Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
Like Tree43Likes

Thread: 3/10 Celebrity Apprentice SPOILERS

FORT Fan

Re: 3/10 Celebrity Apprentice SPOILERS

Quote Originally Posted by cubsfan55 View Post
    Howdy do, Orion! Welcome aboard, mate!
    Thanks so much.
    So happy to be here and finally chatting with the people whose posts I have enjoyed reading for such a long time.
    mom2 and cubsfan55 like this.

FORT Fan

Quote Originally Posted by echo226 View Post
    I used to feel for him as I knew he was in a severe motorcycle accident years ago and had a head/brain injury.

But .... I learned he was also drug addled before that accident. Sooooo ... perhaps they should use him in one of those "this is your brain on drugs" PSA's!

They could replace him with Charlie Sheen!
    I read some about Gary's brain injury when it happened and then about brain injuries in general. That thing he does with the letters from words? That's one type of the kind of "compulsive" behavior some brain injuries can cause. We don't know which area(s) of his brain have been affected so I wouldn't want to say for sure.

But I have seen scans of brains after serious brain injuries and they can be literally full of holes where brain matter should be. His somewhat annoying behavior aside I think he does very well considering what happened to his brain.
    But I surely would not want to be on a Celebrity Apprentice team with him. He'd drive me nuts.
    Photobabe likes this.

I have a new love now JunkieGirl's Avatar

I saw Dee today on the Wendy Williams show. He was hilarious. When she asked him how he felt his reply was:

"I got fake fired from a fake job so now I am fake depressed. Excuse me while I fake cry."

LOL Love him!
    march, mom2, Florimel and 8 others like this.
    Sheldon Cooper: Woman, you're playing with forces beyond your ken

Penny: Yeah, well your Ken can kiss my Barbie.

I think Gary definitely has problems due to the brain injury. He acts and thinks like a child a lot of the time. He would be extremely annoying to work with.

Love Dee's answer - that's a good one.

Dee is fabulous, I wish there were more like Dee on this show!
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

FORT Fan

Quote Originally Posted by JunkieGirl View Post
    I saw Dee today on the Wendy Williams show. He was hilarious. When she asked him how he felt his reply was:

"I got fake fired from a fake job so now I am fake depressed. Excuse me while I fake cry."

LOL Love him!
    Now I love him even more.

Miss ya, Dee!

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by Dragonlady View Post
    I think Gary definitely has problems due to the brain injury. He acts and thinks like a child a lot of the time. He would be extremely annoying to work with.
    Gary himself has admitted to having problems due to his brain injury, in his more lucid moments. He also has hearing issues, which Marlee addressed with some compassion in her season with him and helped him get appropriate help with them.

I think it would be very hard to work with Gary, because he would be annoying but it's also not really his fault that he's annoying, so it's difficult to figure out a way to deal with him that's fair. I always end up feeling somewhat bad for him, no matter how annoying he's being, because much of the time he really is trying. He just can't do what he wants to be able to do, and he wants so badly to fit in but doesn't seem to understand how to do that.

If Gary's erratic behavior is due to a brain injury, it kind of creeps me out that Trump even considered him for the show. Same with Dennis Rodman. I know these guys consented to appearing, but it's like they're being presented as circus freaks. Such is reality TV, I guess....

FORT Fan

Quote Originally Posted by lizardcat View Post
    If Gary's erratic behavior is due to a brain injury, it kind of creeps me out that Trump even considered him for the show. Same with Dennis Rodman. I know these guys consented to appearing, but it's like they're being presented as circus freaks. Such is reality TV, I guess....
    That's exactly what I thought the first time Gary was on and I still feel that way.

It's creepy if Trump is taking unfair advantage of Gary's problems.
    On the other hand if Gary needs money and this show helps him get some then I'm all for it.

But I don't find him any less annoying because of it and I do feel sorry for his teammates.

About Dennis: I really can't read him. Sometimes he sounds as though he's just saying random words (see his interview with George Stephanopoulus a week ago Sunday for example) and other times he seems perfectly rational and has no problems verbalizing his thoughts.
    *shrug*

+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast