+ Reply to Thread
Page 20 of 24 FirstFirst ... 101112131415161718192021222324 LastLast
Like Tree332Likes

Thread: Celebrity Apprentice 5/20 Episode_ And The Winner Is.... ****SPOILERS****

Never too old to Twinkle! AZChristian's Avatar

Re: Celebrity Apprentice 5/20 Episode_ And The Winner Is.... ****SPOILERS****

Quote Originally Posted by sunnydayz View Post
    I'm glad Arsenio won! I think he deserved it given his wins as project manager and the total amount of money he raised for his charity. Despite the nasty bullying done by Aubrey and Lisa, I'm glad I hung in there and watched the whole season...I almost thru in the towel awhile back. I really enjoyed getting to know more about some of the other celebrities - Dayana, Theresa, Penn, Dee, Paul, and Patricia. I might even now watch an episode or two of Housewives and Chopper to see Theresa and Paul in action. And I'm quite certain if I ever see Aubrey and/or Lisa on my TV again, I'll immediately change the channel! I don't ever need to see or hear either of them again.
    You might want to avoid Orange County Choppers, too. Paul seemed so calm and warm and fuzzy on Celebrity Apprentice. He's not that nice at the shop . . . and he treats his sons like dirt. JMO. I was floored to see him behaving like such a normal person on CA - but I guess there were bigger bullies than him on those tasks.
    jucamer and sunnydayz like this.

I know, You know, Asteroids Champion, Alu`s Revenge Champion, Titans Champion, Little Protectors Champion spockwhat's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by tinderbox View Post
    But you said that the two women were the "nastiest" ever on the show. IMO, Arsenio was pretty darn nasty, as well, and he belongs in their group.
    Hardly. Aubrey was an impossible person to deal with, do you recall her saying his 'quote' should be "you decided to walk away from the business for a while?' She was an annoying, self absorbed twit the entire show, and Arsenio lost it. And then apologized.

For almost the entirity of the season, Arsenio handled himself with class and patience. He lost it once, and it did not recur.
    For almost the entirity of the season, we listened to Aubrey's self-absorbed rantings and watched as she undermined everyone around her.
    For almost the entirity of the season, we had to bear the ridiculous breakdowns of Lisa, and listen to her abusive tirades.

I don't even see how Lisa/Aubrey are even slightly comparable to Arsenio at all. Lisa and Aubrey were NASTY regardless of how anyone else behaved. They were CONSISTANTLY nasty and continue to be nasty. I don't care if Arsenio called her a bleep once or if Penn said something once on Twitter or if Clay once took his dog on a plane.

Trying to find negative things that other people did doesn't make Lisa and Aubrey any less ugly than they are.
    Last edited by spockwhat; 05-21-2012 at 05:36 PM.
    march, ness, Footballmom and 12 others like this.

But you said that the two women were the "nastiest" ever on the show. IMO, Arsenio was pretty darn nasty, as well, and he belongs in their group.
    Arsenio has said on many occassions that he is sorry about what he said to Aubrey. I don't think Lisa or Aubrey are sorry about the thing they said. I mean the man even felt bad when he had to call Theresa out when she was fired. He said what a nice lady she was but he had to defend himself. I don't see any sorrow from Clay on his cattiness. So why is Arsenio such a meany for defending himself against Aubrey or Lisa(Neither has acted like the ladies they want to be treated as)
    Injustice anywhere is a threat to justice everywhere.
    Martin Luther King, Jr.

Sorry about the delay in responding fully. Apparently, I accidentally hit "send" before I completely finished, so that only part of what I wanted to say got posted. Plus, I'm having connection issues today, and that didn't help matters when I discovered that only part of what I wished to say was posted, and discovered I'd timed out when I finished it and tried to send it.

To respond (hopefully) to the above post, and the one I TRIED to from a little ways up in the thread . . .

My actual statement, as regards Lisa and Aubrey, was:

"Those two are pretty much the biggest, nastiest bitches I think I've ever seen on TV (Hell, they even made ADAM look reasonable, most times!), and probably rank among the nastiest celebs he's ever had on CA."

That's my humble opinion/view/take on Lisa and Aubrey, and I stand by it.

Clay was robbed and clearly deserved to win. However, the person who "deserves" to take home the crown is often passed over. Sad.

bolding mine...

But, it was ok for Arsenio to call Aubrey the c word, among many others, during his constant tirade about her? As much as I concur that Aubrey (and Lisa) have their faults....Arsenio falls into the same category with his insulting comebacks.
    No. I don't think I, or anybody else, ever said it was OK for Arsenio to call Aubrey what he did, or say the things he said to her.

To complete what I've bolded from my earlier response, above:

After that Boardroom blowup where Arsenio smeared Aubrey all across the room, after SHE started at HIM, IIRC, he felt bad about it, took her aside, and offered what I (at least) felt was a sincere apology for his words and behavior towards her in the Boardroom. She appeared to accept his apology, right then, to his face. However, later on in a PI, she went on a rant about how she "hated" him, didn't trust him, and so on and so forth.

Just the above paragraph alone says for me how Arsenio is SO not in a category with Aubrey.

1. He didn't go after her until after she'd taken shot after shot at HIM with her snarky remarks and attitude. Even Clay said, in his blog, that even though it wasn't shown on air, she said one thing too many, and it was on and poppin' from there, because Arsenio had had ENOUGH. Aubrey AND Lisa, OTOH, routinely disrespected people consistently BOTH behind their backs and to their faces, without provocation, on almost too many occasions to count.

No. Despite his unloading on her in the Boardroom, AND what he said to her, he and Aubrey are NOT in the same category. If you ain't gonna dance, you need to stay off the floor; Aubrey should've left him ALONE. Even IRON wears out, sometimes.

2. Arsenio felt bad later on, about what he'd done, took her aside and offered what seemed to be a sincere apology to her for his behavior. This is what adults who know they have wrongfully harmed somebody generally tend to do. I'm sorry, but not once do/can I recall seeing Aubrey do this, or anything of the sort. Why? Because she's such a snarky child that she thinks she's the most brilliant, entitled thing on the face of the earth since sliced bread. If Arsenio had no respect for her, or really was not sincere in his apology, he wouldn't've taken her aside to apologize and speak to her one-on-one. If he was insincere, just showboating to try to cover his ass to try to make it to the finals, he most likely would've made a production out of "apologizing" to her in front of the others, so everyone could see it.

Aubrey and Arsenio in the same category? No. Adults make sincere verbal amends to persons they harm. Children grin and smile in your face, then diss you or try to "get even" with you behind your back. Last time I heard, there IS a distinct difference between the categories of "Adult" and "Child". And just personally speaking strictly for myself, Arsenio and Aubrey do NOT fall into the same category, and I absolutely know which one of them I'd label as the "Adult" as opposed to the "Child".

And when Trump called him out later on about the blowup with Aubrey, he admitted his wrongdoing (two wrongs don't make a right), and apologized in front of everybody for it. When Marlee put him on blast about it, he didn't lie or try to dodge or smooth over the issue. He owned his actions and said that wasn't the best way to have handled the situation, and he was sorry for doing that.

And I couldn't believe it, but Aubrey even kept this mess going in the last Boardroom! That unwarranted comment she made about not even wanting to know Arsenio as a man reeked of skank and was beyond the pale. Arsenio got her back for it, again, but had learned his lesson and didn't sink to her level. So, ultimately, SHE wound up looking like the idiot.

AGAIN.

Arsenio clearly removed himself even farther away from her category by how he handled himself then. He took care of business that he believed was a dead issue (because he'd previously apologized and thought it'd been accepted), but didn't resort to getting alley about it.

So . . .

Arsenio, Aubrey (and Lisa) in the same category?

Not in this lifetime, or any other, from where I sit.

And we'll have to agree to disagree about that.
    Last edited by ness; 05-21-2012 at 06:45 PM.
    "In a world of pollution, profanity, adolescence, broccoli, zits, ozone depletion, racism, sexism, stupid guys and PMS, why the hell do people still tell me to have a nice day?" - Unknown

Three things that cost Clay the win

1. When asked by Trump why he wanted to be the apprentice he had no real reason. Clay had excuses about coming in 2nd before. Well so has Arsenio. He did not say what Trump wanted to hear.

2. Trump asked how he felt about losing tasks during the competition: Again Clay mentioned he was not bothered by losing(What kind of person for a business is not bothered by losing) Wrong Answer Trump doesn't like losers.

3. Previous losses Trump went with the one who won all of his tasks. Clay did not so this imo factored into the decision.

added note- Lisa and her blatant attempt at Sabotage by giving money to Clay's Charity probably also factored into.
    march, ness and sunshine3331 like this.
    Injustice anywhere is a threat to justice everywhere.
    Martin Luther King, Jr.

Quote Originally Posted by MsDiva2007 View Post
    Three things that cost Clay the win

1. When asked by Trump why he wanted to be the apprentice he had no real reason. Clay had excuses about coming in 2nd before. Well so has Arsenio. He did not say what Trump wanted to hear.

2. Trump asked how he felt about losing tasks during the competition: Again Clay mentioned he was not bothered by losing(What kind of person for a business is not bothered by losing) Wrong Answer Trump doesn't like losers.

3. Previous losses Trump went with the one who won all of his tasks. Clay did not so this imo factored into the decision.

added note- Lisa and her blatant attempt at Sabotage by giving money to Clay's Charity probably also factored into.
    EXACTLY.

Like/liked 'em both.

But, Arsenio had it in the bag last night.

Even though I smelled Clay winning it earlier on.
    "In a world of pollution, profanity, adolescence, broccoli, zits, ozone depletion, racism, sexism, stupid guys and PMS, why the hell do people still tell me to have a nice day?" - Unknown

Sorry but no one can put Arsenio in the same class as those two bitches. Arsenio had one outburst - those witches are just plain nasty & evil and about the lowest class people that have ever been on any reality show.

Never too old to Twinkle! AZChristian's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by jucamer View Post
    Sorry but no one can put Arsenio in the same class as those two bitches. Arsenio had one outburst - those witches are just plain nasty & evil and about the lowest class people that have ever been on any reality show.
    Don't forget Colton! Wouldn't it be hysterical to send those 3 to a desert island and see if ANY of them survive? (Hopefully, none would.)
    ness, mushybrain, jucamer and 1 others like this.

It was the first season of CA that I was OK with whomever won, I liked both Clay and Arsenio. Clay can be just a skooch condescending as a leader, but at least he leads.. I think Arsenio delegates and trusts his team to the point of "whatever you think, I gave you that job". Except the idea of the roast, I applauded him for shooting that down.

What I didn't like about this finale was that they didn't discuss the event. We never heard Trump or the Trumpette's opinions on the PSA or either event, whether they liked the comedy or thought it was too 'blue', whether they liked the idea of Clay's carnival theme, who was greeted at the door and who wasn't, etc. We found out how much $$ they each earned and then suddenly it was "Dayana, who would you hire...?" We are all here trying to figure out why Arsenio won when in past season's they dug a little deeper and spelled out why a particular person won. All in all I am happy with the result, but I missed the getting to the heart of the task Boardroom that we usually see!

Quote Originally Posted by AZChristian View Post
    Don't forget Colton! Wouldn't it be hysterical to send those 3 to a desert island and see if ANY of them survive? (Hopefully, none would.)
    Oh my bad - he WAS the worst - they'll have to duke it out for second and third!
    ness and AZChristian like this.

+ Reply to Thread