+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Like Tree27Likes

Thread: 5/12 Show Spoilers

Re: 5/12 Show Spoilers

I'm hoping Penn wins but I don't think that's who Mr. Mop-Head Trump wants.
    Penn has given every challenge 100% (unlike Lou Ferrigno who gave 110%) and Trace did not.
    Plain and simple.
    And I love Trace.
    livin4reality and navybelle like this.

FORT Fogey

So I guess there is no rep from Duane Reed (Walgreens) involved in the judging? That is unusual.

I am torn as to who I think will win. It will come down to the party and and who shows up, I am sure. Or that is what Trump will claim. There is some wisdom in not allowing Trace to come in second twice, I suppose. Does Trump want more country stars in his pocket (he thinks) or Vegas? Smart money is on Nashville.

If Trace can get Dolly Parton he has it in the bag and I bet he will. The editing led us to believe he was having trouble finiding stars, pffffft. Penn will get some Vegas stars and show girls but Wayne Newton is not going to register in the star power catagory!

Penn could gather some magicians and put on a good magic show and that will go far.

It is likely that people will buy a pint of each flavor to taste and the sales will be pretty even. A vanilla based ice cream that boasts swirls of turtles and does not deliver should be fined by the desert police. I hate that and have never trusted a vanilla base, ever. The macadamia maple appeals to me much more in description alone.

I don't see this as a slam dunk yet. The minute I see Dolly, I will know.

Kip
    FORT Fogey Spider Solitaire Arkadium Champion, Bookworm Champion, Alu`s Revenge Champion, Titans Champion, Sky Blocks Champion

I love both Trace and Penn and would be happy with either as the winner. They're very different people, but I see a lot of similarities between them. I do think Trump will pick Trace, but I'd love to see this one called a draw with two winners.

I think a lot of Apprentice viewers would buy both ice creams to compare (I would if there was a Walgreen's in my town), and some will buy the ice cream of whomever they want to see win. The Red Cross is exhorting people to go out and buy Trace's ice cream to try to win an extra $100K for the Red Cross, and people are tweeting in photos of themselves with the ice cream. I saw several photos of bags of ice cream where people bought out all of Trace's ice cream on the shelf. I would think Opportunity House is doing something similar, but they don't have the reach of the Red Cross with all of their state and local chapters.

I knew nothing of Trace other than from what I've seen on CA. Last night I looked him up on wikipedia. Wow, has he gone through some stuff - good material for country songs I suppose. "...He lost the pinky finger on his left hand in an accident while using a knife to open a bucket, and asked doctors to reattach the finger at an angle so that he could continue to play guitar....As a youth, Trace was in an automobile accident in which his 1955 pickup truck hit a bus head-on. Both his arms, a leg, and some ribs were broken and his nose was partially torn off....He has also experienced a number of serious injuries as an adult, including being shot by his ex-wife in 1994.[30] The bullet went through his heart and both lungs. He survived and chose not to press charges...."

FORT Fogey

I went to Walgreens last night to buy Penn's ice cream. I bought it because the flavor sounded really good, and it is FANTASTIC. I had no desire to buy Trace's because the flavor doesn't sound good to me at all. I did end up buying a few extra pints of Penn's ice cream more than I planned because 1) I'm impressed with Penn's passion for the charity and 2) it was on sale, and I figured if it was as good as I imagined it would be, I'd want more. I'm glad I did! AT the store I went to, there was a lot more of Trace's flavor still on the shelf than there was Penn's. After I grabbed my four, there were only 2 of Penn's flavor left.

Does the Maple Macadamia actually have macadamia nuts in it or just "flavored" ?

I do not like any kind of swirled (or swurtled} ice cream.. If I want chocolate with my vanilla ... I'll add topping and/or sprinkles.

I may go out to Walgreen's to try some.
    "The way to become boring is to say everything." Voltaire

" The greatness of a nation can be judged by the way its animals are treated. "
    Mohandas Gandhi

Quote Originally Posted by Kip View Post
    I love both Trace and Penn and would be happy with either as the winner. They're very different people, but I see a lot of similarities between them. I do think Trump will pick Trace, but I'd love to see this one called a draw with two winners.

I think a lot of Apprentice viewers would buy both ice creams to compare (I would if there was a Walgreen's in my town), and some will buy the ice cream of whomever they want to see win. The Red Cross is exhorting people to go out and buy Trace's ice cream to try to win an extra $100K for the Red Cross, and people are tweeting in photos of themselves with the ice cream. I saw several photos of bags of ice cream where people bought out all of Trace's ice cream on the shelf. I would think Opportunity House is doing something similar, but they don't have the reach of the Red Cross with all of their state and local chapters.

I knew nothing of Trace other than from what I've seen on CA. Last night I looked him up on wikipedia. Wow, has he gone through some stuff - good material for country songs I suppose. "...He lost the pinky finger on his left hand in an accident while using a knife to open a bucket, and asked doctors to reattach the finger at an angle so that he could continue to play guitar....As a youth, Trace was in an automobile accident in which his 1955 pickup truck hit a bus head-on. Both his arms, a leg, and some ribs were broken and his nose was partially torn off....He has also experienced a number of serious injuries as an adult, including being shot by his ex-wife in 1994.[30] The bullet went through his heart and both lungs. He survived and chose not to press charges...."
    Not to mention his troubles with alcohol and drugs....I think you're right about having a lot of country songs in him due to what he's experienced in life.
    I really like and won't be disappointed if he wins.....I just think Penn has done more but I like them both.
    jucamer likes this.

FORT Fogey

Trump is 6'3"....Ivana 6'0....Ivanka 5'11"....Donald Jr 6'1"

Very tall family. I was compelled to look this up when I saw Trump standing next to Wendy in heels and they were the same height. You cannot tell on TV how tall anyone is unless they are next to some familiar reference.

Quote Originally Posted by Shoepie View Post
    Trump is 6'3"....Ivana 6'0....Ivanka 5'11"....Donald Jr 6'1"

Very tall family. I was compelled to look this up when I saw Trump standing next to Wendy in heels and they were the same height. You cannot tell on TV how tall anyone is unless they are next to some familiar reference.
    No kidding! I didn't know their heights and actually thought Don Jr. was short!

Kip
    FORT Fogey Spider Solitaire Arkadium Champion, Bookworm Champion, Alu`s Revenge Champion, Titans Champion, Sky Blocks Champion

I didn't know their heights either. I would have guessed Trump's height at 5'10" for 5"11.

Whoa, WHAT is Dennis Rodman wearing? That guy is bizarre! I don't get him at all.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast