+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Like Tree37Likes

Thread: 5/5 show spoilers

Re: 5/5 show spoilers

Trump seems to be firing all the losing project managers. Kind of takes the mystery out of the whole thing. I actually liked the show better without the celebrities. It is getting more and more rehearsed looking.

Quote Originally Posted by Shoepie View Post
    How are ratings calculated? The days of Neilson drilling a hole through your house to install a box on your TV are over.
    I was selected for Nielsen research about 10 years ago, so this may have changed. What I had to do though was keep a diary in the booklet they gave me of what I watched. It was a pain in the you know where to do, and they said even if you watched I think 5-10 minutes you had to record it.

They're honestly a bit skewed to begin with, and it's possible this show is getting the ratings simply because people are watching say 5 mins. of it.

Well either that or they're keeping Trump's "We're the top rated TV show" to hypnotize people into keeping it on.

Will say though it wouldn't be in my book if I was doing it now - Trump's arrogance is doing him in more than any other thing that people don't like about him.

FORT Fogey

I think Nielsen uses the meters where they drill a hole in your house, and they also use the diary booklets. It depends on where you live. Bigger cities get the meters and holes drilled. I also think when they are talking about ratings for the whole country, that comes from the boxes. They don't use cable boxes to measure it. The cable companies do know what you're watching, but they don't give that information to anyone to protect privacy. But the ratings don't matter for Donald Trump to make any claims. The claims he makes will never be limited to facts. This is the second week in a row where I've thought that Marilu's team was putting together an event on a shoestring budget, in the way that we would do at home, while Penn's team is doing things like they would on the Apprentice. Even back when they did the Apprentice with regular people, Tania the bedazzler came up with bigger concepts and executed them bigger than Marilu's team has been doing. And based on the way he's really singlehandedly pulled together two BIG events, Penn deserves to win the whole thing. I actually thought that the phone conversation with Teller showed just how much he really wants to win. Like someone said, the fact that he said in the conversation "this is being recorded" shows he was aware that they were giving up some of their schtick in order to take care of hte logistics. But he was willing to make that bit of a personal sacrifice in order to make sure they won. I heard him say once that the first time he was on the show, he kind of went through the motions for the sake of being on TV. This time he really seems driven to win, and I think it will be great if he does.

Final 2 are Penn & Lisa, my guess anyway.
    nanaslbkp likes this.
    Some people dream of having a big swimming pool - with me it's closets."
    -Audrey Hepburn.

Kip
    FORT Fogey Spider Solitaire Arkadium Champion, Alu`s Revenge Champion, Sky Blocks Champion

Quote Originally Posted by AcookerTV View Post
    ...This is the second week in a row where I've thought that Marilu's team was putting together an event on a shoestring budget, in the way that we would do at home, while Penn's team is doing things like they would on the Apprentice. Even back when they did the Apprentice with regular people, Tania the bedazzler came up with bigger concepts and executed them bigger than Marilu's team has been doing. And based on the way he's really singlehandedly pulled together two BIG events, Penn deserves to win the whole thing. ...
    On both of those episodes, Trace thought his team was going down the wrong path, but the team didn't change course.

I agree that Penn was spectacular at putting together those two parties. This last one was really Penn's more than Lisa's. Penn chose the theme and got the food and entertainment. The team was faulted for decoration - which I suppose was Lisa's responsibility, though I don't remember seeing much about it.

I can't see anything but a Penn/Trace finale - and if viewers got to vote for a winner at this point, I'd vote for Penn.

I wonder if Penn's charity is a local or national one. Just wondering because sometimes large donations can have unintended effects. When a smallish charity gets a big donation/bequest, sometimes a lot of regular donors stop giving because they figure the charity already has enough. Those people then start giving to, and becoming attached to, other charities instead, and when the charity runs through the big donation, they have to work to build a new donor base.

FORT Fogey

Because for two tasks Trace thought his team was going down the wrong path and the team didn't change course, I think Marilu was right when she argued that Trace should have been fired. When she said that he'd given up, I think she was right. In fact, the look on Trace's face when Marilu was fired hinted to me that he may have been dissapointed by that - perhaps he was bored, ready to move on, and couldn't figure out why Trump wasn't getting rid of him. Trace has had no problem pointing fingers and explaining what they did wrong in the board room, but he has not really been vocal in arguing that during hte planning when something could be done about it. To me, a guy who can recognize bad ideas but not vocalize a need to change course is a bigger problem on a team that a guy who doesn't recognize the problems. If Trace is in the finals, I'll be disaapointed. I think it should be Penn vs Little John.
    pikachu and Dragonlady like this.

Besides talent, ideas and connections .... Penn has excellent management skills.

Recall and note how he dealt with Gary ... and also how he expressed details about what Gary and others did or didn't do. No overt mud slinging.

I haven't watched this episode yet so maybe something different happened, but I doubt it.

And oh ... I was hoping for a Penn v. Marilu finale ,,, but will settle for Penn v. Little Jon unless we can bring back Clay!
    Last edited by echo226; 05-07-2013 at 04:22 PM.
    "The way to become boring is to say everything." Voltaire

" The greatness of a nation can be judged by the way its animals are treated. "
    Mohandas Gandhi

Although I have long been a fan of Marilu, I was not impressed with her this task. It seemed as if she came up with all these "great" ideas and couldn't be bothered listening to Lil John and Trace. At one point early on I seem to remember the men trying to tell her that she was on the wrong track and she told them to take care of the entertainment. She would do the rest. Maybe at that point they should not had backed off and made her listen to them, but neither of the guys seemed to have the will to do that. She was like a steamroller on steroids.
    mom2, justCoz, tapper01 and 2 others like this.
    Whoever said diamonds are a girls best friend...never owned a dog.

FORT Fogey

The no mud slinging thing is something that has always impressed me about Penn. I've heard interviews with him where he'll take on very controversial topics relating to religion and politics. He can express his views, and even explain opposing views, in a respectful way that is NEVER insulting to opposing views. I think the first time he was on the show, that kind of hurt him. He chose to play nice and protect people, and it got him fired. This time, he seems to have figured out how to navigate through the game in a way that can stick to the facts, but not attack someone personally. The world would be better off if there were more people who behaved like Penn Jillette.
    nanaslbkp, Photobabe and lizardcat like this.

I would love to see Trace and Penn in the finale, but Trace has seemed so checked-out all season. He appeared so much more focused the first time around.

No Lisa fans here? I think she's handled herself really well dealing with very difficult people. She's also very bubbly and outgoing without appearing dumb. I think she'd be a great representative for Trump, although I think Penn is the better choice.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast