+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast
Like Tree81Likes

Thread: 5/19 -FINALE- Show Spoilers

FORT Fogey

Re: 5/19 -FINALE- Show Spoilers

Good post, mushy!

Thanks, Shoepie! I do tend to go on about these finales!!
    "Most of us go through life with blinders on. Knowing only that little station to which we were born. But you madam, have had the... rare privilege of escaping your bonds for just a spell. To see life from an entirely new perspective. How you choose to use that information is entirely up to you." -- Andrew to Joanna in Overboard

Quote Originally Posted by Uncle David View Post
    Not sure I agree with you there. The public did get a chance to vote, and they voted for Penn. More importantly, they voted in a more meaningful way than with robo-dialing. They voted with their pocketbooks. More people bought Penn's ice cream than Trace's.

I found Trace a bit arrogant tonight. He made all these claims about how he was better...
    "Going into this last task I think I delivered the best ice cream, I think I made the best commercial, I put on the best show, I brought in the biggest celebrities, and I raised the most money."

Let me point out a couple of things to you Trace...
    More people bought Penn's ice cream than yours!
    Watch Marilu's face as she watched Penn's commercial. She knew immediately that Penn's commercial was better.
    Your 'show' was disjointed, and had nothing to do with the product. Penn's, on the other hand, was a slam dunk!
    And, as to raising the most money, you both raised over half a million for your charities. And as was pointed out, Penn almost matched you raising money for a little known, 'local' charity.

Giving this win to Trace was a travesty.
    I didn't see Penn rolling around on the floor because he was frustrated, like Trace did. Trace was ok but there isn't a creative bone in his body. This whole show is supposed to be about who is more creative about business. Penn did a great job in that department, so did Lil John as far as that goes. Trace did grunt a lot. Most reality shows would be more popular if fairness was part of the mix. Trace's presentation was horrible and so was Gary Busse. Seems if Donald keeps telling us Gary is a genius we will believe him. The guy is not all there. I liked Trump's show better when he had normal people instead of celebrities, I doubt this show will last much longer.

FORT Fogey

I agree that it's a great post Mushbrain. But I slightly disagree on one point - Trump firing people or keeping people around for no good reason. He certainly does do that, and I think that is just as real as everything else that Trace and Penn were talking about. Look at the public relationships and feuds that Trump maintains. People like David Letterman and Howard Stern make fun of him, and he'll pretend to be irritated for a moment, and then go on their shows and laugh it all off. But people like Rosie O'Donnell and Seth Meyers make fun of him, and years later, he'll continue to attack them and nurse the grudge. Those are not just a matter of who responds and keeps the fued going vs who does not, because Rosie always fought back, and Seth has always just ignored his attacks. There's no rhyme or reason to the way Trump treats people in real life, and there's no rhyme or reason to the way he does it on the show either.

On a whole nother subject than who won...
    It has bugged me all season, and again last nigh, that Trump invariably calls Lil Jon "Little Jon". Jon has proven himself to be an intelligent, creative, professional person. So, although I have no use for his type of music, I would show the man the respect to call him by the name he has chosen to use! I fail to see why Trump can't manage that! Everybody else on the show was able to say it right! And Trump got his panties all in a wad because his wife's name was misspelled on 1 task, so, you'd THINK he'd be aware of something like that.
    Last edited by zookeepertx; 05-20-2013 at 12:49 PM.
    Shoepie and jucamer like this.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by zookeepertx View Post
    On a whole nother subject than who won...
    It has bugged me all season, and again last nigh, that Trump invariably calls Lil Jon "Little Jon". Jon has proven himself to be an intelligent, creative, professional person. So, although I have no use for his type of music, I would show the man the respect to call him by the name he has chosen to use! I fail to see why Trump can't manage that! Everybody else on the show was able to say it right! And Trump got his panties all in a wad because his wife's name was misspelled on 1 task, so, you'd THINK he'd be aware of something like that.
    He also calls his buddy Omarosa, Ahmarosa not Oh-mar-osa. She corrects everyone else in a heart beat.

Quote Originally Posted by JohnnyK View Post
    Well, it may be long overdue, but now I'd like to think of Trump replacements for this show. Who would work?
    My vote would be Lord Sugar, host of the British Apprentice. He's about 1,000 times more professional than Donald, and actually docks money from teams for ethical and business missteps.

EDIT: just realized that his name sounds like a pimp or a rapper. It's actually an official title, he's a member of the House of Lords, and formerly Sir Alan Sugar
    Last edited by Badseed; 05-20-2013 at 02:57 PM.

Teach your children Uncle David's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Oceansands View Post
    Penn did a great job in that department, so did Lil John as far as that goes.
    I thought an excellent case could be made for Lil John to be in the finale over Trace.

Quote Originally Posted by Badseed View Post
    My vote would be Lord Sugar, host of the British Apprentice. He's about 1,000 times more professional than Donald, and actually docks money from teams for ethical and business missteps.
    I much prefer the UK version. Even the 'Young Apprentice' is better than what has become of Trump's version.
    AcookerTV likes this.
    The funniest thing about this particular signature is that by the time you realise it doesn't say anything it's too late to stop reading it.

I may be wrong, but I've predicted they wanted Trace to win since the beginning. I think it's for two reasons. A lot of people were upset at the Piers over Trace win and they wanted to win favor with those people so they will keep right on watching. Secondly I think with Hurricane Sandy they wanted a Red Cross win.

I liked both Penn and Trace so I don't really have a problem with Trace winning, but I did think Penn did a much better job over the entire season and on the last task. I don't expect that to matter in who wins though. Trump rarely using good reasoning in his winners.
    Photobabe and sparklete like this.

FORT Fogey

Here's the key reason I think Trace won over Penn. I think that each season, Trump picks the winner based on who he thinks will get the biggest boost to his career which Trump can then take all the credit for. Piers Morgan was on the verge of getting a deal with CNN when he won. Trump saw that, and picked him so he could claim he went from Trump to CNN. Joan Rivers was working on a comeback with E when she won. Trump knew it, and knew he could take credit for her being more relevant again. Arsenio had the bug to get back into late night, Trump knew it, and chose him so he could take the credit for bringing him back. Bret Michaels even was doing okay career wise, but had just gone through everything with his stroke, was on an upswing of publicity which Trump could latch on to. Trace has just released a new album, and since it's all love songs, it's a bit different from what he's done in the past. The album will do well, an Trump will claim it's because he won. Not only did Penn make the mistake of badmouthing Trump after his first time around on the show, but he also let the cat out of the bag too early that ticket sales for their Vegas show were up. Trump risked that he would not be able to take credit for that being BECAUSE Penn had won. Both men are doing ok career wise, but Trump saw more opportuntiy to take credit for Trace's album sales.

+ Reply to Thread