+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
Like Tree37Likes

Thread: 5/5 show spoilers

FORT Fogey

5/5 show spoilers

The CEO of Foxwood has to be the strangest looking man I have yet to see. He would be cast as the evil guy in movies. His hair cut even emphasized his strange head shape. I hit pause a few times to stare. Oh my. Surely his hair stylist has tried to talk him into some side burns and longer hair on the sides to no avail.

Interesting that Lisa did not sample one bite of food and the editing was clever in showing that. The chef said, just take one, can't you? Her reply was, oh I will and immediately redirected herself as if busy in the moment. I am not surprised that she has a strict eating regime to maintain that beautiful body, probably killer workouts, too.

It was clear from the start that Lisa and Penn would win and Marilou would be fired. Slam dunk. It almost seemed as if Trace and Lil Jon wanted that to happen; they both lost their steam and didn't seem to care much for this project.

Was that Teller's voice we heard on the phone or a man traveling with him? Interesting.

I chuckled to myself when I saw the food at the King gathering. It was overloaded with desserts and had black and white cookies! Ugh.
    It looked like a bad hotel buffet.

John Rich made a good point in not allowing Penn to get The Joker. However, if that could have even been accomplished Penn would have come up with the same entertaiment and food for another choice, I am sure.

Chess? CHESS?
    mom2, Kip, nanaslbkp and 1 others like this.

FORT Fogey

Re: 5/5 show spoilers

I only watched this episode for a few minutes. Lisa licked her upper lip twice. I was repelled by the sight.

Urban Renewal - a new era BuckeyeAddict's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Shoepie View Post
    The CEO of Foxwood has to be the strangest looking man I have yet to see. He would be cast as the evil guy in movies. His hair cut even emphasized his strange head shape. I hit pause a few times to stare. Oh my. Surely his hair stylist has tried to talk him into some side burns and longer hair on the sides to no avail.

Interesting that Lisa did not sample one bite of food and the editing was clever in showing that. The chef said, just take one, can't you? Her reply was, oh I will and immediately redirected herself as if busy in the moment. I am not surprised that she has a strict eating regime to maintain that beautiful body, probably killer workouts, too.

It was clear from the start that Lisa and Penn would win and Marilou would be fired. Slam dunk. It almost seemed as if Trace and Lil Jon wanted that to happen; they both lost their steam and didn't seem to care much for this project.

Was that Teller's voice we heard on the phone or a man traveling with him? Interesting.

I chuckled to myself when I saw the food at the King gathering. It was overloaded with desserts and had black and white cookies! Ugh.
    It looked like a bad hotel buffet.

John Rich made a good point in not allowing Penn to get The Joker. However, if that could have even been accomplished Penn would have come up with the same entertaiment and food for another choice, I am sure.

Chess? CHESS?
    Oh, I so agree with everything you said! Especially about the strangeness of the Foxwood CEO. That haircut did not help at all. Is his hairstylist a sadist? I also wondered if maybe the CEO has has plastic surgery. I just saw something over the weekend about a guy who is getting plastic surgery to look like Ken (like the one woman who is trying to look like Barbie). He was very strange looking too.

I do believe that was Teller's voice on the phone. I've heard him speak before, but not enough to be able to recognize his voice. Only to say that he DOES have a voice! It's just part of their schtick for him to be the silent partner.

Yes, the chess idea was a poor one. She sure kept defending it though!

And correct me if my memory is failing me. I thought the CEOs were raving over the entertainment in the King Suite - the country guy. Yet there was a lot of discussion about how Trace brought in fairly lame entertainment. That was confusing to me.
    Everything has an end. Only the sausage has two. - Monroe, from Grimm

I couldn't believe Marilu had chess in that suite and thought that would be a winning idea! Even Penn and Lisa recognized early on that they were the clear winners, probably when they heard about the chess! While Trace did seem a bit tired it didn't appear like he wasn't working. Maybe he was a curmedgeon because it was difficult to support such crazy ideas. Marilu's ideas sounded like caricature of what a king suite would be, or maybe for a little kid's party.

John Rich proved again why he won. He tried to give Marilu the hint about Lil John but she didn't take it. It was interesting to hear him blame her for not knowing enough about her teammates or using the celebrity apprentice name. He said he tried to get to know his teammates really well to know what all their tools were he could use. Very great advice for any future celebrity apprentice contestents.
    jucamer and lizardcat like this.

Agreed re the Foxwood CEO--he creeped me out. Quite a contrast to the foxy Foxwood chairman.

I was disappointed in Marilu last night--not just her terrible ideas (justCoz, "little kid's party" nails it!), but for her cluelessness in the boardroom. It was obvious she was going to be fired, so she should have saved herself the embarrassment. I also don't think it was cool to be mad at Lil Jon and Trace. Yes, they were kind of checked out, but she wouldn't let them get a word in edgewise, and neither of them is going to fight for a say like, say, Stephen Baldwin. (Not to imply that any of his ideas had merit.) I think her teacher metaphors were pretty apt, but they worked against her--if the entire class isn't listening to you, then the problem likely lies with you, not them.

Can we make predictions for next week, or is that spoiling?
    Kip and Shoepie like this.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by BuckeyeAddict View Post
    Oh, I so agree with everything you said! Especially about the strangeness of the Foxwood CEO. That haircut did not help at all. Is his hairstylist a sadist? I also wondered if maybe the CEO has has plastic surgery. I just saw something over the weekend about a guy who is getting plastic surgery to look like Ken (like the one woman who is trying to look like Barbie). He was very strange looking too.

I do believe that was Teller's voice on the phone. I've heard him speak before, but not enough to be able to recognize his voice. Only to say that he DOES have a voice! It's just part of their schtick for him to be the silent partner.

Yes, the chess idea was a poor one. She sure kept defending it though!

And correct me if my memory is failing me. I thought the CEOs were raving over the entertainment in the King Suite - the country guy. Yet there was a lot of discussion about how Trace brought in fairly lame entertainment. That was confusing to me.
    Yes, I know Teller speaks but never where he can be heard on TV or in person. That is why I wondered because clearly Penn knew the call was being broadcast. He even said, we are on TV. Perhaps he thought he could be edited out. Ha!

The CEO and the other guy raved about the singer in Marilou's suite because they have to leave the audience wondering who is going to win. And be respectful to this guy, as well.

No plastic surgery for CEO, no way! He just was odd looking; good thing he is smart.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by lizardcat View Post
    Agreed re the Foxwood CEO--he creeped me out. Quite a contrast to the foxy Foxwood chairman.

I was disappointed in Marilu last night--not just her terrible ideas (justCoz, "little kid's party" nails it!), but for her cluelessness in the boardroom. It was obvious she was going to be fired, so she should have saved herself the embarrassment. I also don't think it was cool to be mad at Lil Jon and Trace. Yes, they were kind of checked out, but she wouldn't let them get a word in edgewise, and neither of them is going to fight for a say like, say, Stephen Baldwin. (Not to imply that any of his ideas had merit.) I think her teacher metaphors were pretty apt, but they worked against her--if the entire class isn't listening to you, then the problem likely lies with you, not them.

Can we make predictions for next week, or is that spoiling?
    Spoiling is repeating info that has been leaked. Predict away! I think the F2 are Trace and Penn. Both can pull celebrities out of their pockets much more than the other two. It would make a grander star studded finale. The others cannot beat their connections. Trump wants to see Dolly Pardon and some Vegas headliners.

Best Ever Pool Runner Angry Birds Champion pikachu's Avatar

I can't imagine that Trace will be in the final two. He hasn't seemed very committed this season to me.

I think what his team was saying about the entertainment Trace brought in for this task wasn't lame but that it wasn't enough. He brought in one singer while the other team had lots of special guests. With his connections, Trace should have been able to bring in more.

I think Penn is a lock for final two. The other one might be Lisa or Lil John.

FORT Fogey

This episode got a 1.4 rating.

My prediction is that Trace and Lil Jon get fired first thing next week (the previews said other people would be leaving). It'll be Lisa and Penn, with Penn winning--his list of contacts seems endless, and it seems as though his friends adore him. My guess is that he'll pull in a ton of money.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast