+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Like Tree76Likes

Thread: Worst/Most Unfair Firings

Re: Worst/Most Unfair Firings

Quote Originally Posted by AmyKay View Post
    I was listening to one of Adam Corolla's podcasts today and someone asked him about his Celeb Apprentice experience. I couldnt remember if I watched his season or not, it must not have been too remarkable lol He said Clay and Arsenio were the last 2 of his season, and Clay had earned 2x as much money than Arsenio did. Does anyone remember a reason Trump gave for picking Arsenio to win then?
    (Corolla also told how producer manipulation led to him getting fired, so at this point I wouldnt put it past Trump for firing someone because of the dress they wore)
    I think Trump and his entire family are some of the most malicious people in popular culture. Trump cares only for one thing: money. IMHO He hates people. I believe he hurts people every day of his life with dishonest dealings. His kids kill endangered animals all over the world, and take photos to post on the internet. IMHO They are all scum.
    "Not my circus. Not my monkeys"
    ~~ Old Polish Proverb ~~

Keep an open mind, but not so open that your brains fall out. Carl Sagan.

Prism, you stated that so well.
    But I'd like to add that I think Trump is ruled by his ego also. An ego that needs constant approval so he can believe that he truly is King of the World that he wants to be.
    Given this for a father, can we expect much from the kids?? They just do what they were taught and observed.

I wonder what he's teaching aspiring business people. That winning is more important than character? That your best people are those who agree with everything you say? That clawing and scratching your way to victory -- even when it means throwing a colleague under the bus -- is more admirable than taking one for team? (He hates it when people take one for the team.) That success is measured only in wealth? That boasting, bragging and grandstanding about your success is more important than actual success? That no insult is too petty to ignore?

The list could go on and on. Spy magazine had it right when it labeled Trump a "short-fingered vulgarian" in the 1980s. But what really rankles me is how many otherwise smart people buy into Trump's inflated self-image. Meatloaf became a worshipper. (His fealty reminded me of the subjects in the Milgram experiments who delivered electric "shocks" to people because they were ordered to.) I wouldn't be surprised if Mitt Romney calls him Mister Trump. Wouldn't it be refreshing if on the cab ride out, one of the contestants said, "Donald Trump is a fraud and a blowhard."
    Prism likes this.
    "If there are no dogs in heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went." — Will Rogers

Quote Originally Posted by Dragonlady View Post
    Given this for a father, can we expect much from the kids?? They just do what they were taught and observed.
    My dad is a right-wing, bible-thumping bigot. I am a slightly-left-of-centre atheist who disapproves strongly of bigotry. I refuse to cut any slack for an adult whose parent is an a-hole as I know it is absolutely possible to make up one's own mind about how things are.
    Florimel, Dragonlady and jucamer like this.
    All I wanted was a 45, a stinking 45 - the record or the gun. I'd even settle for the damn malt liquor. - Al Bundy.

chavy chaf chaf Asteroids Champion, Bejeweled 2 Champion, GalaGalaGa Champion, Add It Up Champion, Beat The Meter Champion, Bejeweled® 2 Action Champion spockwhat's Avatar

Totally agree on Khloe and Bret, Adam, and when Joan won.

When the two cats, Aubrey and Lisa, went after (a girl) and Trump went along with it because Aubrey and Lisa are louder and have longer nails than the others. Patricia got booted because Aubrey cried, and despite the fact that Aubrey was already after Dayana.

Donald is just so completely unpredictable, it's becoming predictable. We all knew Bret was going to go, even though, in the past, he's fired project managers for not bringing the right people back to the boardroom.

Trump is just so out of touch with real people and what people like (you know, like Bret's passion for his charity and why), that he thinks he's going to get ratings over Omarosa. He's an idiot.
    Dragonlady and Photobabe like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Dragonlady View Post
    Prism, you stated that so well.
    But I'd like to add that I think Trump is ruled by his ego also. An ego that needs constant approval so he can believe that he truly is King of the World that he wants to be.
    Yes, ruled by egomaniacal cruelty; I've seen the children on television- sophomoric, grandstanding churls. IMHO the whole bunch of them are evil to the core. Their sycophant followers must be undereducated, overchallenged newbies to the business world, who have never read about the fortunes Trump has devoured, the lives he has destroyed. Trump and his ilk are symptomatic of an overreaching, overblown, powermongering, so-called elite that is destroying our culture.
    spockwhat and Dragonlady like this.
    "Not my circus. Not my monkeys"
    ~~ Old Polish Proverb ~~

Keep an open mind, but not so open that your brains fall out. Carl Sagan.

I Bleed Scarlet And Gray FireWoman's Avatar

I have to agree with most said already: Adam, Anne, Khole.. but Michael Andretti was a stupid firing as well. Trump often doesn't make sense. He is such a blowhard.
    mom2 likes this.
    "Irregardless? That's not even a real word. You're affixing the negative prefix 'ir-' to 'regardless', but, as 'regardless' is already negative, it's a logical absurdity!" ~Steve Smith

"Once I swore I would die for you, But I never meant it like this."

I am pretty sure that when these people sign up some say that they have to be out by a certain time. That would explain a few of them.
    Duckyface likes this.
    "Quotes on the internet may not be accurate." - Abraham Lincoln

He activates my yummy!!!! yourefired's Avatar

I think the double firing that happened when Adam Carolla (sp?) didn't want to bring anyone back should rank up there as well. He wanted for fire Michael Andretti because he didn't step up in a car challenge. When Adam did not want to give him that chance, he did it anyway. It should be up to the PM who he or she wants to bring back. If it's not the person Trump wants fired, too bad. He shouldn't make up the rules as he goes along.
    mom2, redsox girl and jucamer like this.
    Geisha Ninja Sparkle Dance
    Twirling Ninja Sparkle Dance

Mr. (Not so) Perfect Bouncing Balls Champion

That's what Gordon Ramsay sometimes does on Hell's Kitchen, even going as far as to eliminating someone from the winning team.
    Duckyface likes this.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast