+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast
Like Tree81Likes

Thread: 5/19 -FINALE- Show Spoilers

Mr. (Not so) Perfect Bouncing Balls Champion

Re: 5/19 -FINALE- Show Spoilers

Trump is selfish. Not only that, but incredibly delusional.

Then again, Simon Cowell is also selfish. But maybe not as delusional.

Quote Originally Posted by Jexter View Post
    I agree on all points but the last one. I still like the CA but it is due for a revamping of some sort. Minimally, I think there needs to be two changes:

1) stop relying on rolodex connections for fundraising. It limits who can appear on the show and who can actually win.
    2) there is too much "Trump". His schtick is old.

I think there have to be solutions available, although I'm not sure what they would be.

I adore Lisa Rinna. She is actually a pretty amazing person - in mind, body, and spirit. I also like Marilu a ton. I get that she is frustrating at times, but I think navigating life with so much information in one's head would be very, very difficult. And, she only learned that she had the "condition" a few years ago. I think she'd be great fun to hang out with.
    I adore Lisa Rinna too, and I think Lisa should have been in that finale with Penn. Trace only won because he was 2nd place last time and trump wasnt gonna let him be second again. Penn did ten times better in that final task and just has a better attitude and so much more energy/enthusiasm than Trace did.

OMG i hate OMAROSA ! she so upset about Latoya saying something about Michael clarke duncan and yet Omarosa started dancing and said BEAT IT to Latoya. So yeah Omarosa was insulting Michael Jackson! Omarosa is full of crap! ( just needed to vent)

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by AcookerTV View Post
    Here's the key reason I think Trace won over Penn. I think that each season, Trump picks the winner based on who he thinks will get the biggest boost to his career which Trump can then take all the credit for. Piers Morgan was on the verge of getting a deal with CNN when he won. Trump saw that, and picked him so he could claim he went from Trump to CNN. Joan Rivers was working on a comeback with E when she won. Trump knew it, and knew he could take credit for her being more relevant again. Arsenio had the bug to get back into late night, Trump knew it, and chose him so he could take the credit for bringing him back. Bret Michaels even was doing okay career wise, but had just gone through everything with his stroke, was on an upswing of publicity which Trump could latch on to. Trace has just released a new album, and since it's all love songs, it's a bit different from what he's done in the past. The album will do well, an Trump will claim it's because he won. Not only did Penn make the mistake of badmouthing Trump after his first time around on the show, but he also let the cat out of the bag too early that ticket sales for their Vegas show were up. Trump risked that he would not be able to take credit for that being BECAUSE Penn had won. Both men are doing ok career wise, but Trump saw more opportuntiy to take credit for Trace's album sales.
    Excellent! I think you are spot on. How could he possibly take credit for Lil Jon or Lisa. Neither are in a career change or crossroads.

Kip
    FORT Fogey Spider Solitaire Arkadium Champion, Bookworm Champion, Alu`s Revenge Champion, Titans Champion, Sky Blocks Champion

Trace likely made the finals because he was the biggest fundraiser up until that point.

Another change I would like to see to the fundraising challenges is that whatever donations a celebrity brings in, the bulk of it would go to that person's charity. For example, let's say I'm on a team and Penn is the PM. If I bring in $20K in donations, that amount would count toward the team total in donations raised. If my team wins, all $20K goes to my charity. If my team loses, 20% goes to the opposing team's PM's charity, and 80% goes to my charity.

That still gives the PMs plenty of motivation to win (besides not wanting to get fired) because a win gets them 20% of the opposing team's total donations.

That system would also take away a lot of the problems of contestants holding back on fundraising until they're the PM.
    Photobabe likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Kip View Post
    Trace likely made the finals because he was the biggest fundraiser up until that point.

Another change I would like to see to the fundraising challenges is that whatever donations a celebrity brings in, the bulk of it would go to that person's charity. For example, let's say I'm on a team and Penn is the PM. If I bring in $20K in donations, that amount would count toward the team total in donations raised. If my team wins, all $20K goes to my charity. If my team loses, 20% goes to the opposing team's PM's charity, and 80% goes to my charity.

That still gives the PMs plenty of motivation to win (besides not wanting to get fired) because a win gets them 20% of the opposing team's total donations.

That system would also take away a lot of the problems of contestants holding back on fundraising until they're the PM.
    Some challenges gained more funds for the winning PM. It isn't exactly fair to judge based when the challenges don't pay equally.

ETA: Trace also didn't participate in one of the early tasks due to a previous committment ... and "checked out" of a couple of the later ones
    Last edited by echo226; 05-21-2013 at 01:59 PM.
    "The way to become boring is to say everything." Voltaire

" The greatness of a nation can be judged by the way its animals are treated. "
    Mohandas Gandhi

Kip
    FORT Fogey Spider Solitaire Arkadium Champion, Bookworm Champion, Alu`s Revenge Champion, Titans Champion, Sky Blocks Champion

Quote Originally Posted by echo226 View Post
    Some challenges gained more funds for the winning PM. It isn't exactly fair to judge based when the challenges don't pay equally.

ETA: Trace also didn't participate in one of the early tasks due to a previous committment ... and "checked out" of a couple of the later ones
    Yeah, not fair, but Trump has always been about the money. When he says, this year, CA raised X number of dollars, he wants a huge #.

Most contestants are never PMs on a fundraising challenge. I don't recall - do contestants even know if it's going to be a fundraising task when they volunteer to be PM?

They should either make every task a fundraiser, or have the donation amounts increase each task. In the current system, a contestant can win week 1 and the spend the rest of the time resting on their laurels because no one can ever catch up to them in terms of money raised.

FORT Regular

Quote Originally Posted by Mreid1472 View Post
    OMG i hate OMAROSA ! she so upset about Latoya saying something about Michael clarke duncan and yet Omarosa started dancing and said BEAT IT to Latoya. So yeah Omarosa was insulting Michael Jackson! Omarosa is full of crap! ( just needed to vent)
    Whatever Omarosa did or didn't do 10 years ago to help make The Apprentice into the franchise it is, the bottom line is that people are sick of her NOW. She barely got any applause as she walked out or after her "montage" of fighting clips was shown. Even Trump has to realize it at this point

I love the show, but hubby pointed out that the stars raise all the money, do all the work then tRump takes credit for raising all the money.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by AcookerTV View Post
    Here's the key reason I think Trace won over Penn. I think that each season, Trump picks the winner based on who he thinks will get the biggest boost to his career which Trump can then take all the credit for. Piers Morgan was on the verge of getting a deal with CNN when he won. Trump saw that, and picked him so he could claim he went from Trump to CNN. Joan Rivers was working on a comeback with E when she won. Trump knew it, and knew he could take credit for her being more relevant again. Arsenio had the bug to get back into late night, Trump knew it, and chose him so he could take the credit for bringing him back. Bret Michaels even was doing okay career wise, but had just gone through everything with his stroke, was on an upswing of publicity which Trump could latch on to. Trace has just released a new album, and since it's all love songs, it's a bit different from what he's done in the past. The album will do well, an Trump will claim it's because he won. Not only did Penn make the mistake of badmouthing Trump after his first time around on the show, but he also let the cat out of the bag too early that ticket sales for their Vegas show were up. Trump risked that he would not be able to take credit for that being BECAUSE Penn had won. Both men are doing ok career wise, but Trump saw more opportuntiy to take credit for Trace's album sales.
    You are absolutely right! Trace, in an interview, said that he was just about to release his new album and then CA happened and he had to put that off. Well, no. He must have made the decision to put off the release so he could get some face time on TV first. Certainly you can release an album, it was completed, before you go on a reality show. Much better to wait though. I am sure this was discussed with Trump.

+ Reply to Thread