+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Like Tree30Likes

Thread: 4/21 show spoilers

Re: 4/21 show spoilers

According to wikipedia, Busey knocked up a girl about half his age and got her pregnant. So maybe he is an expert on R.O.M.A.N.C.E. Did his acronym skills win her heart?
    Shoepie likes this.
    "A lady's imagination is very rapid; it jumps from admiration to love, from love to matrimony in a moment." -- Jane Austen

I do agree with Lil' John's sentiments that they given an impossible task; sure they fought for adventure, but they had no idea that it was all about generic things you can do anywhere, like zip-lining and golfing. Of course Donald immediately changed the subject to "you had an extra person," which is something I assume he does often when he doesn't have a rebuttal.

Gary, annoying as usual. I hate how everyone compliments him on every little thing he says; he needs a whole team of wranglers to get him to do anything effective, and his "genius" ideas are average at best. Here's an acronym for him; For Interference, Ride Elevator Down.

FORT Fogey

This episode had a 1.6 rating. The previous episode had a 1.8 rating. The episode two weeks previous to that episode had a 1.4 rating. I watched the second half of the most recent episode. Trump didn't want to fire Brande... because she's a blonde model. Trump wanted to fire Lil' John. If Brande had brought Lil' John back to the board room, Lil' John would have been fired. Trump's reasoning, his thinking, isn't so good.

I'm very ready for Gary to go. His "Quirks" are not amusing anymore and with so little people on teams now, he's a huge hindrance.
    I looked up Gary for more info on him. Wiki says his accident was in 1988 and quoted a doctor treating him that said:
    "suspected that Busey's brain injury has had a greater effect on him than realized. He described it as essentially weakening his mental "filters" and causing him to speak and act impulsively...... recommended Busey take a medication called Depakote (valproic acid), to which Busey agreed."

This is how I perceived Gary's strangeness...very child-like and I assumed his ways were due to the brain trauma.
    and then I found a YouTube video of him being on David Letterman's show in 1990, which would have been two yrs after the accident.
    Gary Busey on Letterman 1990 - YouTube
    and he didn't appear at all like what we now see with Gary.
    I'm stumped! Could it be a progressive thing?
    jucamer likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Dragonlady View Post
    I'm very ready for Gary to go. His "Quirks" are not amusing anymore and with so little people on teams now, he's a huge hindrance.
    I looked up Gary for more info on him. Wiki says his accident was in 1988 and quoted a doctor treating him that said:
    "suspected that Busey's brain injury has had a greater effect on him than realized. He described it as essentially weakening his mental "filters" and causing him to speak and act impulsively...... recommended Busey take a medication called Depakote (valproic acid), to which Busey agreed."

This is how I perceived Gary's strangeness...very child-like and I assumed his ways were due to the brain trauma.

and then I found a YouTube video of him being on David Letterman's show in 1990, which would have been two yrs after the accident.
    Gary Busey on Letterman 1990 - YouTube
    and he didn't appear at all like what we now see with Gary.
    I'm stumped! Could it be a progressive thing?
    WOW! Aside from being really really talkative, he sounded quite normal and I found myself laughing at his story. Maybe it is degenerative?? Weird.

They should make a special exemption and fire Gary no matter who wins next week. He's a huge drag on his teammates. I thought Penn and Lisa were really great together, and had they lost due to Gary doing absolutely nothing (other than insulting the execs), I wonder if Penn would have walked.

And although Plan B's presentation was fun and exciting, did anyone else feel it really didn't sell the idea of romance? I expected Trump to call them on that, but he was too busy gunning for Lil' Jon.

FORT Fan

Kip said: "Speaking of money, they said the winning team would get $20K, but they didn't say who was paying. Usually on these tasks, it's $20K from the company and Trump matches it with another $20K -- and that is specifically said. It made me wonder if this time, it was only Trump paying the $20K -- that maybe they didn't have a company step up and this was a freebie for the South Africa Tourism Bureau. Maybe next week we'll see who wrote the check when Penn delivers it."

Actually, I think it's the opposite. Trump always pays the first $20,000 and the company being featured usually kicks in a matching $20,000. In this case, the company is a non-profit and it wouldn't have been appropriate for them to give away money.

FORT Fogey

I think Gary is putting on an act, personally. He has created a character for this show. He isn't funny, cute or witty and he is NO genius. He is an obnoxious, rude, self absorbed ass.
    pikachu likes this.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by Shoepie View Post
    I think Gary is putting on an act, personally. He has created a character for this show. He isn't funny, cute or witty and he is NO genius. He is an obnoxious, rude, self absorbed ass.
    I think there is something to this.

Mr. (Not so) Perfect Snake 3D Champion, Bouncing Balls Champion

Gary is amazing and I'm happy he's in the Final Six <3 (or however many are left).
    Shoepie likes this.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast