post
    I completely agree! I was a huge fan of CA but I can't watch it anymore. Trump is very transparent, and I personallu hope they cancel this self indulging Trump PR vehicle
    I hope he stops saying its the number one show- he is full of it. I don't miss this show at all, and I really don't miss seeing Trump
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

FORT Fogey

But it is the #1 show! Among competitive reality shows about business competitions that involve NY City real estate developers who have been married three or more times, it's the number one show!
    JunkieGirl and Jexter like this.

Quote Originally Posted by AcookerTV View Post
    But it is the #1 show! Among competitive reality shows about business competitions that involve NY City real estate developers who have been married three or more times, it's the number one show!
    Dang! my mistake, thank for setting me straight!
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by JohnnyK View Post
    Well, I love the show. I love the format, I love the idea. That's why I'd rather Trump was replaced than have it cancelled.
    I remember when this show first started. The beginning scene, the music, the cast, etc. was AMAZING. And the idea of Celebrity Apprentice was great when it was first introduced.

I still really, really like the show. It, Survivor, and Idol are the top 3 competition shows for my tastes (Survivor is the best IMO). I don't even mind Trump - just less of him.

I think it can run a few more years, but it needs to be revamped somehow.

FORT Fogey

I think that if they revamped it by making it a 1 hour show every week except for hte finale, it would be fine. To me, the biggest problem is that they have to put in a lot of boring dragged out stuff in order to make it two hours. When it was first a Celebrity show, it was one hour. As I recall, the season Gene Simmons was on and created a lot of drama, they had a couple of super sized two hour editions because of the drama. On the rare occasion that there IS a lot of drama, that may be fine -- or do a "continuedto next week" episode. But week to week, the show gets BORING because they give way too much time to each element (the prep, the performance, the board room) because they are trying to fill two hours instead of sqeezing the good stuff into one.
    Photobabe likes this.

+ Reply to Thread