+ Reply to Thread
Page 23 of 24 FirstFirst ... 131415161718192021222324 LastLast
Like Tree332Likes

Thread: Celebrity Apprentice 5/20 Episode_ And The Winner Is.... ****SPOILERS****

8/2/64 until forever! AZChristian's Avatar

Re: Celebrity Apprentice 5/20 Episode_ And The Winner Is.... ****SPOILERS****

Quote Originally Posted by jucamer View Post
    No way I believe that - someone would have said so at the finale
    I've googled and have never found anywhere that says that. If it were some celebs, I'd think they want to be anonymous. But there ain't NUTHIN' anonymous about anything Lisa did on this show.
    ness and jucamer like this.

FORT Fogey

Lisa was not anonymous about the $50,000. It was said on the show. In part 1 of the finale right after the teams were formed, Lisa told Arsenio that she was so convinced she'd be in teh finals that she's already started lining up donors and had raised $50,000. She had all her donors give to Arsenio. So she did not donate $50,000 of HER money, but it was contributed by her.

Quote Originally Posted by AcookerTV View Post
    Lisa was not anonymous about the $50,000. It was said on the show. In part 1 of the finale right after the teams were formed, Lisa told Arsenio that she was so convinced she'd be in teh finals that she's already started lining up donors and had raised $50,000. She had all her donors give to Arsenio. So she did not donate $50,000 of HER money, but it was contributed by her.
    Ok that is VERY different than donating her own money - everyone on that team was expected to fundraise - Lisa didn't do anything special.....
    ness, tapper01 and AZChristian like this.

FORT Fogey

Well she did raise more than 1/3 of the total money raised for Arsenio's team on her own, so that is somewhat special.

Well she did raise more than 1/3 of the total money raised for Arsenio's team on her own, so that is somewhat special.
    Money she was gathering up to help Lisa. I mean she was so sure she was going to go to the finale. she was already drumming up money. Its kind of like running with the football before you catch it.lol
    AZChristian and jucamer like this.
    Injustice anywhere is a threat to justice everywhere.
    Martin Luther King, Jr.

With all due respect . . .

The way I see it, even if Lisa DID lobby and get donors she contacted to give $50K to Arsenio's fundraising efforts (which wound up being more than 1/3 of the total money raised), I do happen to agree with jucamer in that EVERYBODY on the team would have been expected to raise SOMETHING.

I myself happen to be a proponent of the "many hands make light work" school of thought.

Example: The times I've found myself involved in a team project (personally or professionally), i.e., something that had to be worked on by a number of different individuals to reach a goal that would benefit everyone, I don't ever recall one instance in which the work that needed to be done was evenly performed by everyone on the team. I might've finished whatever I needed to, checked around and found that one of my posse could definitely use my hands to speed up their process, so I helped them. And others have assisted me in the same fashion, as well. Realistically speaking, did the person who jumped in to help wind up doing MORE of the task than the person they'd helped? Sure. But that was no big deal, nothing that needed to be crowed about, because we ALL were trying to get to a finish line. And however it happened, it did. We MADE it.

Another example: Say I, you, or whoever was rushed on a stretcher into an ER. Medical personnel come running. A nurse or doctor that just happened to be going to dinner heard the commotion, stopped, turned around and checked into the situation to see if they were needed. I would certainly hope that they would. Why? Because being in that hospital at the time with credentials to back them up would mean --- to me, at least --- that regardless of title, job specifics, whatever, the medical person who stopped and turned around to see if assistance was needed to help me would be considered a part of the medical staff --- or TEAM --- that keeps that hospital going and the patients (hopefully!) alive and kicking. Sure, maybe that person is NOT regular ER personnel. And for them to stop to even check out the situation MIGHT mean that they'd be putting in what would be MORE than their normal share of work during the course of the day of being in the hospital. But, far as I'm concerned, when they took on the job, that's what they signed on for. And me, being the one on the stretcher, wouldn't give a damn WHERE in the hospital they specifically worked on a regular basis (as long as they weren't Housekeeping personnel, that is!).

No. I don't think Lisa single-handedly raising $50K (1/3 of the total money) from donors she brought in for Arsenio's team was something that was even somewhat special, given that she was a part of that team, anyway.

She did her job.

No more, no less.

JMHO
    Last edited by ness; 05-23-2012 at 05:16 PM.
    AZChristian likes this.
    "In a world of pollution, profanity, adolescence, broccoli, zits, ozone depletion, racism, sexism, stupid guys and PMS, why the hell do people still tell me to have a nice day?" - Unknown

Thanks for letting me know that at least I wasn't totally dreaming. I've been in a URI fog for about 10 days which just makes me more befuddled than usual.

And Oh,

No. I don't think Lisa single-handedly raising $50K (1/3 of the total money) from donors she brought in for Arsenio's team was something that was even somewhat special, given that she was a part of that team, anyway.
    All I think about it is that might mitigate the seemingly traitorous donation to Clay of !0K.

She had raised that money and recruited those donors for herself/charity in advance, but without sour grapes asked that it be donated to someone who beat her, and a different charity. Perhaps she noted that Arsenio wasn't raising as much as he might need.

So ... "special" ... maybe not necessarily for ordinary folks ... but perhaps special for Lisa because it seems uncharacteristically generous.

In any case while all on the team may have been "expected" to raise money ... if they didn't meet expectations and do their job ... what was Trump going to do ... Fire them ?
    Last edited by echo226; 05-23-2012 at 07:36 PM.
    "The way to become boring is to say everything." Voltaire

" The greatness of a nation can be judged by the way its animals are treated. "
    Mohandas Gandhi

Quote Originally Posted by echo226;4485333
    [B
    All I think about it is that might mitigate the seemingly traitorous donation to Clay of !0K.[/B]

She had raised that money and recruited those donors for herself/charity in advance, but without sour grapes asked that it be donated to someone who beat her, and a different charity. Perhaps she noted that Arsenio wasn't raising as much as he might need.

So ... "special" ... maybe not necessarily for ordinary folks ... but perhaps special for Lisa because it seems uncharacteristically generous.

In any case while all on the team may have been "expected" to raise money ... if they didn't meet expectations and do their job ... what was Trump going to do ... Fire them ?
    Actually, that thought DID cross my mind when I was responding. I chose not to bring it up at that time because I was focusing my answer strictly and solely on the issue regarding whether or not Lisa deserved kudos, a gold star, or a pat on the head for having lifted a third of the load herself as far as the money-raising for Arsenio went, or, ultimately, just wound up doing her job like everybody else on that team.

Sure, she recruited money donors for herself and her charity in advance. Sure, with no (obvious) sour grapes, she turned it over to Arsenio.

Well, whoopee for her.

Personally, Lisa being the player --- and no, I do NOT mean CA player! --- that I feel she is, yep, the only reason I think she gave Arsenio the $50K WAS because she figured it just MIGHT take some of the sting out of her giving Clay $10K for HIS charity.

Nah.

Not for me, at least.

Too bad, so sad.

The way I see it, not only was Lisa doing her job in giving Arsenio the money, but the $50K, IMHO, also became Arsenio's spoils of war, if you will, which were given to him by Lisa during the course of her job as being an active member of her team.

The $10K to Clay from Lisa? Lowdown and backstabbing. There was nothing job-based in that. It was all schoolyard "throw a rock and hide your hand" stuff. EXCEPT that, in THIS case, Lisa went over-the-top in putting what she did out there and on show, for ALL the world to see. The public "I want EVERYBODY to KNOW!" way in which she did it was even WORSE than her hiding her hand would've been. Had she been sincere about the reason for giving Clay the $10K strictly as a means to help his charity, she'd've contacted him quietly AFTER the show was over and done whatever it was she wanted to do.

So, no, I can't view the $50K, even trying to look at it from what could reasonably be argued as Lisa's viewpoint, as her being generous to Arsenio. She could not STAND Arsenio. And she was pissed because SHE got the boot, and HE didn't, after her thinking she and John Rich had "bonded", for God's sake.

And I still say, had I been Clay, I would've refused her money on the grounds of that action being open to interpretation as a conflict of interest on Lisa's part, at least, since she WAS an active member on the opposing team. And as much as I would've probably WANTED to accept the money for my charity, had I been him (I AM only human, after all), I would NOT want anything out there that might give rise to questions regarding whether or not MY hands were unclean, too, since I had taken money from an opposing team player.

As for Trump firing anybody for not living up to work performance expectations?

On one of the earlier tasks, he sure didn't fire Arsenio when the Leno check got to him just after their event closed out, he couldn't use it for that reason, and he hadn't raised a dime, otherwise, IIRC.
    Last edited by ness; 05-23-2012 at 11:00 PM.
    BuckeyeAddict likes this.
    "In a world of pollution, profanity, adolescence, broccoli, zits, ozone depletion, racism, sexism, stupid guys and PMS, why the hell do people still tell me to have a nice day?" - Unknown

FORT Regular

Patricia Velasquez had a very star-studded gala for her Wayuu Taya Foundation this week. The NY Daily News also reported that Ivanka Trump gave a $15,000 contribution to Patricia and one of the rooms in the school she is building will be named after her as a result. The link below has Patricia talking a little bit about how the foundation was negatively impacted by her losing the first task and the $100,000 she raised on her own going to the other team. Nice to see Ivanka stepping up to smooth that over a bit.

Stars Get Glam At The 10th Anniversary Gala of the Wayuu Taya Foundation (PHOTOS) | Global Grind

That IS nice to hear!

I'm happy for Patricia and her charity, and I'm happy that a Trump introduced herself into it with a checkbook.
    tapper01 and jucamer like this.

+ Reply to Thread