+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
Like Tree30Likes

Thread: 4/21 show spoilers

FORT Fogey

4/21 show spoilers

What an odd challenge. I agree that the adventure package was the most difficult to do. Interactive zip line? Well, I guess they did what they could and it was so bad! And the shark? Oh hell no. Trump was really laying for lil Jon; the edit missed us seeing how adamant he was.

I was surprised to see that no one brought up the fact that when they chose adventure they were thinking animals. Not that it would have been easier.

Penn is very well connected. It is beyond me how one phone call got him the drummer, dancers and food.

I adore Trace. Sure he is arrogant and seemingly not all that into this shabang but he is entertaining. His asides are under his breath remarks are comedy gold. Trump respects him a tremendous amount and that is due to wanting a country music connection and Trace radiates power. One comment from Trace and he forks up 20 grand for Brandi.

Gary, oh my god, Gary! Hearing people being murdered from his hotel. Everyone is way too easy on him in the board room. I attribute that to celebrities not wanting anything negative to reflect on them. He is brain damaged and to come down too hard could cause an uproar. I wish they would stop saying what a talented actor he is. He may have been, though I dont remember anything he did.

I found it interesting that Penn has never had even a sip of alcohol. Alcoholic parents perhaps? Dr Phil and Robin don't drink because of that but I believe they may have had a taste or two.

I am ready for this to be either over or move into a change in format. I am not into watching Penn and Lisa have to deal with Gary on another task.

I would love to see South Africa but I have no desire to do any of those things they offered. I would be interested in animals, their culture and textiles. You can zip line almost anywhere these days and cage diving with sharks is available right here in my own backyard, well almost. Florida is a much shorter trip if that is your hearts desire. Spa? What state doesn't have at least 27 of them. And don't get me started on golf; courses are everywhere and plentiful.
    Last edited by Shoepie; 04-22-2013 at 05:52 AM.
    march and Kip like this.

Re: 4/21 show spoilers

I have to laugh everytime they get a task and have to promote some product, or some place, as was the 'product' tonight. Truly the whole point for the advertising is THE SHOW, not whatever little rinkydink thing the contestants put on. The 15-20 people that saw the 5 'experiences' last night isn't what sells the product, it is the fact they are doing a task about said product on national television. It's like a 5 minute long commercial within a 2-hour long commercial. Even though the show has taken a serious dive in the ratings (of course Trump mentions his former #1 spot almost every episode), it is still seen my millions of people. I'm sure there are people lined up at his door to have him feature their product on his show. I wonder if he somehow gets paid by the company for whatever product he uses on the show. I'm thinking there has to be some kickback or royalty for Trump. He wouldn't do it if he weren't making some kind of money in the process.
    Shoepie likes this.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by Maybaybie View Post
    I have to laugh everytime they get a task and have to promote some product, or some place, as was the 'product' tonight. Truly the whole point for the advertising is THE SHOW, not whatever little rinkydink thing the contestants put on. The 15-20 people that saw the 5 'experiences' last night isn't what sells the product, it is the fact they are doing a task about said product on national television. It's like a 5 minute long commercial within a 2-hour long commercial. Even though the show has taken a serious dive in the ratings (of course Trump mentions his former #1 spot almost every episode), it is still seen my millions of people. I'm sure there are people lined up at his door to have him feature their product on his show. I wonder if he somehow gets paid by the company for whatever product he uses on the show. I'm thinking there has to be some kickback or royalty for Trump. He wouldn't do it if he weren't making some kind of money in the process.
    Absolutely. It is all product placement and you can be sure that Trump got a chunk from the South Africa tourism bureau. Many items of each task are made by production: videos, posters, display stuff, etc. This is just a silly game and I am fine with all of that. At some point they will "put on a concert" or some other impossible thing to accomplish in a day. He could not get celebrities to come on this show if they had to work hard enough to really pull these things off.
    Maybaybie likes this.

FORT Fogey

Maybe Trump ought to take a look at the very brief threads for his show here on FORT lately, if he really wants to gauge how much interest there is at this point.

FORT Fogey

I just watched the previews for next week. I had forgotten to check that out. Gary is a brain damaged man who acts like a major jerk.

Not his fault though I do wonder just how much he pushes it. Time to fire him no matter who wins. Enough.

IMO, the best thing Gary ever did as an actor, and he did it extremely well, was as the title character in The Buddy Holly Story with Charles Martin Smith and Don Stroud as the Crickets. This was very early in his career and he was thin and fit at the time. I've watched this movie a good number of times. It's well worth watching for fans of early rock and roll.
    mom2, Kip, scoot13 and 1 others like this.
    Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
    -- Benjamin Franklin, Historical Review of Pennsylvania, 1759

http://www.youravon.com/jmarko

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by Florimel View Post
    IMO, the best thing Gary ever did as an actor, and he did it extremely well, was as the title character in The Buddy Holly Story with Charles Martin Smith and Don Stroud as the Crickets. This was very early in his career and he was thin and fit at the time. I've watched this movie a good number of times. It's well worth watching for fans of early rock and roll.
    Ah yes, I remember that; he was very good.

Kip
    FORT Fogey Spider Solitaire Arkadium Champion, Alu`s Revenge Champion, Sky Blocks Champion

I love Trace. He doesn't say much, but when he speaks, it's usually right on. That was nice of him to ask Trump for money for Brandi.

Speaking of money, they said the winning team would get $20K, but they didn't say who was paying. Usually on these tasks, it's $20K from the company and Trump matches it with another $20K -- and that is specifically said. It made me wonder if this time, it was only Trump paying the $20K -- that maybe they didn't have a company step up and this was a freebie for the South Africa Tourism Bureau. Maybe next week we'll see who wrote the check when Penn delivers it.

I was surprised that Lisa didn't immediately step up to be PM. Gary was PM last week, and Penn was PM the week before that, so it was Lisa's turn. If I were Lisa, I would have jumped at being PM this week because I'd be afraid that the following week might be a fundraising task (and Lisa doesn't seem to have as many fundraising contacts as the people on the other team.

FORT Regular

They really need to let Gary go. It's now uncomfortable to watch. I don't find setting up someone who's brain damaged as the court jester to be funny.
    JunkieGirl, tapper01 and jucamer like this.

FORT Fan

I agree that it's time for Gary to go. It is getting uncomfortable to watch.

I'm also having trouble watching Lisa, and it's for a totally superficial reason. She seems to be a good team player and a hard worker, but her lips! I remember hearing she had some kind of lip reduction surgery or procedure awhile back, but oh my goodness! They're huge! I assume she's back to using whatever she used to use on them? When they show her close-up I want to look away. Ugh.
    Photobabe likes this.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast