+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Like Tree31Likes

Thread: 4/7 episode SPOILERS

Re: 4/7 episode SPOILERS

I also thought it was Lisa who discovered the error first & skeevy Stephen took the credit...jerk! Spelling errors are huge & expensive mistakes in marketing materials. Can you imagine if these were actual promotional materials & the mistake was not discovered???
    Ellen likes this.
    Some people dream of having a big swimming pool - with me it's closets."
    -Audrey Hepburn.

Kip
    FORT Fogey Shoot The Gems Hard Champion, Spider Solitaire Arkadium Champion, Sky Blocks Champion

Quote Originally Posted by jadewarlock View Post
    I disagree - "people who can edit and proofread" are a dime a dozen...

People who can edit and proofread CORRECTLY, extremely detailed and especially for names are not. If I had my hand on both of those they'd bled red - both were riddled with style and spelling issues.

A misspelled name - and one that is apparently the brand's label is a huge mistake. And given to me the two layouts were pretty much the same in half of it (the ones with Melania in them), I dare say that it was the nitpicky stuff this time, and a misspelled name is much stronger of an error than say "hte" for the.
    Re the "dime a dozen" comment. I use proofreaders. Two years ago, I needed a couple more for a big project. We put an ad on our local craigslist. Within a few hours, we had 400 replies from people all over the place! Even after we took the ad down, we kept getting replies. Of the first 30 or so responders, I sent out a chapter to proof to 8 of the people with the best resumes (we paid all of them). About 6 did excellent work, and we hired two.

Even at a concept presentation (which this was), misspelling the client's name is a huge mistake. But if a team with a mistake like that clearly had the best idea, I'd still hire them for that campaign - with the proviso that nothing got printed without my OK.

I agree with others that Lisa was the one who first noticed the spelling error. Stephen (sigh)...that guy is a real piece of work.

FORT Fogey

Meliania was on Wendy today. Wendy called her Melanya repeatedly; I loved it. Her hair is styled in a very odd way. It is parted in the middle but combed toward her face as if she were covering a receeding hair line. She and Donald have a hair deal in common.

She is devoid of any humor, candor or authenticity. She is against plastic surgery and da shots. Well, her face did not move and we shall see as she gets older if she holds to that. She is only 42. Very unappealing woman. She is stiff and contained much like Ivanka.

Donald Jr is the only one who shines brightly in that family. I love his sense of humor.

With Dennis gone we will have to hear Trump say how much he likes Gary and what a good actor he is before he fires him next week.

Quote Originally Posted by Shoepie View Post
    Meliania was on Wendy today. Wendy called her Melanya repeatedly; I loved it. Her hair is styled in a very odd way. It is parted in the middle but combed toward her face as if she were covering a receeding hair line. She and Donald have a hair deal in common.

She is devoid of any humor, candor or authenticity. She is against plastic surgery and da shots. Well, her face did not move and we shall see as she gets older if she holds to that. She is only 42. Very unappealing woman. She is stiff and contained much like Ivanka.

Oh My!!! I thought this was a typo, so I had to google it and check. I NEVER would have guessed she is 42. I thought she was at least in her 50s! I am 42. I have quite a few pounds on her, but I look like I'm in my 30s compared to her. Wow. Thank you for your post- I feel pretty awesome about myself now. (and I'm not normally a shallow person at all, but I'm soaking it up right now!)
    Dragonlady likes this.

FORT Fogey

The next episode will be two hours long.

Quote Originally Posted by bachelorwatcher View Post
    The next episode will be two hours long.
    Bummer. I think the show is much more enjoyable in the one hour format.
    Kip, Shoepie, marauder and 1 others like this.
    Whoever said diamonds are a girls best friend...never owned a dog.

Just visiting this planet nanaslbkp's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by AlwaysVeg View Post
    It was funny that Steven Baldwin got the credit for discovering the misspelling on the other team (I'm not sure it wasn't Marilu, but maybe it was both of them at about the same time), and then when they were back in the suite watching on TV, he started to spell her name wrong himself, with "MA[lania]! In any case, it was a pretty glaring error for the whole team to have missed, not just Dennis and Trace. Any of them could have spotted it. I also caught a few minutes of the current Mrs. Trump on The View, and I just wished Joy had been there, because maybe she would have laughed or at least sneered when Melania said she has never used Botox. Wish they had asked her why her face looks so frozen then. Wow, the Donald sure goes only for looks, doesn't he. It's like he married a statue. She's got the looks; he's got the money. A perfect match of a totally superficial pair!
    It was Marilu who saw it first...I cannot believe Baldwin said he did, and Marilu backed him up!? What? I am almost tired of Baldwin...he is too sneaky and slimy!
    Photobabe likes this.
    The human spirit needs places where nature has not been rearranged by the hand of man.

Quote Originally Posted by nanaslbkp View Post
    It was Marilu who saw it first...I cannot believe Baldwin said he did, and Marilu backed him up!? What? I am almost tired of Baldwin...he is too sneaky and slimy!
    Really?? I know that it wasn't Stephen because I saw Lisa react before him. Maybe I was looking at those two and didn't see what Marilu did. It wouldn't surprise me if she did because she seems like one smart cookie.
    What did you see?

Kip
    FORT Fogey Shoot The Gems Hard Champion, Spider Solitaire Arkadium Champion, Sky Blocks Champion

Melania Trump on how 'mini Donald' son Barron, seven, is 'not a sweatpants child' and gets caviar skin treatments before bed | Mail Online

...The mother-of-one said that she slathers her eponymous Caviar Complex C6 moisturizer on her son's body from 'head to toe.' ...

Oh my! That sounds a bit weird. Not to mention that Barron is likely to get teased about this. Melania does not look good in these photos - she's not a good advertisement for her products.

The three older Trump children seem well-adjusted and grounded - I wonder how much of that was Donald and how much Ivana.

There's a link on that web page to a story about Ivanka being pregnant again.

FORT Fogey

I really think the accent thing is her issue not something else. I can relate. My uncle after over 30 yrs,you would think he just came to the USA.
    I think she is too self conscious about it, she needs to relax. look at Dayana Mendoza, she didn't care, she just went for it.

and yes, stephen did not catch first. But something in me said this is all scripted. There is no way they didn't catch it.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast