+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast
Like Tree81Likes

Thread: 5/19 -FINALE- Show Spoilers

Mr. (Not so) Perfect Snake 3D Champion, Bouncing Balls Champion

Re: 5/19 -FINALE- Show Spoilers

I love the show but Trump does ruin everything, I agree. He's such a hypocrite, too. Like someone mentioned before, in Trump's eyes, it's ok to call others Nazis but it isn't ok to call yourself white trash.

Lord Sugar already has the UK Apprentice so I doubt he'd do it here, too. I'm thinking Americans.

Mr. (Not so) Perfect Snake 3D Champion, Bouncing Balls Champion

Quote Originally Posted by AcookerTV View Post
    Here's the key reason I think Trace won over Penn. I think that each season, Trump picks the winner based on who he thinks will get the biggest boost to his career which Trump can then take all the credit for. Piers Morgan was on the verge of getting a deal with CNN when he won. Trump saw that, and picked him so he could claim he went from Trump to CNN. Joan Rivers was working on a comeback with E when she won. Trump knew it, and knew he could take credit for her being more relevant again. Arsenio had the bug to get back into late night, Trump knew it, and chose him so he could take the credit for bringing him back. Bret Michaels even was doing okay career wise, but had just gone through everything with his stroke, was on an upswing of publicity which Trump could latch on to. Trace has just released a new album, and since it's all love songs, it's a bit different from what he's done in the past. The album will do well, an Trump will claim it's because he won. Not only did Penn make the mistake of badmouthing Trump after his first time around on the show, but he also let the cat out of the bag too early that ticket sales for their Vegas show were up. Trump risked that he would not be able to take credit for that being BECAUSE Penn had won. Both men are doing ok career wise, but Trump saw more opportuntiy to take credit for Trace's album sales.
    Very interesting observation. Seems right.

I guess that's how we'll be predicting next season's winner.

FORT Fogey

The finale got a 1.5 rating. The previous episode got a 1.3 rating.

Quote Originally Posted by Shoepie View Post
    The ice cream sales go to each charity but the prize money only goes to the winner's charity.
    I am still confused about the money.

There was the sale of ice cream/flavor challenge and Walgreen's presented $100,000 to the winner (Penn) correct?

There was a $250,000 prize to the Celebrity Apprentice All Stars winner ... by Trump. (Trace) correct?

So ... what about all the money they pulled in from celebrity donations ... about 1/2 million dollars each ... correct ..? So who gets that?
    "The way to become boring is to say everything." Voltaire

" The greatness of a nation can be judged by the way its animals are treated. "
    Mohandas Gandhi

I was on Team Penn but thought Adkins would win.

The lovefest between them got grating after a while. Although I guess it's a nice contrast compared to Joan Rivers v. Annie Duke and their pistols-at-dawn posture.

TA has a beautiful family. Nice to see his wife and three daughters.

Busse's best was saved for last, but I hope we don't see him again on CA.

Respect for Trump's 100K donation to LJ's charity. That scene was one of the best of the season. Gift + his response + players' response.

The real winner was Tim Tebow.

Lol @ TT's 200K donation over Walgreen's 100K effort.

Liked how Mr. T was still smarting over Baldwin's hack job on his ego. :/

O v. LJ instant catfight was funny.

Lisa did herself proud. She was the pleasant surprise of the season.

Celebrity Apprentice now needs to go out on a high note, but NBC shows seem to die a tediously slow death.
    Kip and Jexter like this.
    "A lady's imagination is very rapid; it jumps from admiration to love, from love to matrimony in a moment." -- Jane Austen

Quote Originally Posted by JohnnyK View Post
    I love the show but Trump does ruin everything, I agree. He's such a hypocrite, too. Like someone mentioned before, in Trump's eyes, it's ok to call others Nazis but it isn't ok to call yourself white trash.

Lord Sugar already has the UK Apprentice so I doubt he'd do it here, too. I'm thinking Americans.
    Yeah I was thinking more "prefect world" scenario, Another thing I like about his Apprentice is that the losing PM gets fired a lot, lot less often. He recognizes that business is about taking risks, and that you can't just go cry in a corner when a risk fails. People trying to fly under the radar are much more likely to get the boot.

Kip
    FORT Fogey Shoot The Gems Hard Champion, Spider Solitaire Arkadium Champion, Sky Blocks Champion

Quote Originally Posted by echo226 View Post
    I am still confused about the money.

There was the sale of ice cream/flavor challenge and Walgreen's presented $100,000 to the winner (Penn) correct?

There was a $250,000 prize to the Celebrity Apprentice All Stars winner ... by Trump. (Trace) correct?

So ... what about all the money they pulled in from celebrity donations ... about 1/2 million dollars each ... correct ..? So who gets that?
    They each got to keep their celebrity donations. So this season of CA, Penn raised about $700K for Opportunity House, and Trace raised about $1.5 million for the Red Cross. I'm glad they do it this way (I don't think they always did). There really were no losers.

In light of today's devastating tornadoes, I think the Red Cross could really use that money. (Not to say that Opportunity House wasn't deserving - it's a fantastic organization and I loved Penn's passion about it, and do hope that they grow it outside of Las Vegas as Penn suggested was a goal).
    Jexter likes this.

Teach your children Uncle David's Avatar

A note: It's Opportunity Village.
    Kip likes this.
    The funniest thing about this particular signature is that by the time you realise it doesn't say anything it's too late to stop reading it.

I have a new love now JunkieGirl's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Shoepie
    Okay, this is hysterical. Trump was on Wendy Williams Friday promoting the finale and show in general. Again he goes on about #1 rated show. In his self agrandizing he mentions how celebrities have benefited from being on the show. Look at Trace, he went on to become a great country star!!! Seriouly, he said that. And he claimed that he turns celebs down at the rate of 5 to 1, to be cast. So why, then, does he choose those we have to google?
    I saw that episode too and thought T-Rump was ridiculous for saying that about Trace. I especially loved the twitter taunting of Mark Cuban too. T-Rump was bragging about how his ratings were so much better than Shark Tank's. CA had something like 5.65 million viewers and Shark Tank had 5.3 million. Yes, THAT is such a big difference. Not to mention that CA ratings have been dropping every season and ST has only been on for 3 years. The man is insufferable and delusional. Can't watch him anymore and millions of Americans agree with that sentiment.

ETA: Shark Tank's finale got a 1.9/7 share and 6.68 million viewers. CA got 1.5/4 share 5.26 million viewers. HAHA T-Rump loses another battle!
    Last edited by JunkieGirl; 05-21-2013 at 12:25 AM.
    Shoepie and AlwaysVeg like this.
    Sheldon Cooper: Woman, you're playing with forces beyond your ken

Penny: Yeah, well your Ken can kiss my Barbie.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by CharmOffensive View Post
    I was on Team Penn but thought Adkins would win.

The lovefest between them got grating after a while. Although I guess it's a nice contrast compared to Joan Rivers v. Annie Duke and their pistols-at-dawn posture.

TA has a beautiful family. Nice to see his wife and three daughters.

Busse's best was saved for last, but I hope we don't see him again on CA.

Respect for Trump's 100K donation to LJ's charity. That scene was one of the best of the season. Gift + his response + players' response.

The real winner was Tim Tebow.

Lol @ TT's 200K donation over Walgreen's 100K effort.

Liked how Mr. T was still smarting over Baldwin's hack job on his ego. :/

O v. LJ instant catfight was funny.

Lisa did herself proud. She was the pleasant surprise of the season.

Celebrity Apprentice now needs to go out on a high note, but NBC shows seem to die a tediously slow death.
    I agree on all points but the last one. I still like the CA but it is due for a revamping of some sort. Minimally, I think there needs to be two changes:

1) stop relying on rolodex connections for fundraising. It limits who can appear on the show and who can actually win.
    2) there is too much "Trump". His schtick is old.

I think there have to be solutions available, although I'm not sure what they would be.

I adore Lisa Rinna. She is actually a pretty amazing person - in mind, body, and spirit. I also like Marilu a ton. I get that she is frustrating at times, but I think navigating life with so much information in one's head would be very, very difficult. And, she only learned that she had the "condition" a few years ago. I think she'd be great fun to hang out with.
    Last edited by Jexter; 05-21-2013 at 01:00 AM.

+ Reply to Thread