+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Like Tree31Likes

Thread: 4/7 episode SPOILERS

FORT Fogey

Re: 4/7 episode SPOILERS

Melania was on The View this morning. She has been in this country long enough to have a better grasp of the language. She said she does not use 'buttox'. I do not believe she didn't know how to pronounce Botox. It was calculated to let viewers know she doesnt use it. Well, I dont believe her; her face did not move. She seems devoid of wit and personality, as well.

And Ivanka, shut up.

She worked for 10 years on this. Nope She is a business woman. Nope Got Trump money behind her. Yep

And while I am on the subject, there is no cream, on the face of the planet, that slows down the aging process. Nor will they find one either. Cream only serves to moisturize your skin and doesn't go below the epidermis.

So glad Dennis is gone so I don't have to listen to Trump say what a great guy he is, how well he has done, blah blah blah. He is dumb as a box of hair and nuts.

No question that the team that lost deserved to. I can understand a typo, but when you have it spelled two different ways it makes you stop and research. My job requires it and even at my most exhausted, undernourished, not taking care of myself days even I would flag that error. (BTW, this is a state where you start to think even a correctly spelled word is incorrect so you flag it).

Trace was a bit of a turkey here; however, he is right - when you're the head of the final proof, and you sign it, you are the last eyes to see it. This is a very clear and obvious mistake - it isn't like the tower booklets the show has done in the past where you'd have to be hard pressed to see the errors. They were on the top of the page in large type.

In the real world BOTH would've been reprimanded if not flat out fired. On this show based on the fact Dennis took the last view, he was the right one fired.

I do however wonder what Trump's opinion of Rodman is now however given his rather flagrant and conspicuous flaunting about with Kim Jong-Un in North Korea.
    zookeepertx likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by jadewarlock View Post
    No question that the team that lost deserved to. I can understand a typo, but when you have it spelled two different ways it makes you stop and research. My job requires it and even at my most exhausted, undernourished, not taking care of myself days even I would flag that error. (BTW, this is a state where you start to think even a correctly spelled word is incorrect so you flag it).

Trace was a bit of a turkey here; however, he is right - when you're the head of the final proof, and you sign it, you are the last eyes to see it. This is a very clear and obvious mistake - it isn't like the tower booklets the show has done in the past where you'd have to be hard pressed to see the errors. They were on the top of the page in large type.

In the real world BOTH would've been reprimanded if not flat out fired. On this show based on the fact Dennis took the last view, he was the right one fired.

I do however wonder what Trump's opinion of Rodman is now however given his rather flagrant and conspicuous flaunting about with Kim Jong-Un in North Korea.
    Reg. the bolded: I suspect that if Rodman had done that before the show was filmed, he would not have been invited to participate. The rest of the post was spot on. Such a stupid mistake!
    Whoever said diamonds are a girls best friend...never owned a dog.

FORT Fan

Quote Originally Posted by jadewarlock View Post

IMO that was an inexcusable error for not just one but TWO people to make.
    I kept hoping Donald would fire both of them for "besmirching" Melania's name. But I knew he would keep Trace who is one of his faves.

And I can't help it but I have lived in a part of the country where skin cancer is quite common so that everytime I hear her name I think immediately of Melanomas.

FORT Fogey

It was funny that Steven Baldwin got the credit for discovering the misspelling on the other team (I'm not sure it wasn't Marilu, but maybe it was both of them at about the same time), and then when they were back in the suite watching on TV, he started to spell her name wrong himself, with "MA[lania]! In any case, it was a pretty glaring error for the whole team to have missed, not just Dennis and Trace. Any of them could have spotted it. I also caught a few minutes of the current Mrs. Trump on The View, and I just wished Joy had been there, because maybe she would have laughed or at least sneered when Melania said she has never used Botox. Wish they had asked her why her face looks so frozen then. Wow, the Donald sure goes only for looks, doesn't he. It's like he married a statue. She's got the looks; he's got the money. A perfect match of a totally superficial pair!
    nanaslbkp likes this.

I didn't see the episode so I'm not sure what all the hub-bub is about Dennis mispronouncing or misspelling anyone's name --

BUT, did anyone see him on Saturday Night Live this past weekend? He yelled, "Live! In New York -- it's Saturday Night!!!"

In all my decades of watching SNL, I can't remember one single person every flubbing that line!
    Ellen and jucamer like this.
    Impossible things are being done every day.

Kip
    FORT Fogey Spider Solitaire Arkadium Champion, Alu`s Revenge Champion, Sky Blocks Champion

The misspelling/typo was unfortunate. But I have to agree with Dennis that in the context of developing a creative marketing plan, a typo (even a major one like that) is a small issue. (If it had gone out to the general public, that would have been a different story.) As a business owner, if I were presented with two marketing plans, if the better one was riddled with typos and grammatical errors, I would choose it over a less memorable one with no errors. People who can edit and proofread are a dime a dozen. Coming up with a memorable and successful ad campaign is difficult.

That being said, I didn't really like one team's work any better than the other. I was happy to see Dennis go. He was the project manager in name only.
    mom2 likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by AlwaysVeg View Post
    It was funny that Steven Baldwin got the credit for discovering the misspelling on the other team (I'm not sure it wasn't Marilu, but maybe it was both of them at about the same time), and then when they were back in the suite watching on TV, he started to spell her name wrong himself, with "MA[lania]!
    Oh, that bothered me a lot!
    I saw and heard Lisa Rinna notice it first, then slimy Stephen jumped on board. He does this kind of thing all the time.
    He's sleazy.
    I guess Lisa is smart enough to just leave it alone because it would be a losing battle for her.
    Was it just me or did Trace seem to act like he was little full of himself on this episode? Surprised me.
    PA Snow Bunny likes this.

My favorite line of the night...thank you Gary: "Have you ever had your genitalia so excited that it spins like a ferris wheel in a carnival ride? That's how beautiful she is." That man is nuts, but he does have some good quotes. Next week 'The Buse is Loose'- it appears he is PM....Lord help us all!

Count me in as another one who didn't think Melania seemed warm either, and actually the complete opposite. I don't expect these 'clients' to be warm and fuzzy, but most of them do seem genuinely friendly to the teams when they come to talk to them in their rooms. She barely said anything and when she did, I wasn't that impressed with what came out.

Is it just me or does the way Ivanka speaks bug anyone else the way it bugs me? I can't really describe it, but it's like she enunciates too much. Her words are spoken so deliberately and (IMO) it makes her sound superior to anyone else. It's almost like her speech is the equivalent of looking down your nose at someone.

Eric- really with the hair? You and Donald aren't horrible looking men, but that same slicked back 'do', is more of a 'don't'. And get some chaptick...seriously.

There- before my morning coffee I think I have managed to bash half the Trump clan in a single post. Well okee dokee then...
    Dragonlady and AlwaysVeg like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Kip View Post
    The misspelling/typo was unfortunate. But I have to agree with Dennis that in the context of developing a creative marketing plan, a typo (even a major one like that) is a small issue. (If it had gone out to the general public, that would have been a different story.) As a business owner, if I were presented with two marketing plans, if the better one was riddled with typos and grammatical errors, I would choose it over a less memorable one with no errors. People who can edit and proofread are a dime a dozen. Coming up with a memorable and successful ad campaign is difficult.

That being said, I didn't really like one team's work any better than the other. I was happy to see Dennis go. He was the project manager in name only.
    I disagree - "people who can edit and proofread" are a dime a dozen...

People who can edit and proofread CORRECTLY, extremely detailed and especially for names are not. If I had my hand on both of those they'd bled red - both were riddled with style and spelling issues.

A misspelled name - and one that is apparently the brand's label is a huge mistake. And given to me the two layouts were pretty much the same in half of it (the ones with Melania in them), I dare say that it was the nitpicky stuff this time, and a misspelled name is much stronger of an error than say "hte" for the.
    Ellen likes this.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast