+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
Like Tree76Likes

Thread: Worst/Most Unfair Firings

Re: Worst/Most Unfair Firings

Quote Originally Posted by Rattus View Post
    My dad is a right-wing, bible-thumping bigot. I am a slightly-left-of-centre atheist who disapproves strongly of bigotry. I refuse to cut any slack for an adult whose parent is an a-hole as I know it is absolutely possible to make up one's own mind about how things are.
    Ditto Rattus - my father was Archie Bunker (even looked like him!). You have a mind of your own and make your own choices in life....
    Prism and CrazyDutchWoman like this.

Quote Originally Posted by jucamer View Post
    Ditto Rattus - my father was Archie Bunker (even looked like him!). You have a mind of your own and make your own choices in life....
    Been there too; surrounded- suffocatingly so at times, by racist, bigoted, pseudochristian elitists -- to the point that it taught me to easily recognize disingenuous people such as Trump, who seem to despise everyone except people in their own small universe. Trump is transparent, and I wonder how it is that his worshipers don't recognize that
    CrazyDutchWoman and jucamer like this.
    "Not my circus. Not my monkeys"
    ~~ Old Polish Proverb ~~

Keep an open mind, but not so open that your brains fall out. Carl Sagan.

Quote Originally Posted by candor View Post
    I wonder what he's teaching aspiring business people. That winning is more important than character? That your best people are those who agree with everything you say? That clawing and scratching your way to victory -- even when it means throwing a colleague under the bus -- is more admirable than taking one for team? (He hates it when people take one for the team.) That success is measured only in wealth? That boasting, bragging and grandstanding about your success is more important than actual success? That no insult is too petty to ignore?

The list could go on and on. Spy magazine had it right when it labeled Trump a "short-fingered vulgarian" in the 1980s. But what really rankles me is how many otherwise smart people buy into Trump's inflated self-image. Meatloaf became a worshipper. (His fealty reminded me of the subjects in the Milgram experiments who delivered electric "shocks" to people because they were ordered to.) I wouldn't be surprised if Mitt Romney calls him Mister Trump. Wouldn't it be refreshing if on the cab ride out, one of the contestants said, "Donald Trump is a fraud and a blowhard."

Sounds like the norm to me. I don't think Trump invented this behavior, he simply perfected it. Even his private life is decayed. That anyone shows him respect fascinates me. Plus, he can dish it, but hes pretty much a whiny baby when anyone speaks about him in the disparaging tomes he uses on others. I think of him as a P.T.Barnum simply playing the part of successful businessman. Except P.T. Barnum was fun. An honest flim flam man.

(Edited to shorten space between quote and post.)
    Last edited by Arielflies; 03-27-2013 at 08:18 PM.
    MFWalkoff and Prism like this.
    " I'm a Republican. I only seem liberal because I believe hurricanes are caused by high barometric pressure, not gay marriage."- Will Macavoy The Newsroom

Quote Originally Posted by Prism View Post
    Yes, ruled by egomaniacal cruelty; I've seen the children on television- sophomoric, grandstanding churls. IMHO the whole bunch of them are evil to the core. Their sycophant followers must be undereducated, overchallenged newbies to the business world, who have never read about the fortunes Trump has devoured, the lives he has destroyed. Trump and his ilk are symptomatic of an overreaching, overblown, powermongering, so-called elite that is destroying our culture.
    I agree. Some of the brightest people I know, those who aren`t about to buy into people like Trump, don`t have college degrees. They do have amazing moral compasses, however. Some of the most willing to be corrupted (or look the other way) people I`ve met hold college degrees and would sell their own flesh and blood, in order to gain favor. With or without a college degree, I think it`s a persons psychological and moral make-up which draws them to Trump as someone to admire, follow, respect. Also, ignorance. After all, Trumps a buffoon, in reality. But, there are people, again with degrees , who would argue me to the ground on that one. I actually think blue collar workers , and I say that with great respect since that is my heritage, have a much more skeptical view of the Trumps of they world. When you have to deal with those personality types in order to get by, you don't admire them. You promise yourself you'll never become like that and make sure your children never become so arrogant and heartless.
    " I'm a Republican. I only seem liberal because I believe hurricanes are caused by high barometric pressure, not gay marriage."- Will Macavoy The Newsroom

I want to apologize for the long spaces between quotes and answers. Im having trouble with my keyboard.

Don't worry about it redsox girl. My finger got tired scrolling down to read your post, so I brought it up closer.

I'm not watching this season as non of the celebs hold a likeability factor for me; and as mentioned the Ego under the hairpiece makes me cringe. When I was a young bank teller, I couldn't stand waiting on business men in their fifties as they all (in my experience at that time - late sixties) demanded more than their due and we were all stupid. It used to irk me to have to pull my supervisor to the counter when they wouldn't listen to my explanation of banking regulations. Anywhoooo.....
    redsox girl likes this.
    The cure for boredom is curiosity. There is no cure for curiosity. Dorothy Parker, (attributed)

chavy chaf chaf Asteroids Champion, Bejeweled 2 Champion, GalaGalaGa Champion, Add It Up Champion, Beat The Meter Champion, BejeweledŽ 2 Action Champion, Little Protectors Champion spockwhat's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Arielflies View Post
    Don't worry about it redsox girl. My finger got tired scrolling down to read your post, so I brought it up closer.

I'm not watching this season as non of the celebs hold a likeability factor for me; and as mentioned the Ego under the hairpiece makes me cringe. When I was a young bank teller, I couldn't stand waiting on business men in their fifties as they all (in my experience at that time - late sixties) demanded more than their due and we were all stupid. It used to irk me to have to pull my supervisor to the counter when they wouldn't listen to my explanation of banking regulations. Anywhoooo.....
    Yep. It's never ceased to amaze me that people with wealth as value, sometimes see themselves as more inherently valuable than other people, and deserve to be treated differently. Naturally, they are treated better by those who want a piece of their wealth, but they seem to come to the idea that all people should view them as better. It's kind of ridiculous. I've done a number of different jobs in my lifetime, especially working through university, and have dealt with those people too. Especially as a waitress. Just because you're waving a platinum card and wearing a hot suit doesn't mean you're going to get better service than the kids at the next table... I just felt it wasn't right to give them special treatment for the possible tip.
    Usually the kids tipped better anyway.
    And anywhoo... as well, but the Trumps love to boast of their "success" and show off their excess. It doesn't make me impressed, just kind of disgusted. But then, I just don't love money much anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by MsDiva2007 View Post
    Annie who won the most money not getting hired over Joan Rivers who compared her to Hitler. Its Ok to call someone else Hitler but not yourself White trash.
    O yes. That was the one that made me really dislike Trump even more. He always has his favourites and is not fair at all. Can't stand the guy.

By the way how they made whats his name Tray Adkins? out as the good guy (Trump did that, always saying how good of a guy Tray was and how bad Piers) Well I love Piers and was so happy he won. It sickens me how Trump glorifies some people and is so nasty toward others
    Last edited by CrazyDutchWoman; 03-29-2013 at 08:09 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Rattus View Post
    My dad is a right-wing, bible-thumping bigot. I am a slightly-left-of-centre atheist who disapproves strongly of bigotry. I refuse to cut any slack for an adult whose parent is an a-hole as I know it is absolutely possible to make up one's own mind about how things are.
    Completely agree with you, Rattus. Some kids grow up and can honestly view their parents for who they really are and decide what they want to be.
    As we become adults, we have to pay attention to our behavior that we don't just pattern ourselves in the same way if you don't agree with it.
    I have done this on a constant conscious basis. I refuse to become/act like my mother.
    I have a feeling Trump's kids like his lifestyle, are used to people fawning over them and wouldn't give it up for anything.
    Ellen and jucamer like this.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234