+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Like Tree76Likes

Thread: Worst/Most Unfair Firings

Re: Worst/Most Unfair Firings

I have three:

1. ANYONE fired over Omarosa.

2. Kim Kardashian fired because she had a DUI. I'm by NO MEANS a fan of the Kardashians and think people should be punished more if the get behind the wheel drunk (as I've nearly been hit and would've been killed by one without excellent peripherial vision); however, DUI's are public record therefore Trump KNEW she had one and therefore if he knew and was against her having one she shouldn't have been cast. This screams as bit casting on his part to draw in ratings and drama.

3. Annie over Joan. Flatly, Joan quit, Annie DOMINATED the fundraising (at the time the biggest weight in the final challenge) and had a far superior presentation. Joan could ONLY resort to the name calling and attacking Annie for what she supposedly did to her daughter and the like. Trump actually did what he hates (rewarding laziness) fired the person who actually worked for her earnings and her keep and I think even won the bonus on top of it over the one who whined and cried and blamed her issues on another person. Though at least here Annie STILL I think outraised Joan in the end even with the grand prize.

Kip
    FORT Fogey Shoot The Gems Hard Champion, Sky Blocks Champion

The reasons for Trump's firings are so capricious - one week someone gets fired for talking too much; the next another gets fired for not speaking up; someone gets fired for not pushing their idea hard enough, someone else gets fired for pushing their idea too hard, etc.

I'm still upset at Troy getting fired in season 1. Trump's reason for firing him was that he didn't have a college degree. If that was a criterion for becoming the Apprentice, then that should have been made clear up front. Troy is one of my all-time favorites.

Another one that comes to mind is the guy from Texas (a lawyer and real estate guy I think). I thought he was clearly better than the woman he was up against in the finale. Trump didn't say this, but my feeling is that Trump felt he wasn't urbane enough for the Trump organization.

Mr. (Not so) Perfect Snake 3D Champion, Bouncing Balls Champion

One of these days Trump will fire someone because they "looked at him unprofessionally".
    redsox girl likes this.

Thank you for #1! For number 2. Did you mean Khloe?

I can't stand that Brande didn't get fired! She had absolutely no grasp about anything!

Quote Originally Posted by jadewarlock View Post
    I have three:

1. ANYONE fired over Omarosa.

2. Kim Kardashian fired because she had a DUI. I'm by NO MEANS a fan of the Kardashians and think people should be punished more if the get behind the wheel drunk (as I've nearly been hit and would've been killed by one without excellent peripherial vision); however, DUI's are public record therefore Trump KNEW she had one and therefore if he knew and was against her having one she shouldn't have been cast. This screams as bit casting on his part to draw in ratings and drama.

3. Annie over Joan. Flatly, Joan quit, Annie DOMINATED the fundraising (at the time the biggest weight in the final challenge) and had a far superior presentation. Joan could ONLY resort to the name calling and attacking Annie for what she supposedly did to her daughter and the like. Trump actually did what he hates (rewarding laziness) fired the person who actually worked for her earnings and her keep and I think even won the bonus on top of it over the one who whined and cried and blamed her issues on another person. Though at least here Annie STILL I think outraised Joan in the end even with the grand prize.

I meant Khloe or whichever Kardashian was on the show. My opinion still stands.

JohnnyK - I have a feeling one day Trump will fire someone over their dress. I would LOVE to see how that person reacted - I know that if it were me, I'd go "Look, I scrimped and saved to get a set of clothing that at least looks nice and formal per your standards. I've lived off $18K for years - comfortably I might add - and would LOVE to see you dress nice on a budget of that size for a year."
    redsox girl likes this.

I was listening to one of Adam Corolla's podcasts today and someone asked him about his Celeb Apprentice experience. I couldnt remember if I watched his season or not, it must not have been too remarkable lol He said Clay and Arsenio were the last 2 of his season, and Clay had earned 2x as much money than Arsenio did. Does anyone remember a reason Trump gave for picking Arsenio to win then?
    (Corolla also told how producer manipulation led to him getting fired, so at this point I wouldnt put it past Trump for firing someone because of the dress they wore)
    redsox girl likes this.
    "Love is not a fight, but it's something worth fighting for"- Warren Barfield

Quote Originally Posted by Kip View Post
    I'm still upset at Troy getting fired in season 1. Trump's reason for firing him was that he didn't have a college degree. If that was a criterion for becoming the Apprentice, then that should have been made clear up front. Troy is one of my all-time favorites.
    While it's true that not having a college degree will probably stop you from ever entering the door (if pursuing a management position) at most corporations, Trump seemingly went out of his way to make an example out of an unknowing Troy. And, of course, he had to do this on national TV.
    Such a BIG man that Donald Trump is.

Why doesn't he go after degree-less Bill Gates instead?
    (It would've been classic if Bill Gates hired Troy after that show!)
    Kip, redsox girl and Duckyface like this.
    Impossible things are being done every day.

Also Richard Hatch from one of the celeb seasons. The task was fundraising, and each of them only had one art piece to sell. In theory it was a public event, but everyone except Richard just got their rich friend to come in and give them a huge check. Richard was the only one that actually had to sell his to a patron, and he got $30k, the lowest amount but still respectable. The team lost and they unanimously said Gary Busey should go, but Trump didn't care about anything except the dollar amounts.

Total bull, if anything he should have been first in line get amnesty; his was the only one whose sale reflected his art's quality and his salesmanship.

Quote Originally Posted by AmyKay View Post
    I was listening to one of Adam Corolla's podcasts today and someone asked him about his Celeb Apprentice experience. I couldnt remember if I watched his season or not, it must not have been too remarkable lol He said Clay and Arsenio were the last 2 of his season, and Clay had earned 2x as much money than Arsenio did. Does anyone remember a reason Trump gave for picking Arsenio to win then?
    (Corolla also told how producer manipulation led to him getting fired, so at this point I wouldnt put it past Trump for firing someone because of the dress they wore)
    And I'll add Adam Carolla to the list of people unfairly fired.
    "If there are no dogs in heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went." Will Rogers

Badseed - while Hatch is one of my least favorite reality show contestants ever, I did agree that he shouldn't have been fired that task because he literally had to work for his sale and not rely on good paying friends to bail him out.
    mom2 and redsox girl like this.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast