+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
Like Tree79Likes

Thread: 3/17 show ***spoilers***

Re: 3/17 show ***spoilers***

Quote Originally Posted by Maybaybie View Post
    I looked her up on IMDB and the only Soap Opera listed is "Passions" from 2004. She played herself. In ONE episode. She has had a few recent acting gigs, but otherwise she has appeared on 47 other shows playing herself. Wow. Way to stretch those acting chops....you go girl. Not.
    And as much as I personally enjoyed "Passions" (and felt that Juliet Mills was screwed over for best actress as Tabitha simply because the other soaps hated the show) it WAS a parody of sorts with soap operas. Omarosa has no reason to be proud of that appearance.

Honestly - I don't see where she's an "All-Star" to begin with except for being a lazy bum (as she was barely hit in the head in a construction challenge, and walked out claiming a concussion - THEN attempted to get away with it in the boardroom), conniving, flat out liar and ugly just for the sake of being such toward others.

Then again I honestly think she is there because Trump couldn't get Joan for some reason - be it her and Melissa having their show (where's she's made a crass comment about a MUCH MORE TALENTED Betty White BTW), or if he realized that he'd probably lose the show entirely because even now people are still riled that she won over Annie - who did EVERYTHING Trump asks in this show.

FORT Fan

No one has commented on what Latoya said in the limo -- that Omarosa probably pulled the plug on Michael Clarke Duncan. I laughed out loud when it happened, but wondered what the repercussions would be. Sure enough, Omarosa has slapped a lawsuit on her, according to the tabloids.

Overall, I was surprised with the editing. Usually NOTHING slips out that might tarnish The Donald's image, but a couple of things did last night. First, when Plan B was back in the suite trying to comfort Gary, someone (Trace?) made the comment that Donald had goaded them into throwing Gary under the bus and that "he always does that."

Also, Latoya's comments that she thought he was falling for Omarosa's fake tears and that she thought he would never fire Omarosa. I guess they had to show that or the whole situation would have made no sense, but I thought it made Donald look ridiculous and, again, I was surprised with the editing. I actually thought she made a good choice to bring Brandi and Dennis into the boardroom. She knew he wouldn't fire them, and she knew she was toast, so why not go out under her own terms instead of having another shouting match with Omarosa for Donald to gloat over? She refused to be manipulated. I didn't think she had that many brain cells, but I applaud her choice and her actions. Not sure I applaud the crack about pulling the plug on the fiance, but it did make me laugh.
    Kip, FlyAKite, Moontat and 2 others like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Orion Nebula View Post
    I tuned in about the time Omarosa went into her weekly crying jag and here is my response to that:

Either she is deeply involved in grieving (which would definitely be normal under the circumstances) in which case she shouldn't be on the show because it's way too soon for her to attempt facing the pressures of daily life not to mention the emotional and physical stresses of being on any reality show.
    Omarosa's crying just does not seem genuine, so I REALLY wish LaToya had called her bluff and said something like what you just wrote. If LaToya had said:

"Mr. Trump, Omarosa is CLEARLY still grieving deeply. It is unfair and unhealthy to expect anyone so wracked with grief, and still dealing with matters of their loved one's estate, to concentrate on a TV competition. I can only think that her increased bullying and efforts to control everyone on our team is her way of trying to gain back a sense of control over her life after experiencing such a heartbreaking loss."

Heh, heh, heh.

Even though she wouldn't have gone down without some more nastiness, it would have been impossible for Omarosa to deny that she was grief-stricken given all the sobbing and convulsing she was doing. Trump would have had a good reason to fire her - out of compassion - and LaToya would have looked brilliant. (Did I just write "Trump" and "compassion" in the same sentence?)

Oh, well. Wishful thinking.
    "Most of us go through life with blinders on. Knowing only that little station to which we were born. But you madam, have had the... rare privilege of escaping your bonds for just a spell. To see life from an entirely new perspective. How you choose to use that information is entirely up to you." -- Andrew to Joanna in Overboard

FORT Fogey

The most Celebrity Apprentice show got a 1.8 rating. By comparison, CBS shows during that time slot got a 1.6 rating. ABC shows got a 1.4 rating.

"Mr. Trump, Omarosa is CLEARLY still grieving deeply. It is unfair and unhealthy to expect anyone so wracked with grief, and still dealing with matters of their loved one's estate, to concentrate on a TV competition. I can only think that her increased bullying and efforts to control everyone on our team is her way of trying to gain back a sense of control over her life after experiencing such a heartbreaking loss."
    That's an excellent though mushybrain. But Latoya doesn't think that fast
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

Quote Originally Posted by judibug View Post
    No one has commented on what Latoya said in the limo -- that Omarosa probably pulled the plug on Michael Clarke Duncan. I laughed out loud when it happened, but wondered what the repercussions would be. Sure enough, Omarosa has slapped a lawsuit on her, according to the tabloids.
    Don't worry about the tabloids - they're a bunch of nonsense. If that became real news - it wouldn't hold up in court. LaToya in return could countersue based on what she saw in the show or about the "mental anguish and suffering" she took from Omarosa.

Overall, I was surprised with the editing. Usually NOTHING slips out that might tarnish The Donald's image, but a couple of things did last night. First, when Plan B was back in the suite trying to comfort Gary, someone (Trace?) made the comment that Donald had goaded them into throwing Gary under the bus and that "he always does that."
    Yes, I caught that - but a lot of people think that Trace is in Trump's sights to begin with to fire. Add too it Piers Morgan (Trace's adversary and I dare say ursurper to the title - not as bad as Joan but close) is one of the judges this season? - yeah, it could be a way to "Catch him" in something to fire him.

Also, Latoya's comments that she thought he was falling for Omarosa's fake tears and that she thought he would never fire Omarosa. I guess they had to show that or the whole situation would have made no sense, but I thought it made Donald look ridiculous and, again, I was surprised with the editing. I actually thought she made a good choice to bring Brandi and Dennis into the boardroom. She knew he wouldn't fire them, and she knew she was toast, so why not go out under her own terms instead of having another shouting match with Omarosa for Donald to gloat over? She refused to be manipulated. I didn't think she had that many brain cells, but I applaud her choice and her actions. Not sure I applaud the crack about pulling the plug on the fiance, but it did make me laugh.
    She was right on Omarosa - as I've mentioned Donald HIMSELF said that he "might've fired Omarosa" or a variation of that in a tone that CLEARLY said he wasn't going to do that. And I do not blame her at all for not wanting to deal with Omarosa by then.

And it shows that Trump himself is missing a few brain cells - Omarosa IS the same person who barely got hit on the head (with a hard hat on) by a piece of dry wall or something - took the REST of the day off, then acted like it was no big deal. When the team was up for elimination she went on the defensive, acting like the injury was a concussion or the like.
    FlyAKite likes this.

I thought LaToya was a real lightweight in her season, so I was pleasantly surprised by her repeatedly standing up to Omarosa last night. She never lost her cool, either, which is more than I could say for myself!

I totally understood WHY she brought back Brande and Dennis, but I wish she'd just said: "Look, you weren't going to fire Omarosa, and I wasn't going to spend any more breath arguing with her. So go ahead and fire me, just like you planned." And leave it at that. No, "Oh, I thought you bought her act," etc. etc. It made her look weak when up to then she actually appeared pretty strong.

Trump is SO off-base if he thinks Omarosa is bringing in the viewers. There's a fine line between an intriguing villian and a loudmouth bore....
    dagwood, Kip, FlyAKite and 4 others like this.

Best Ever Pool Runner Angry Birds Champion, Rancho Ice Racer Champion pikachu's Avatar

I felt bad for Latoya. I'm proud of her for standing up to Omarosa, though. I understood why Latoya didn't bring Omarosa back to the boardroom and it wasn't because she was afraid of Omarosa, as Trump said. Trump has fired people for bringing someone to the boardroom who wasn't even there for the challenge and I think he would have pounced on Latoya for doing that if she had brought Omarosa with her. She at least had some reason for bringing Dennis and Brandy with her. Dennis didn't contribute as much to the task as the other people on her team and Brandy was at least partly responsible for some of the ideas that failed with the executives. In the end, though, the person most responsible for her team's loss was Latoya herself so I doubt there's anyone she could have brought back to the boardroom who would have been fired instead.

The only way Latoya might have argued to get Omarosa sent home was to base her arguments on what was best for her team as a whole going forward, not based on performance in this week's challenge. She could have brought Claudia back to the boardroom, too, to help argue that point.
    Current Pools: Face Off 7, Project Runway 13
    New Pools: DWTS 19, Registration deadline: September 22nd, Survivor 29, Registration deadline: October 1st,
    Amazing Race 25, Registration deadline: October 3rd

Quote Originally Posted by lizardcat View Post
    I thought LaToya was a real lightweight in her season, so I was pleasantly surprised by her repeatedly standing up to Omarosa last night. She never lost her cool, either, which is more than I could say for myself!

I totally understood WHY she brought back Brande and Dennis, but I wish she'd just said: "Look, you weren't going to fire Omarosa, and I wasn't going to spend any more breath arguing with her. So go ahead and fire me, just like you planned." And leave it at that. No, "Oh, I thought you bought her act," etc. etc. It made her look weak when up to then she actually appeared pretty strong.

Trump is SO off-base if he thinks Omarosa is bringing in the viewers. There's a fine line between an intriguing villian and a loudmouth bore....
    For all we know LaToya finally DID say that to Trump and yet he edited it out because he didn't want to look like he was only "considering" it. Even in the edited you can tell he wasn't seriously going to consider firing Omarosa.

And I agree - Omarosa is a loudmouth bore. An INTERESTING villain is dare I say Richard Hatch or heck even Joan Rivers - though she is more foul mouth than anything.

All I know is, I can't take any more of Omarosa. I will start watching again after she is fired. Until then, I will read here, but not watch.
    dagwood, Moontat and sparklete like this.
    Whoever said diamonds are a girls best friend...never owned a dog.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast