+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Like Tree26Likes

Thread: 4/28 show spoilers

Re: 4/28 show spoilers

That boardroom was such a farce! I cannot believe they were pretending Gary had any shot of not being fired. His idea was absurd, and everyone knew it. Ivanka doesn't usually bother me. Last night, I thought she was ridiculous. Going on and on about how Lisa and Penn had checked out was also absurd in the face of how Gary had treated them all day long. He should not have expected them to even work as much as they did. I did giggle at Joan's face. She was reacting to the craziness of it but her face doesn't move so it was hard to tell!

I loved seeing George in the boardroom last week. I always liked him and Caroline in the boardroom. Frankly, they always had better insights and questions, IMO.

I'm glad Gary finally got fired. It's not like I think this show has so much integrity, but him still being there was beyond ridiculous at this point.
    jucamer likes this.

I guess I'm one of the few who actually enjoyed last night, mostly because Gary finally went down in flames. I also LOL'd every time they'd somehow discuss that mechanical dog with straight faces in the boardroom.

VERY interesting how Gary put aside all his spiritual pronouncements and instead fought like a first-grader when he was on the hot seat (She yelled at me! They left me alone out there! Etc.). Previously, I found him annoying but harmless; last night, I thought he was just a big jerk.

I really admired Lisa for her restraint, as well as for her defending the cameraman. I was also happy Marilu did so well.

Trace really had the line of the night, though, after giving Marilu her plate of broccoli and carrots: "You eat what food eats."
    mom2, Kip and Photobabe like this.

I Bleed Scarlet And Gray FireWoman's Avatar

No best Traceisim was the I want a fridge that will say, that ice cream is not for you fata$$. or something like that. I love Trace... after reading his book, love him even more. Beyond that, have a great deal of respect for him.
    BlondeOne and jucamer like this.
    "Irregardless? That's not even a real word. You're affixing the negative prefix 'ir-' to 'regardless', but, as 'regardless' is already negative, it's a logical absurdity!" ~Steve Smith

"Once I swore I would die for you, But I never meant it like this."

When the executives were announcing their decision, I was hoping they'd say "You know how you usually cut to commercials to raise the suspense? Let's be honest, it's not necessary this time."
    justCoz and lizardcat like this.

This whole episode was totally ridiculous. Everyone just tip toes around Gary and his limitations. The guy is not all there anymore!
    this was perfect for a one hour show because the boardroom part was absurd....not much to argue about when the outcome is so obvious.
    When the opposing team was asked about Gary's video, all they did was try and find something positive about it rather than the typical comments about what was wrong with it, like what usually happens.

I feel sorry for Gary that he has had events that left him impaired, and he's definitely impaired. And I realize a lot of it is because of his own bad choices.
    But all the gushing accolades they give him is ridiculous. He's not a genius and I'm tired of all the dancing around the elephant in the room.

I'm sure what I've said sounds harsh but sometimes it seems so demeaning. I don't think Gary understands that but it's how I view it.
    Trump reminds me of Andy on Bravo.....they exploit people to get ratings. Most of them (people on the show) are aware of it and apparently the job and the money makes it ok. But people like Gary have no clue what's going on.

FORT Fogey

Gary on Falon was disappointing. He did a skit with Jimmy early in the show, then did a short stint on the couch showing his backronyms for various words on cardboard displays. Both spots fell flat. To me, it seemed Gary was doing a studied display of crazy. He is nuts, there is no doubt about that but he was playing a role.

He has a 2 year old. He was sane enough for some woman to want to sleep with him (thought makes me run screaming) AND have his child. He has to have something going on that we don't see.

Quote Originally Posted by Shoepie View Post
    Gary on Falon was disappointing. He did a skit with Jimmy early in the show, then did a short stint on the couch showing his backronyms for various words on cardboard displays. Both spots fell flat. To me, it seemed Gary was doing a studied display of crazy. He is nuts, there is no doubt about that but he was playing a role.

He has a 2 year old. He was sane enough for some woman to want to sleep with him (thought makes me run screaming) AND have his child. He has to have something going on that we don't see.

Yeah his bank account

I had this in the wrong thread so I've moved it here:

It was Gary's time to go - there was no way he could really get out of this one without everyone crying foul. I mean - come on - we all know Trump and Company have the film footage.

Gary was digging his own hole IMHO when he kept interrupting Penn when he was trying to explain his side of the situation. He did that in the war room essentially earlier.

I think even then though - Trump tried to find a way to get rid of another person with his hands clean by trying to use the logic attack on Lisa and try to get her to walk because she was mad.

I will be happy with any of the five left winning this - they really are the cream of the crop out of those who made it past the first couple of rounds.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by jucamer View Post
    Yeah his bank account
    His last great success was decades ago. He has made some questionable movies since but this man is NOT rich!

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by jadewarlock View Post
    I had this in the wrong thread so I've moved it here:

It was Gary's time to go - there was no way he could really get out of this one without everyone crying foul. I mean - come on - we all know Trump and Company have the film footage.

Gary was digging his own hole IMHO when he kept interrupting Penn when he was trying to explain his side of the situation. He did that in the war room essentially earlier.

I think even then though - Trump tried to find a way to get rid of another person with his hands clean by trying to use the logic attack on Lisa and try to get her to walk because she was mad.

I will be happy with any of the five left winning this - they really are the cream of the crop out of those who made it past the first couple of rounds.
    I think both Lisa and Penn would have taken being fired as a gift. They are done.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast