+ Reply to Thread
Page 22 of 24 FirstFirst ... 12131415161718192021222324 LastLast
Like Tree332Likes

Thread: Celebrity Apprentice 5/20 Episode_ And The Winner Is.... ****SPOILERS****

Re: Celebrity Apprentice 5/20 Episode_ And The Winner Is.... ****SPOILERS****

FyI you can't be robbed of something you never possessed in the first place. sorry
    sunshine3331 and jucamer like this.
    Injustice anywhere is a threat to justice everywhere.
    Martin Luther King, Jr.

Adam Corolla in his podcast yesterday starts talking about the finale at about the 25 minute mark.

The Adam Carolla Show - Taylor Hicks and David Wild | The Adam Carolla Show - A Free Daily Comedy Podcast from Adam Carolla
    BlondeOne likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by jucamer View Post
    I don't think Ivanka cared for the comedy routine's......
    Neither did I. See my comments at the end.

Quote Originally Posted by homeontherange View Post
    That's the first time I've heard Aubrey sing. I don't know how she sounds normally but she was very shaky and out of tune both times they showed her singing tonight.
    Clay's voice seemed a little shaky to me too ... maybe strained ? ... and in the finale too when singing with Arsenio.

Quote Originally Posted by jucamer View Post
    I agree - she should have donated to both charities - not only the opposition
    I read somewhere that she did donate $ 50,000 to Arsenio.
    Clay could have accepted the $10,000 but asked that it be excluded from his total raised for this task.

Quote Originally Posted by xmaskat View Post
    ... both should win!
    I think he should have named Clay and Arsenio the first ever Celebrity Co-Apprentices.
    As far as I can tell ... no reason was given for his choice, which I think was wrong. I think technically Clay won, but choosing Arsenio was more self serving.

Quote Originally Posted by mesachick View Post
    I found it interesting that Trump said that the money raised was not a factor. It always is a factor, until this last show. I imagine its because he knew that Clay raised triple the amount that Arsenio did, and took it out as a factor.
    He actually said something like ... the money raised isn't the only (or deciding) factor ... which I thought was odd too ... but this season, every challenge wasn't about how much money was raised ... but executives deciding who won the challenge, with some strange and arbitrary decisions. The Success Cologne being one of them.

.............................. .............................. ..................

So, I am disappointed because I thought Clay was clearly the winner.

In this task ... it was supposed to be a variety show and the only variety was in brand of filthy things presented as comedy.
    I thought the jokes in Arsenio's show were crude and disgusting. As the "producer" of the show he should have edited this for a mixed audience ... and the opposing team leader was one of the jokes. Lisa may have given Clay $10,000 ... but I thought that was inappropriate to the max.

HOWEVER ... Clay frequently seemed nervous and clearly not as well spoken ... and I thought the Arsenio win was signaled a number of times with Arsenio's declarations of wanting to be the Apprentice and loving his charity. There's something ... a little wide-eyed warmth about Arsenio that just grabs you. Clay seems more "businesslike" and less direct and personal.

I don't know ... but Trump needed Co-Apprentices this time or needs to explain his choice.
    "The way to become boring is to say everything." Voltaire

" The greatness of a nation can be judged by the way its animals are treated. "
    Mohandas Gandhi

Urban Renewal - a new era BuckeyeAddict's Avatar

I've posted this a few times in this thread, but wanted to post it again, because it keeps popping up. Clay did NOT raise 3 times as much as Arsenio. He didn't raise twice as much. I think most people heard $300,000 for Clay and $100,000 for Arsenio. Clay raised $301K, and Arsenio raised $167K. That's a difference of $134K. Not taking anything from Clay - he did fantastic. But Arsenio did better than many are giving him credit for.
    tapper01 likes this.
    Everything has an end. Only the sausage has two. - Monroe, from Grimm

Quote Originally Posted by BuckeyeAddict View Post
    I've posted this a few times in this thread, but wanted to post it again, because it keeps popping up. Clay did NOT raise 3 times as much as Arsenio. He didn't raise twice as much. I think most people heard $300,000 for Clay and $100,000 for Arsenio. Clay raised $301K, and Arsenio raised $167K. That's a difference of $134K. Not taking anything from Clay - he did fantastic. But Arsenio did better than many are giving him credit for.
    Arsenio had a total winning of $522k with clay a total of $361k
    tapper01 likes this.
    Injustice anywhere is a threat to justice everywhere.
    Martin Luther King, Jr.

Quote Originally Posted by MsDiva2007 View Post
    Arsenio had a total winning of $522k with clay a total of $361k
    Oh I don't think it's at all appropriate to include the winning $250,000 in the totals.

Clay raised $361,000 and Arsenio raised $272,000. That is what counts.

One thing to think about. The ONLY winning spoiler I could find had Clay as the winner. I didn't read anything that said Arsenio won other than people wanting him to win. Wonder if that was a factor as well. hmmmm

All I know is that those two are really good friends. Clay was classy - Arsenio was so funny - especially when he leaned over and told Clay as a child he was called skinny Ruben!

I have to hand it to them both, its good to see two men pleased for one another. They giggled backstage like kids and that's what its all about.Their charities, and having some fun with it.
    ness and BuckeyeAddict like this.
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

If Trump wanted Arsenio to win in order to set him up for getting a new talk show then he also set it up for Clay to come in 2nd place again. Not cool.
    I am happy that Arsenio did win. Anyone other than self promoting Aubrey or Lisa was ok by me.
    ness and BuckeyeAddict like this.
    Some people dream of having a big swimming pool - with me it's closets."
    -Audrey Hepburn.

Quote Originally Posted by echo226 View Post

I read somewhere that she did donate $ 50,000 to Arsenio.

No way I believe that - someone would have said so at the finale
    ness, BuckeyeAddict and MsDiva2007 like this.

+ Reply to Thread