+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast
Like Tree81Likes

Thread: 5/19 -FINALE- Show Spoilers

FORT Fogey

Re: 5/19 -FINALE- Show Spoilers

Ah well, I was rooting for Penn. I missed Trump talking about Penn's negative comments and subsequent letter. I dozed off a couple of times.

Gary did a poor job in the video, absolutely terrible. Walgreens really thought it had potential of going viral? I have to believe they were fishing for something good to say. His song was beyond bad, as well. Penn's presentation was better by a long shot.

I never want to see Gary, Omarosa or LaToya again. They all irritate me. Not liking LaToya has nothing to do with her quip, in anger, that O probably caused his heart attack. pffffffft She was angry, so what?

Good season though. I am particularly impressed with Penn's charity for a couple of reasons. It does not support a CEO, board of directors and large payroll so you know the money is going directly to the people who benefit. That is always the question with large charities. I am leaving the Red Cross out of this critique, they are in a different catagory. Breast Cancer Awarness is in my rifle site. We are aware, for god sakes, it has been shoved down our throats daily for over 2 decades! Raise money for women who cannot afford the treatment and reconstruction that is necessary. Let Angelina Jolie be the final blitz on awareness, please! We get it people!

And it is dear to Penn's heart. I am all for giving close to home. And of course his ice cream won, chocolate is more popular than maple. I like them both, however.

I used to like Marilou but I now see her differently. I don't dislike her, just don't have the fondness I once did.

Okay, this is hysterical. Trump was on Wendy Williams Friday promoting the finale and show in general. Again he goes on about #1 rated show. In his self agrandizing he mentions how celebrities have benefited from being on the show. Look at Trace, he went on to become a great country star!!! Seriouly, he said that. And he claimed that he turns celebs down at the rate of 5 to 1, to be cast. So why, then, does he choose those we have to google?
    Last edited by Shoepie; 05-20-2013 at 03:00 AM.
    Kip likes this.

Teach your children Uncle David's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by JohnnyK View Post
    Well, if it was a public vote between Penn and Trace, Trace would probably win. So, you know what I mean.
    Not sure I agree with you there. The public did get a chance to vote, and they voted for Penn. More importantly, they voted in a more meaningful way than with robo-dialing. They voted with their pocketbooks. More people bought Penn's ice cream than Trace's.

I found Trace a bit arrogant tonight. He made all these claims about how he was better...
    "Going into this last task I think I delivered the best ice cream, I think I made the best commercial, I put on the best show, I brought in the biggest celebrities, and I raised the most money."

Let me point out a couple of things to you Trace...
    More people bought Penn's ice cream than yours!
    Watch Marilu's face as she watched Penn's commercial. She knew immediately that Penn's commercial was better.
    Your 'show' was disjointed, and had nothing to do with the product. Penn's, on the other hand, was a slam dunk!
    And, as to raising the most money, you both raised over half a million for your charities. And as was pointed out, Penn almost matched you raising money for a little known, 'local' charity.

Giving this win to Trace was a travesty.
    The funniest thing about this particular signature is that by the time you realise it doesn't say anything it's too late to stop reading it.

Mr. (Not so) Perfect Snake 3D Champion, Bouncing Balls Champion

Well, it may be long overdue, but now I'd like to think of Trump replacements for this show. Who would work?

Mr. (Not so) Perfect Snake 3D Champion, Bouncing Balls Champion

Quote Originally Posted by JunkieGirl View Post
    I only watched the last half hour and knew Trace would win when T-Rump mentioned that Penn had been negative towards him. T-Rump only tolerates a$$-kissers not someone who has criticized him, which is not to say that Trace is an a$$-er. Because of that, it seemed like T-Rump set Penn up to fail. What a freaking lunatic!
    Well it appears that not kissing Trump's ass is the deadliest of all sins in the land of Trump. Everyone has to agree with everything he says, no matter how ridiculous it may be.
    AlwaysVeg likes this.

FORT Fogey

Count me in as another one who would vote for Penn over Trace in a nationwide poll. I do like that Trace conducts himself as a gentleman for the most part, but I do think he comes across as a bit arrogant at times. On the other hand, Penn just wows me with the way he can be firm in what he believes, take on controversial topics, and do it all in a way that is respectful and NOT insulting to other people. I think that Trump wanted Trace to win since he'd been a runner up, and was going to do what was needed to make it happen. He did fine when he was in charge, but he certainly did coast and not make much effort for the last few tasks where he was not PM. The final question explained it all. Trump is a petty little man who got his feelings hurt because Penn called it like it is with Trump. He wanted to get revenge, and thinks he got it. of course, Penn knows his value before he ever went on Celebrity Apprentice, so I'm guessing he's over it by now.
    Uncle David, Quemoni and Photobabe like this.

FORT Fogey

I don't think Penn is bothered by not winning at all. The money he raised for that tiny chairity is plenty reward, huge.

I would love to see both letters he wrote Trump.

Thanks for the great posts folks. I didn't watch last night because 1. I had heard Omarosa would be there and 2. Because I figured Trace would win. I don't have anything against Trace, but it seem obvious he had been doing as little as possible the previous few weeks while Penn always made a huge effort. Sounds like it was just like the Joan Rivers/ Annie (poker player) result. Ther winner was chosen because Trump liked them better, not because they deserved the win.
    Uncle David likes this.
    Whoever said diamonds are a girls best friend...never owned a dog.

...Ther winner was chosen because Trump liked them better, not because they deserved the win.
    Exactly like last season with Clay Aiken and Arsenio Hall. Clay deserved the win but didn't get it because Trump liked Arsenio more.

FORT Fogey

It is Trumps show and the winner is always subjective unless someone fails miserably and that has not happened yet. It was clear to all that Penn's commercial was far superior. It was actually good by any standards; I would not be surprised to see it used.

I don't think Trace is arrogant. He has a dry wit that is often misread. Of course he said he was the best when asked! Trump takes a dim view of people who do not fight for themselves.

I like that Penn and Teller have a policy that everyone waits their turn for tickets. No one gets priority treatment, no matter who you are. Way to go boys!

FORT Fogey

I don't see arrogance in Trace because he said he was the best. LIke you said, I would not trust a finalist who didn't argue that. I see arrogance in Trace because he seems to show disgusts towards anyone/anything that doesn't fall in to his way of thinking. I listened to him on a couple of interviews last week, and when members of the radio show would say or do something different from him, he seemed to dismiss it as stupid. There's a huge contrast between the way that Penn can approach something such as "I'm an atheist ... but I understand that you believe in God. We disagree, but i respect you, tell me about your beliefs" and the way Trace would approach it of "I'm a God-fearing Christian man. You don't beleive in God? Idiot". Sure, it's a dry wit - but it's a wit that doesn't show a lot of respect for people who are different from him. That disgust he shows comes across to me as an arrogant belief that his way is the best / only way.
    Uncle David, Badseed and AlwaysVeg like this.

+ Reply to Thread