+ Reply to Thread
Page 21 of 24 FirstFirst ... 1112131415161718192021222324 LastLast
Like Tree332Likes

Thread: Celebrity Apprentice 5/20 Episode_ And The Winner Is.... ****SPOILERS****

Re: Celebrity Apprentice 5/20 Episode_ And The Winner Is.... ****SPOILERS****

Quote Originally Posted by AZChristian View Post
    Don't forget Colton! Wouldn't it be hysterical to send those 3 to a desert island and see if ANY of them survive? (Hopefully, none would.)
    Oh, good Lord, yes!

If COLTON doesn't qualify as a big, nasty, childish bitch, then NOBODY does, or EVER will!!!!!!
    AZChristian and jucamer like this.
    "In a world of pollution, profanity, adolescence, broccoli, zits, ozone depletion, racism, sexism, stupid guys and PMS, why the hell do people still tell me to have a nice day?" - Unknown

Quote Originally Posted by jucamer View Post
    Oh my bad - he WAS the worst - they'll have to duke it out for second and third!
    Or maybe they'd come up with a three-way tie?
    jucamer likes this.
    "In a world of pollution, profanity, adolescence, broccoli, zits, ozone depletion, racism, sexism, stupid guys and PMS, why the hell do people still tell me to have a nice day?" - Unknown

Quote Originally Posted by lizardcat View Post
    So true! My family is filled with teachers, and we tease them when they go into "teacher mode" during a conversation. Considering whom he was dealing with, though, I thought Clay was spot on. Debbie and Aubrey were all over the place, and he just kept repeating his requests very clearly so that there would be no misunderstanding.
    Yep.

Dealing with THOSE two lunatics, there was no other way for him to have handled it that would've not resulted in him getting burned very badly as a result of NOT being firm, clear and repetitive with them.

I DO have to give it up to Debbie for acknowledging that Clay just kept rolling with her when she was behaving like she was a few bricks shy of a full load, though. That showed real class, on her part.

Mr. (Not so) Perfect Bouncing Balls Champion

Out of the three I like Lisa the best. Or hate her the least.
    jucamer likes this.

I have a new love now JunkieGirl's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ness View Post
    Monday-afternoon Trumpthoughts . . .

4. This one touches on numbers 1 and 3, but specifically has to do with Dayana. Even though he (and all of us, as well) KNEW that Dayana was most likely not going to win this, Trump was also aware that Dayana had been terribly and consistently abused by Lisa (and to a lesser extent, Aubrey) during the entire course of the series up to the point she got fired. And he was ALSO aware --- as were we all --- that even in the face of all that unwarranted abuse, DAYANA DID NOT RESPOND IN KIND. I think he noted that, appreciated it, and when the shouting was all over, in a very gentlemanly way, AGAIN opened the door in order that Dayana could run on through it and give Lisa a taste of her own medicine. He KNEW that what Dayana was going to say was NOT going to be pretty, but he ALSO knew that she'd handle herself in a ladylike fashion and get her own back. Kudos to Trump. If ANYBODY deserved to take a (ladylike) swing at Lisa, that would be Dayana.

Good for HIM!!!!!
    Well, you're a better woman than me, Ness. I could not possibly have any further thoughts about Trump after the finale, nevermind the next day. haha

I am glad Dayanna was on the show this year. She definitely showed that winning Miss Universe is not just a title. She is an exemplary example of what the pageant represents. She is of strong character, inner beauty, a role model for other young women. She showed the audience that just because someone attacks you or your brain, talent or character that it is not necessary to attack or retaliate in any way. The reason that Dayanna was so impressive was because she had probably dealt with a lot of similar behaviour from some of the others she was competing with, yet stayed with the course and dealt with things in the best way she knew how. She is a very classy woman and will achieve much in her life if she comports herself in the same way she did on CA. It is no wonder that she won Miss Universe. I am glad that I got to see her on this show, she is the only outstanding woman from this season.
    Sheldon Cooper: Woman, you're playing with forces beyond your ken

Penny: Yeah, well your Ken can kiss my Barbie.

FORT Regular

After finally watching the finale, my heart broke for Patricia. She seems like a truly generous person whose charity may have actually come out on the losing end from doing the show.

And for those who think the win was a rig/set-up for Arsenio to get his own talk show, NBC is now trying to snag him for a TV deal along with two other networks. Happy for him though!

Arsenio Hall -- 3 Networks 'Very Interested' in Talk Show | TMZ.com
    jucamer likes this.

What a clever sound bite. Arsenio won all his tasks. All 2 of them and what did he get handed to him? The only 2 tasks with ongoing fundraising opportunities. I don't think it was any coincidence that Arsenio was gifted with the Walgreens task so that Magic Johnston could give them a free endorsement and he was also gifted with the Good Sam Jingle win, that was such a mess that a dog wouldn't have it for breakfast. Clay's team did a much better job but again, the fundraising opportunity of the sale of all of the bobblehead dolls went to Magic Johnston on top of the regular prize money.

Arsenio didn't even bring in any money on the 2 fundraisers. Not a cent. Arsenio didn't win Apprentice, Magic Johnston did.

Adam Corolla recently said to Clay: "It's better to be the person that lost and everyone thought should have won than be the person that won and everyone thought they didn't deserve it."

Clay won this thing by losing.
    Last edited by Srsly; 05-22-2012 at 02:02 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by spockwhat View Post
    Hardly. Aubrey was an impossible person to deal with, do you recall her saying his 'quote' should be "you decided to walk away from the business for a while?' She was an annoying, self absorbed twit the entire show, and Arsenio lost it. And then apologized.

For almost the entirity of the season, Arsenio handled himself with class and patience. He lost it once, and it did not recur.
    For almost the entirity of the season, we listened to Aubrey's self-absorbed rantings and watched as she undermined everyone around her.
    For almost the entirity of the season, we had to bear the ridiculous breakdowns of Lisa, and listen to her abusive tirades.

I don't even see how Lisa/Aubrey are even slightly comparable to Arsenio at all. Lisa and Aubrey were NASTY regardless of how anyone else behaved. They were CONSISTANTLY nasty and continue to be nasty. I don't care if Arsenio called her a bleep once or if Penn said something once on Twitter or if Clay once took his dog on a plane.

Trying to find negative things that other people did doesn't make Lisa and Aubrey any less ugly than they are.
    Another point to add to your most excellent post is that Arsenio APOLIGIZED to Aubrey. Neither Aubrey or Lisa saw a reason to say that they were sorry for even one of the hundreds of vile comments they made nor the rude way they spoke to others.
    tapper01 and jucamer like this.

FORT Fogey

I can understand all the support for Clay, but I have to admit that I'm really surprised at how "anti-Arsenio" that support has become. Sunday night, I missed the last hour of the show. When I read all the outrage that Clay was robbed, I figured there must have been some really big issue in the last hour that turned things in Clay's favor. I caught up with the rest of the show last night, and never saw that big issue. From what I saw this season, both Arsenio and Clay played GREAT games. Both of them brought really great ideas to the table, participated well, and led well. I think both of them were passionate about the show, and it showed. Often times with Celebrity Apprentice, I think the winner is obvious from early in the season, and by the time we get to the finale, they are falsely lifting up a second contender just to give the apperance of competition. This season was not a season like that. I thought that both Arsenio and Clay deserved to be there, and either one could have won. I'm glad Arsenio won, because I really respected the way he handled most of the season with such class, I like that he's admitted that he wants to use this to get back in the spotlight with a show, and I loved his show growing up. But if Clay had won, I would not have felt like Arsenio was robbed, nor do I think that Clay was robbed. Either man would have been deserving. All that said, when Aubrey talked about how she looked at Trump while singing because "everybody knew he was wrong to fire her" I gagged. I will NOT miss her being on my TV!

Quote Originally Posted by Srsly View Post

Adam Corolla recently said to Clay: "It's better to be the person that lost and everyone thought should have won than be the person that won and everyone thought they didn't deserve it."

Clay won this thing by losing.
    IMHO, the same thing happened to him with Idol!
    AZChristian and Srsly like this.

+ Reply to Thread