+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast
Like Tree81Likes

Thread: 5/19 -FINALE- Show Spoilers

FORT Fan

Re: 5/19 -FINALE- Show Spoilers

I watched last night but I didn't see last week, so could someone explain the money thing to me? Usually whoever wins the task gets to present all that money to their charity, but even though Penn and Trace each raised over half a million, there were several times last night when it was said "$250,000 will go to the winner's charity." Well then, what happened to all the rest of the money? Did each one get to give what they raised to their own charity? What was the $250,000 comment?

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by judibug View Post
    I watched last night but I didn't see last week, so could someone explain the money thing to me? Usually whoever wins the task gets to present all that money to their charity, but even though Penn and Trace each raised over half a million, there were several times last night when it was said "$250,000 will go to the winner's charity." Well then, what happened to all the rest of the money? Did each one get to give what they raised to their own charity? What was the $250,000 comment?
    The ice cream sales go to each charity but the prize money only goes to the winner's charity.

FORT Fan

Oh, right, the overall prize for winning the season. Duh. Should have thought of that.

FORT Fogey

Congratulations Trace!

This is the fourth reality show in a row that my favorite has won. I should be planning a trip to Vegas soon ...

My only regret is that Trace's competition in the final was Penn. I'm also a huge Penn fan, and against anybody else this season, would have been all about Penn winning. But, Penn himself said the Penn/Teller show saw a 30% increase after his first appearance on CA, so I'm sure after this go-round he'll do just as well or better. Congratulations Penn, on a season well-played.
    Kip likes this.
    This isnt the Sound of freaking Music were watching.......sdl

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

It's time for this show to be gone. Trump ruins things for everybody.
    Florimel, Shoepie and AlwaysVeg like this.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by prhoshay View Post
    It's time for this show to be gone. Trump ruins things for everybody.
    I often feel done with a show when it ends and never want to see it again, too. This show is no exception. On the bright side there are new ones starting next week and will run through the summer. Bachelorette , HGTV Star, Whodoneit, BB and some that just started.
    Last edited by Arielflies; 05-20-2013 at 12:00 PM.

Maybe I'm just seriously sick of seeing Trump.
    Shoepie likes this.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by prhoshay View Post
    Maybe I'm just seriously sick of seeing Trump.
    Yeah, I am, too. Andy Cohen was giving his guests a quiz showing baby/younger pics of famous people and giving hints. Richest man in the US (Bill Gates) but the guest answered Trump. Andy laughed loudly and made a comment as to their ignorance! Many think he has more money than he does. He works with borrowed money and financing what he owns which is debt basically.

The outcome was clearly pre-determined. Everything about Penn's execution of the task was professional and on point. Trace's commercial was just bizarre and embarrassing. It doesn't bother me terribly that Trace won, but based on the criteria, I think Penn did a far better job. As someone said earlier, no way would Trump have Trace finish in second place twice. I'm just really happy that Penn raised so much for his charity.

A few thoughts about the finale and season:

It was nice to see Trace and Penn's genuine admiration and respect for each other.

It was very strange when Trace and Penn sat in the boardroom talking about how "real" CA is. They repeated that on the live show. Maybe all the work they have to do for the tasks is real, but Trump's bias is apparent and his rationale for firings is completely predictable. I think Trace and Penn and everybody knows that Trump keeps some people around solely for the controversy, drama and their perceived entertainment value (cough Omarosa cough Gary) whether they are deserving of staying or not. That doesn't exactly scream "real" to me.

If Trump never looks at the "script" or "talking points" or whatever the heck is on that paper he held up in the boardroom, why does he even bother to bring it with him?

How completely condescending does Trump sound when he tells people he is so very proud of them? He acts like he is bestowing the highest honor known to man upon his lowly subjects. Blech.

If I never see Omarosa again it will be too soon. As a VERY petty observation, which Miss USA pageant contestant did she steal that gown from?

WTF with Trump complimenting Dennis on his friendship with Kim Jong-un??? And WTF with Dennis saying that he likes the guy cause he was nice to him? That's great, Dennis. Don't worry that pretty little head of yours thinking about your dictator friend wanting to blow South Korea and probably lots of other places to smithereens.

Another burning question: Tim Tebow? Tim Freaking Tebow?? REALLY??? That's the best Trace could do? I guess Tebow is a big deal in Christian circles, but his name doesn't exactly leap to mind when I think of star power. And who the heck was the donor who gave Tebow that huge check to bring to Trace? I'll go out on a limb and guess that wasn't his money. (Although he WAS offered a very lucrative deal to play for the Nebraska Omaha Beef indoor football team for $75 a game.) Was anyone on the edge of their seat wondering if Tebow would show up on time??

I was shocked Trump didn't say anything about Lisa's lips.

Finally, I grew sick and weary of everyone using "crazy Gary" as a crutch this season. Maybe they thought that was the easiest way to control him during a task, but it was, at best, just plain lazy. Worse than that, they turned the man into a sideshow act. "Hey everyone, step right up and watch us exploit the brain-damaged, Academy Award-nominated 'genius' and slappy, happy guy! He will astound you with his nonsensical ravings!" Ugh. It was sad and uncomfortable.

Mushybrain out.
    Last edited by mushybrain; 05-20-2013 at 12:10 PM.
    Shoepie and jucamer like this.
    "Most of us go through life with blinders on. Knowing only that little station to which we were born. But you madam, have had the... rare privilege of escaping your bonds for just a spell. To see life from an entirely new perspective. How you choose to use that information is entirely up to you." -- Andrew to Joanna in Overboard

Not that wild about Adkins ....even less so about Penn . Preferred that Adkins win. LOVE ICE CREAM, THOUGH!!!

+ Reply to Thread